NFL Week 5!!!

CRASHER

So we have six teams on bye for week 4, and only two for Week 5?? Seriously who’s the untrained idiot who figures this stuff out??? But not only that but it’s FORCED BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH NOW all across the world…..don’t get me wrong, I’m not pro-cancer (though I DO wish it on a few douchebags who go outside my apartment to smoke because God Forbid THEIR apartments stink of smoke….but I’ll be a prick and exhale right in front of a window fan and not care….argh…. don’t start me)….but I was the same way with the Dopey ALS Ice Challenge, if you wanna donate, then donate….90% of the people dumping ice buckets on their head were being Facebook and youtube sheep and were only doing it because everyone else did….I’m all for raising awareness and all that crap, but making the whole NFL pink-up for a month….it just looks DUMB people….and you can’t force someone to volunteer….oh wait…the NFL can….though I’m amazed Jerry Jones hasn’t activated Michael Sam yet….there’s some SERIOUS MONEY in that man in a pink jersey and you know why!....heh that was SOME rant, eh?? With only Miami and Oakland off this week I’d better get to it…

Thursday Oct 2:

Minnesota at Green Bay:

Again….another quality division game that is going to be ruined and horrible because it’s on a damn Thursday Night….seriously NFL….you can spare the money…hell you just signed a TWO BILLION A YEAR DEAL WITH DIRECT TV, basically keeping them in business and screwing everyone else out of getting Sunday Football games in their house….STOP WATERING DOWN YOUR DAMNED PRODUCT….argh, and since this game is rushed it looks like Teddy Bridgewater’s ankle is a no-go (and even if he was, this is a rookie QB in his second start with an hour to prep for this game….good luck)….and it’s Christian Plunder against a Packer team that knows him well and beats up on him often….as much as this seems a given ….I thought it last week too….do not…will not…. MUST NOT….can not take the Vikings…..no matter how awful my picks tend to  be on Thursday….must…..stay….the course…..though if the Vikings win this I’m going opposite day the rest of the season….seriously…..

Winner:  Packers  (please oh please be right..)

Game Quality:  **

Sunday Sept 28:

1pm:

Houston at Dallas:

And I thought LAST week’s game was hell on Earth to pick with the Cowboys….now we have the Texas Heritage all-state Super Mini-Championship game to debate….the Texans can do a lot with that front 7 to make life hell for a team….but the Cowboys have the O-Line and the coaches to properly undermine Jason Garrett and run a proper NFL offense AND defense (seriously Rod Maronelli, they should be offering you the cheerleader of your choice weekly as a sacrifice for your coaching efforts)…Arian Foster is still hurt (shocking)…and Ryan Fitzpatrik is due a true implosion game around here sooner or later…and while this Dallas team is “untalented”….they do work hard and get in the right places…if this team wasn’t the Dallas Cowboys I’d probably be higher on them and be enjoying this mini-rebuild on the fly and be saying good stuff about them….talk to me again after NEXT week….if Dallas puts in a good showing and gives Seattle a Denver-like fight….I MIGHT buy in….but they need to win this week to sell the delusion…and damn them to hell…they probably will…..

Winner: Cowboys

Game Quality:  ** ½

Chicago at Carolina:

Some games I just look at the matchup and I get to it right away and the whole thing is written out in my head in about 30 seconds (sometimes researching a stat or a name or whateve)…..sometimes I look at a game and go “eww…that one’s getting written last”….and some games make me walk my 10 mile daily “no hockey game tonight” walk…..this one got me walking double-time….I shouldn’t write the Bears off after one bad game…but it’s so damned hard to trust in Jay Cutler….Carolina on the other hand seems on the down fast…two straight losses….a beat up Cam….the billion dollar backfield inactive due to injury….and the defense isn’t scary since Greg Hardy was put on the “walk of shame” list…funny enough the Bears have won both their road games this season…hell that’s as good a stat as I need to get out of this nightmare matchup….and oh yeah…GO CUTLER!! #FantasyGeekMoment

Winner: Bears

Game Quality:  ** ½

Bills at Detroit:

THE RKO ERA IN BUFFALO HAS BEGUN!!!!! I’m not sure how I feel about this….EJ’s not even played a full season of games….and yeah they can go back to him….but how many young QBs who get benched come back and get better?? But I do understand on the OTHER side that the AFC East is wide fraking open and maybe Orton is the best chance to win some games (you know like he was Week 17 in Dallas….HAAAA), and Orton is pretty familiar with the Lions…however this Lions team is playing more disciplined and the offense isn’t all about padding Calvin’s stats anymore (I still don’t get how he only gets TWO catches against the Jets…that’s damned criminal)….but the Lions are gonna have to run the ball better than they have this year (only 8 teams are worse this year and one of those teams was on the bye last week) and NO ONE gets less yards per carry at 3.1…this is that kinda game where a talented but easily overlooked team like Buffalo could come in and snipe the Lions in a non-conference game which doesn’t mean as much to them….ahhh, you know what…frak it.…my picks have been horrible this year.... CMON UPSET!! CMON RKO!! CMON REVERSE-JINXING BUFFALO!!!! I’m picking the upset!!!

