$22 Season Tix?

Blown01NJ

Anybody know the prices for like a 10 game package? I can't afford the full season, even with the discounts, but I'd like to get to more games this year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when can we expect to see the tickets in the mail?

Usually a week or two before the first preseason game.. The best day of the year is when that yellow package arrives in the mail and you flip through that fresh book of tickets.. I love it

1,600 new season ticket holders baby! More to come with Parise's re-signing. We should sell-out quite a bit this year.

My sarcasm meter is broken. Is this serious?

Edit: I guess I should back that up. The team gives a ton of tickets away and sold a lot of tickets for way below face value last year. I guess anything can be a "sellout" if you get creative. Apparently we had 12 reported sellouts last year. I would guess that there were maybe 5 legitimate sellouts at best.

Edited by BCdevil

Edit: I guess I should back that up. The team gives a ton of tickets away and sold a lot of tickets for way below face value last year. I guess anything can be a "sellout" if you get creative. Apparently we had 12 reported sellouts last year. I would guess that there were maybe 5 legitimate sellouts at best.

I agree that we will sell out a bunch this season.. If we got 12 this past season, I'm going to go out and say we get 20 this next season :koolaid:

It's really all about how the team plays.. The season prior, when we got Kovy, we were selling out every other game it seemed.. I think that there are higher expectations for the Devils this season, and if we play well, the fans will come to games.. I mean any amount of winning will look great because last season looked so miserable in the first half

Winning and ticket prices are what it all comes down to

Which are you saying? That you don't like how the team gives away freebies, or that you're contending the theory that we will sell out quite a bit this season?

Were on pace to have more sell outs then the Yankees this season!

In my own confusing way, I was challenging the idea that we will sell out "quite a bit" this year. I guess it's possible if we have a bunch of soft sellouts for the second year in a row.

Devils inflate ticket sales and attendance figures all the time. A lot of other NHL teams do that too but I feel NJ is one of the worst. You will still get those who will dispute it and drink the Kool-Aid all day in believing we had a dozen sellouts last year.

Devils inflate ticket sales and attendance figures all the time. A lot of other NHL teams do that too but I feel NJ is one of the worst. You will still get those who will dispute it and drink the Kool-Aid all day in believing we had a dozen sellouts last year.

I'm not necessarily calling you out on this, but how do you know this? Is it just a general understanding?

I'm not necessarily calling you out on this, but how do you know this? Is it just a general understanding?

Of the about 20 games last year that I went to, about five or six were announced as sellout. They were not even close. Yeah you can argue that the tickets sold just no one showed up, but believe me there were too many empty seats for that to be believable.

Everyone keeps saying the Devils have 'soft' sellouts, what were the games we sold out last year? Offhand I only remember the three Ranger games, Opening Night (against the Flyers on a weekend) and throwback night against the Caps on a Friday, I don't think any of them were soft. The game after Christmas usually sells out every year so that's six. I think the Philly and Montreal games in April as well as the Boston Fan Appreciation game, I don't know if they were soft sellouts per se though the Montreal and Boston games had a ton of non-Devils fans there :P

Of the about 20 games last year that I went to, about five or six were announced as sellout. They were not even close. Yeah you can argue that the tickets sold just no one showed up, but believe me there were too many empty seats for that to be believable.

StubHub and secondary markets are a pretty good indicator for ticket demand, if corner seats are selling for $40 and up (plus site fees) then that's a pretty good indication it's a sellout. The first playoff game against Carolina was the phoniest sellout I can remember, tickets were selling for like $15 on the web.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Everyone keeps saying the Devils have 'soft' sellouts, what were the games we sold out last year? Offhand I only remember the three Ranger games, Opening Night (against the Flyers on a weekend) and throwback night against the Caps on a Friday, I don't think any of them were soft. The game after Christmas usually sells out every year so that's six. I think the Philly and Montreal games in April as well as the Boston Fan Appreciation game, I don't know if they were soft sellouts per se though the Montreal and Boston games had a ton of non-Devils fans there :P

StubHub and secondary markets are a pretty good indicator for ticket demand, if corner seats are selling for $40 and up (plus site fees) then that's a pretty good indication it's a sellout. The first playoff game against Carolina was the phoniest sellout I can remember, tickets were selling for like $15 on the web.

We opened the season against Dallas last season not the Flyers. I'm pretty sure the Boston game in April sold out because of the Quebec fans coming down to cheer us on lol.

Everyone keeps saying the Devils have 'soft' sellouts, what were the games we sold out last year? Offhand I only remember the three Ranger games, Opening Night (against the Flyers on a weekend) and throwback night against the Caps on a Friday, I don't think any of them were soft. The game after Christmas usually sells out every year so that's six. I think the Philly and Montreal games in April as well as the Boston Fan Appreciation game, I don't know if they were soft sellouts per se though the Montreal and Boston games had a ton of non-Devils fans there.

10/08/10 vs. DAL

11/05/10 vs. NYR

11/27/10 vs. PHI

12/11/10 vs. DET

12/29/10 vs. NYR

02/18/11 vs. NYR

03/04/11 vs. PIT

03/12/11 vs. NYI

03/18/11 vs. WAS

04/01/11 vs. PHI

04/02/11 vs. MON

04/10/11 vs. BOS

We opened the season against Dallas last season not the Flyers. I'm pretty sure the Boston game in April sold out because of the Quebec fans coming down to cheer us on lol.

Oh, I confused two seasons ago and this year with last year...I wish I really could forget that game, it set a tone for the first half :P

And yeah Fan Appreciation sold out because of the Quebec fans, but we'll never really know if Devils fans would have sold it out on their own cause the Quebec fans sold it out early in December when we were sucking, and with the way our fans were buying tickets after our great run in the second half I imagine it could have been a regular sellout, especially since Fan Appreciation Day usually is.

10/08/10 vs. DAL

11/05/10 vs. NYR

11/27/10 vs. PHI

12/11/10 vs. DET

12/29/10 vs. NYR

02/18/11 vs. NYR

03/04/11 vs. PIT

03/12/11 vs. NYI

03/18/11 vs. WAS

04/01/11 vs. PHI

04/02/11 vs. MON

04/10/11 vs. BOS

So which ones were the 'soft' sellouts then? I was at all but two of those games (Isles, Habs) and the ones I was at seemed pretty full to me. I don't remember a lot of giveaways for those games either though I won Club Seats for the Wings game at a viewing party the night before :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

10/08/10 vs. DAL

11/05/10 vs. NYR

11/27/10 vs. PHI

12/11/10 vs. DET

12/29/10 vs. NYR

02/18/11 vs. NYR

03/04/11 vs. PIT

03/12/11 vs. NYI

03/18/11 vs. WAS

04/01/11 vs. PHI

04/02/11 vs. MON

04/10/11 vs. BOS

I was at both the Detroit game and the Islanders game on 3/12/11 and no way in hell those were sellouts, especially the Detroit game.