Gelinas to be sent to AHL when Volchenkov returns.

DevilMinder

Gagner's been in and out of the rumor mill for some time now. I'd love to add him but I don't think they'd want Fayne since he's a UFA. Would probably take Josefson + one of Merrill or Gelinas since they are just about NHL ready and relatively cheap for the next few years and EDM could use some D. Don't know if Lou would be willing to give up one of the young D though.

Ugh.  Gagner is awful defensively - I think NJ would also need a swap of Volchenkov and Nick Schultz's contracts to make that one work, and even so, it doesn't make very much sense to me.

Edited by Triumph

Seems Like I'm in the minority here, but I'm pissed!  Gelly has thrown some life into the PP, and i do beleive he can learn on the job in the NHL, the speed of play in the AHL is too slow for him to learn, he needs to learn while playing the best in the world, just 1 man's opinion, but there comes a point where he eeds to play on this level, and learn on this level,.

I've always been on the learn in the NHL side, but we need points to make the playoffs, and that means we need the best 6 guys out on d, especially with the injuries at forward. Right now, Gelly isn't one of the best 6. If DeBo decides to take a chance, I'm more than on board, but I wouldn't force him to, and I'd rather Gelly get playing time in Albany than sit in the press box here. Course, he's back now, so we'll see what happens.

Ugh. Gagner is awful defensively - I think NJ would also need a swap of Volchenkov and Nick Schultz's contracts to make that one work, and even so, it doesn't make very much sense to me.

Zajac,Zubrus,Elias, Clowe, Henrique, Bernier and Carter are all regulars who are at least average defensively. Just shift Henrique to wing and give Gagner soft mins

Ugh.  Gagner is awful defensively - I think NJ would also need a swap of Volchenkov and Nick Schultz's contracts to make that one work, and even so, it doesn't make very much sense to me.

I can live with his defense since NJ could use the offensive boost he can bring. Plus as SMantzas just said, Elias or Henrique on his line can help cover for him. There would be a cap issue as you said though.

With all that said, I still think that a deal is unlikely. Any move I see Lou doing is going to be something minor to alleviate the roster crunch.

Then I have no idea why they'd look to move Gagner. Just rumors I heard this morning.

It's a popular one and has been for some time now. 

I mean, I can live with his lack of defense but would PDB? That guy would ride the pine in a heartbeat if he's not scoring.