Winner: BILLS

Game Quality: **

Baltimore at Colts:

Neither one of these teams has really been impressive this season…yeah the Purple Haze is 3-0, but the wins are Car, Pitt, Cleveland….not exactly murderers row….and the Colts have only beaten awful Jacksonville and pathetic Tennessee….and I would think you won’t get the super-motivated enraged butthurt’ed fury of Steve Smith this week (though it was a bit ridiculous since the reason Smith had to be cut was the asinine contracts in the backfield and NOT a knock on him….but hey…he does anger and fury production better than even I do….go for it….you can ice up after :D )…neither one of these teams scare you on defense….and this game could have high scoring toss up written all over it….in that case, when it’s close pick the home team…and keep the ball AWAY from Trent Richardson for God’s sake!!!!

Winner:  Colts

Game Quality:  ** ¾

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville:

Let me be the first to say SUCK IT PITTSBURGH YOU SHOULD ALL CHOKE YOURSELVES ON YOUR AWFUL HORRIBLE HANKIES….lose to Tampa AT HOME after they let up 1,000 points on Thursday Night the week before….. THAT’S A DAMNED DISGRACE!!!! I HATE YOU AND YOUR FRONT RUNNING “FAN BASE”….argh…..yes….survivor pool rant completed….at least they play someone just as pathetic this week in the Jags, who are averaging losing by 25 points a game….that’s pretty terrible….can the Steelers sh!t the bed TWICE in a row?? Not with me out of the survivor pool…. *sigh*

Winner:  Steelers (well they can’t murder my survivor pool THIS time)

Game Quality: *

Tampa Bay at New Orleans:

I really want to say that this is the “get better” game for the Saints….but it’s so hard to see anything positive with them after seeing their first four games….for some unknown reason Pierre Thomas has disappeared from their offense….the passing game has no time to throw….and don’t even start me on the defense….I’d think I’d rather have Rob Ryan as my nutritionist instead of running my defense….he’s been given the keys to an awesome engine and he’s smashed it right into the wall and hit the gas to maximize the damage….the only saving grace is that the Saints won their home game, and Tampa’s probably not good enough to pull off the epic upset two weeks in a row (though the offense has been better under Glennon, and the defense better with McCoy coming back)…this might be REALLY ugly…but this is such a MUST game for the Saints….and at home….I can’t pick against them here…..

Winner: Saints

Game Quality:  *

St. Louis at Phily:

This might be the perfect “get better” recipe for the Eagles after that dismal offensive output last week vs the 49ers …the Rams give up so many yards rushing you could get four yards a carry by merely walking through the holes….the QB situation for the Rams is brutal at best….the running game is horrid….and yeah they have that good D-Line but no one fears the damn thing anymore….man what the hell was Jeff Fisher thinking when he came to St Louis?? Was he repaying some unknown gambling debt? I really just can’t make a case for the Rams….its almost amazing how even ONE injury, yes even the QB as important as he is, has totally derailed this team and might have this team packing and going back to LA at this point….this is an easy one for the Eagles…..and this game will be as boring as that new awful tatooed zombie bartender at Sun Tavern is...

Winner:  Eagles

Game Quality:  DUD

Cleveland at Tennessee:

Charlie Whitehurst showed last week why he’s called “Clipboard Jesus”….because his altar is on the damn sideline and he should NEVER leave it…it looks like Jake Locker is back….but does that matter? This team sucked horribly with him….maybe the Titans should trade for Manzell…ha! Looks like Bishop Skankley (whatever his name is….Skankley sounds too funny to correct) should be getting the ball more often ….it seems odd to say this…but the Browns are the more organized team, going in the right direction and probably better at every position on the field….the biggest problem the Browns have is just the shock of being the BETTER team on the field ….hope they can live up to it :P

Winner: Browns

Game Quality:  **

4pm:

Arizona at Denver:

The Cardinals might be the best story in football that no one is talking about….maybe we should let Belicheck do his spygate shtick again….people seem to talk and talk more when we make video evidence of things….right?? The Cardinals won their last two games with DREW FREAKIN STANTON, no running game, a patch work defense and Larry Fitz looking like a WR on the way out….but they’re going to a rough place to play and compete in Denver, and Denver after a bye…all healthy and time to get all their pieces in play….if Arizona wins this they damn well should cancel the season, hand Arians the coach of the DECADE…screw the year….and just let us all move on with our lives….it will be a battle…but I have to believe Mr Regular Season does his thing again here…..

