GDT: Atlanta Thrashers @ Devils 7:30 pm ET

njdevil26

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll predict a Thrasher win. This team is not a good match-up for the Devils. They're deep in scoring and can also send out Holik to terrorize opponents.

I'll say 5-2 Atlanta. If you're wondering, I don't see the Rangers winning either against the Islanders tonight. In fact, I think that will be 4-1.

you know... a lot of people don't discuss this... if the devils decide to play run and gun, they can hang with anybody... the devils can score goals in bunches if they want to... they opened it up against the rangers and i hope thats the sign of something new.

Eh. They scored six because the Rangers were sleepwalking njdevil26. I wouldn't go ga ga over that. The team quit in the third down two. That wasn't insurmountable by any stretch.

For what it's worth though, I agree with you that the Devils should open it up more.

well remember some games last year? 7-2 over the caps. 8-2 over tampa... go look at some highlights, even if the teams were strugglin, the devils showed great skill and speed... they can if they want... but for some reason, they wont

Edited by njdevil26

it probably is... at one end you have brodeur who is stellar... and this year he is the main reason for the low GA.... because of it, rafalski and martin have been forced to quit on offense so they dont let up any odd man rushes... but they have so many offensive weapons its a shame we dont use them the way we should. in an offensive game ... the devs can hang with the best of them.. but they choose not to

i guarentee you that is the first thing on his mind lol.... i bet he absolutely despises roy and wants nothing more than to have his name in front of patricks... and as long as the team wins at the same time because of good goaltending... then i guess its not a problem

LOL I think you're right. I think he wants to demolish that wins record because Roy always treated him like dirt. Plus 2001 when he cried after the Cup loss.

The shutout thing. That's different. He'll get it. But it's different eras completely and not as personal.

Yeah. I agree. It's always fun to score 4 or 5 and break out. And have an easy win instead of having to hold on for dear life. That kind of style can wear down. Plus it can drive fans nuts. LOL

Edited by Derek21

Heh. Well, it is what it is right? At least you got a new arena to look forward to.

I'm going to the Ranger game. I wish I was excited about it. But hockey is just not on my mind right now. Plus I don't have a good feeling. Haha

Do you think it's cause of the goalie? :waits to get fried:

:kill:

:P

i guarentee you that is the first thing on his mind lol.... i bet he absolutely despises roy and wants nothing more than to have his name in front of patricks... and as long as the team wins at the same time because of good goaltending... then i guess its not a problem

I doubt it considering Roy was always his idol. Sure he may want to take some his records away but I highly doubt that either one of them personally hates the other.

Edited by devilsfan26

:dance: Win Biatches Win! :dance:

I'll be in 238 as always.

Devils didn't have a good time with Atlanta at all last season, They're gonna have to come out hard and stay that way for the whole game. Won't be easy, but with the Isles and Rangers going at it, a win is a must.

Let's Go Devils!