GDT: Devils @ Tampa Bay

MadDog2020

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man -- now I've done it...I'm obsessing about finding the proper objective.... you can't play to "score"... that is NOT your objective. WHAT is your objective?

See this is what I mean about how great Reggie Dunlop's character is -- the CLEANEST most URGENT objective - stay employed on the hockey bench! On it or behind it but NOT in an office. Very easy for an actor to screw the whole thing up by selecting something close but not the same.

SO this team still needs to see it's objective more clearly. Seriously -- as an actor all I can say is if you have the right objective (that is to say phrase it in the exact perfect way) you succeed - that simple. This organization is run the same way an actor acts. TADA! That is why I love it so much. That is Lou's bottom line... maybe it's the hockey bottom line? It's lifes bottom line actually.

talk about being in your head too much! I need a job in hockey so I stop thinking and have something to do :P

Edited by Pepperkorn

Don't sell Tampa short. They are a good team...

Lecavalier, St Louis, Tanguay, Stamkos, Malone, Ohlund, Hedman, Meszaros, and Mike Smith is a good goalie.

they're not going to be anywhere near the playoffs.... I feel comfortable saying that, even in the East, where it's pretty clear early there's going to be bad teams in the playoffs.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Marty's performance last night. The goals he let in were 1) Stamkos wide open in the slot through a screen, 2) Stamkos wide open in the slot AGAIN, this time closer to the net, 3) a ridiculous one-timer that practically went from half-boards to half-boards.

The first one looks bad because it was from fairly far out, but you can't stop what you can't see. If he was a Stay-Puft marshmallow man like that queen across the river, it probably hits his giant pads. But he doesn't, so it found a hole. Deal with it.

The second one is a sniper wide open in the slot. Again. They tend to bury those. If Marty makes the save, it's on SportsCenter's Top 10.

The third one was on everyone else on the ice not wearing No. 30. Hedman made our whole team look bad, blazing past everyone down the left side then passing through everyone else to a wide open Todd Steel-Plate Fedoruk. If Marty makes that save, it isn't just on SportsCenter's Top 10, it's the top play.

The guy stood on his head in the second period and kept it a close game. Tampa should have had five or six, easily, going into the third. Thank Marty and his 41 saves for giving Greene's baseball play in the waning seconds a chance to happen and actually mean something.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Marty's performance last night. The goals he let in were 1) Stamkos wide open in the slot through a screen, 2) Stamkos wide open in the slot AGAIN, this time closer to the net, 3) a ridiculous one-timer that practically went from half-boards to half-boards.

The first one looks bad because it was from fairly far out, but you can't stop what you can't see. If he was a Stay-Puft marshmallow man like that queen across the river, it probably hits his giant pads. But he doesn't, so it found a hole. Deal with it.

The second one is a sniper wide open in the slot. Again. They tend to bury those. If Marty makes the save, it's on SportsCenter's Top 10.

The third one was on everyone else on the ice not wearing No. 30. Hedman made our whole team look bad, blazing past everyone down the left side then passing through everyone else to a wide open Todd Steel-Plate Fedoruk. If Marty makes that save, it isn't just on SportsCenter's Top 10, it's the top play.

The guy stood on his head in the second period and kept it a close game. Tampa should have had five or six, easily, going into the third. Thank Marty and his 41 saves for giving Greene's baseball play in the waning seconds a chance to happen and actually mean something.

And dont forget the 1st period poke check against Malone who was ALL over Marty all night.

Yeah but see - we expect him to kick it out like he almost did! :giggle: when his legs went flying up I thought No you dope you're too late now! WTF kind of unreal expectation is that? :lol: How lucky are we? He's set a really high expectation - my second thought was that I actually love that my first thought was that he should have gotten it... I just thought how every game we see INSANE-- I mean just insane saves from the man.

That's why I too get grumpy when people honestly think he should be traded because he may have lost a step. losing a step for him... it's like -- I can't even say he enters Luongo or Turco territory because he's STILL above them... :yea: we are SOOO lucky.