Winner:  Broncos

Game Quality: **

NY Jets at San Diego:

This one’s pretty simple, the league’s #1 passer and the league’s worst pass defense….that just has disaster written all over it….add in this Geno/Vick controversy nonsense….and really….Vick is just an older version of Geno who had better weapons around him in his youth…so this whole “change the QB” thing is just shuffling chairs on the Titanic nonsense anyway…this could get ugly fast….especially if SD scores early and the Jets do some punting….its pretty obvious Rex is being tossed under the bus by his GM and this could get ugly this year….but I have Rivers in three leagues….so I’m ok with this!!!

Winner: Chargers

Kansas City at San Francisco:

Ahhh, the Alex Smith Bowl!!! You’ll never admit it San Fran…but you miss this guy…...then again imagine the disaster of Andy Reid and Colin Kapernick in KC….man that would have been epic awesome-State Farm-sauce right?? It’s really easy to be high on the Chiefs after that Monday Night Curb Stomping…and down on the 49ers because of Black Tebow….but I just can’t do it yet….I do expect the Chiefs to put an extra strong effort into this one, with a lil motivation for their QB in the place that couldn’t get rid of him fast enough…but what the Chiefs do, still kinda matches up to the strengths of the NIners’ D, and I expect another big Frank Gore day this week to keep the need for Kapernick to stumble around and be all awkward back there to a minimum …..and soon enough people will start to forget how badly the Patriots looked on Monday Night….

Winner:  49ers

Game Quality:  ** ¾

8pm:

Cincinnati at New England:

Tom Brady is questionable for this game with a MASSIVE case of butthurt from last Monday’s thrashing from the Chiefs (which I’m still in disbelief about thank you….)….and apparently Bill Belichek is stick on repeat like he’s some kinda messed up record (stupid young people not even knowing what a record is *shakes fist in the air* )…..Revis hasn’t covered ANYONE at all this year, and AJ Green is gonna carve him up and serve him in some kinda weirdo Scott Tenorman Fruit Salad (always time for a South park reference)…..considering the Chiefs did just bludgeon this team in Prime Time…and everything KC does, the Bengals do better….this could get ugly this week….there will be no high-five’s for Brady on the sideline (and there are times I wonder about his diva attitude with his receivers and not working with them to make them better either)….maybe that time were “you stink” is coming Mr Brady…think about that…..this may be the changing of the guard game and the signature win the Bengals have been looking for over the last three season…..

Winner:  Bengals

Monday Sept 22:

Seattle at Washington:

Maybe the NFL should just skip this game and just re-air the South Park REDSKINS episode instead? It might be more competitive…..the REDSKINS couldn’t block the damn Giants….how the hell are they gonna block the Seattle rushers?? Poor Kirk Cousins….he finally gets his chance and this team can’t block a swarm of mosquitos….and Seattle had two weeks to get ready for this and probably watched the Thursday Night Game over some beers and popcorn having a hearty laugh about this….but at least this gives ESPN plenty of time to be the guilt-laden white boys and tell us how terrible the damn REDSKIN name is…..and my ice hockey game is late….dammit….terrible…..

Winner:  Seattle

Game Quality:  DUD

NFL Week 2 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. Bengals…maybe by default, but also maybe the most complete team in the AFC
  2. Denver….don’t worry they crush Arizona and the talking heads will demand they go  up
  3. San Diego…how underappreciated is Phillip Rivers?
  4. Baltimore….ice up bro…..
  5. Houston…*sigh*…why not??

NFC:

1. Seattle….a second bye week Monday Night….
  2. Detroit…playing amazingly solid football….what?!?!?!?
  3. Arizona…. Big test 4pm on Sunday….
  4. Phily….terrible O-Line play…panic time??
  5. Dallas….time to screw the whole thing up and admit they’re playing well :P

lol I almost hope the Thursday night games remain this bad, maybe poor games = low ratings and the NFL finally is forced to stop this nonsense.  Every week of the year is too much, it was bad enough when it was half the season.

this is three duds in a row.....the ONLY way these games work is if both teams get a bye the week before....this is watchable for fantasy purposes only.....

this is three duds in a row.....the ONLY way these games work is if both teams get a bye the week before....this is watchable for fantasy purposes only.....

That's too logical for the NFL :lol:  I'm shocked they're actually being smart and giving teams byes after the dopey London trips.

This Geno/Vick controversy nonsense.. really…. Vick is just an older version of Geno, who had better weapons around him in his youth. So this whole “change the QB” thing is just shuffling chairs on the Titanic nonsense anyway.

..they're losing these games by 1 possession or less, with Geno turning the ball over nearly twice a game. Meanwhile through the first 4½ games of the season last year with the Eagles (before he got hurt) Vick threw for 1,200 yrds.. 300+ rushing, and accounting for 7 touchdowns. Had he played the entire year, he was on pace for a season of: 30 TD's, 4,000 passing yrds, and 1,000 rushing.

The Jets don't need Vick to be 2007 Vick.. they just need someone marginally better than Geno. I think Vick can provide that.

Broncos cut Matt Prater today....wow :blink:

I'll have more on the Vick thing and why I don't think he's much better than Geno (innacuracy and turnovers)....I'm just not going stats crazy while I'm on the clock :lol:

On the clock for what, you got a fantasy hockey draft? :lol:

And yeah I was pretty surprised about Prater, I was preparing to scoop him up in my leagues before the end of the week :P  It's not like the other guy's had a Justin Tucker on MNF type game to take the job, but maybe they just didn't want Prater around anymore cause of his 'issues'.  That's a heck of a dead cap hit to take on a kicker though.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

there will be no high-five’s for Brady on the sideline (and there are times I wonder about his diva attitude with his receivers and not working with them to make them better either)….maybe that time were “you stink” is coming Mr Brady…think about that…..this may be the changing of the guard game and the signature win the Bengals have been looking for over the last three season…..

Winner:  Bengals

Speaking of Brady's receivers they waived Kenbrell Thompkins...remember when he was going to be the next big thing in camp last year?

And when you typed the bolded I had a flash of Brady becoming Martell from the Replacements movie lol.

Speaking of Brady's receivers they waived Kenbrell Thompkins...remember when he was going to be the next big thing in camp last year?

And when you typed the bolded I had a flash of Brady becoming Martell from the Replacements movie lol.

I was just coming here to say the same....the Roman Empire in New England is crumbling FAST me thinks.....this makes absolutely NO sense at all....

:lol:....I keep thinking of the "missed high five" meme of him last season actually

I'm curious if there was other stuff going on with Thompkins...because on the surface, this is a hard move to explain.

People will jump on this and enjoy NE's falling apart (still too early to tell if it truly is yet, though it ain't lookin' good), but the Pats were a perennial playoff participant and reached five Super Bowls.  I've been critical of BB for a while now (his defenses have been a joke, especially for a guy who's supposed to be defensive mastermind, and I think Brady made him look a lot better than he's really been over the last five seasons or so), and he'll have to live with Spygate, but the Pats' run of success wasn't going to go on forever...eventually it was going to end...even if the Pats recover this season, the Brady era is going to end soon.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/10/5/6912195/jed-york-tweet-jim-harbaugh-jay-glazer-report-49ers-head-coach

Doesn't mean squat. He's not the locker room. Every single player has come out and called deion and for their sh!t since this has all happened. It's all bs. Media making up sh!t like it always does

And like everyone else. Read way to much into it. Glazer stated it as his OPINION. Not a fact nor did he state he had sources as such. Just a insiders opinion.

Edited by CarterforPresident

I'll take Glazer's opinion over 90% of the "experts" facts....the dude's sources are top-tier

they're Dallas why are you shocked?? :P

I'm more amazed that the Saints are down ten AT HOME....TO TAMPA :blink:

They're bout to be 4-1 with the best RB in Murray and Romo playing amazing. That's why im shocked. And their D is playing good. I doubt they will lose six straight now!

I'll take Glazer's opinion over 90% of the "experts" facts....the dude's sources are top-tier

they're Dallas why are you shocked?? :P

I'm more amazed that the Saints are down ten AT HOME....TO TAMPA :blink:

Edited by CarterforPresident

Wins over: Tenn, St L, the Saints and possibly today.....not exactly beating murder's row....but you gotta beat who's in front of you.....I wanna see how they do IN Seattle next week before I say anything....

(then again they could frak this up right now too :P )