Bobby Butler called up

thelastonealive

theahl.com had it up too, which is I guess how it broke. The Devils need goalscoring. They have to at least try the guy who was Albany's leading goalscorer, with all the chances they gave Tedenby and other non-solutions.

This. I mean sh!t, we signed the guy as a reclamation project and he made the AHL All-Star team. I think he's proven he deserves at least a shot or else why did we get him. He can't possibly make us worse than we looked in Pittsburgh today.

So is Lou just gonna exhaust every piece of mediocrity in the organization before he makes a move? I mean don't get me wrong, I understand its not that easy, and I have the utmost trust in Lou. I'm just starting to lose some patience. It's not like we didn't know there was a depth and goal scoring problem on this roster since July.

And its not like we don't have 87 defensemen to deal to a team that could use a defenseman. There has to be something that can be done regarding an ACTUAL upgrade out there.

I went to an Albany game down in AC and Butler did not stand out at all.. Little Whitney made a bigger impact.. Small sample size but still, was not impressed but we need something

Butler's skill set is not that of a player that stands out. He has many more goals than assists in his pro career, he's not that fast, and he's not going to throw big hits. He's a triggerman - if people get him the puck in scoring areas, he'll score. If they don't, he won't make much of an impression.

I don't know how they will use him but sticking with the CBGB line is costing NJ dearly, it's about time they consider breaking it up.

So is Lou just gonna exhaust every piece of mediocrity in the organization before he makes a move? I mean don't get me wrong, I understand its not that easy, and I have the utmost trust in Lou. I'm just starting to lose some patience. It's not like we didn't know there was a depth and goal scoring problem on this roster since July.

And its not like we don't have 87 defensemen to deal to a team that could use a defenseman. There has to be something that can be done regarding an ACTUAL upgrade out there.

For better or worse, the organization seems determined to use the first ten games as an extended preseason. And the 3-0-3 start enabled them to keep that luxury. But we hit the ten-game mark on Thursday and are in the midst of eight division games out of ten. Something needs to happen soon.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Put Butler with Elias and Zajac. Put Zubrus and Clarkson on the third line so we can actually roll three decent lines.

Something like this...

Josefson Henrique Kovalchuk

Elias Zajac Butler

Zubrus Carter/Gionta Clarkson

Barch Carter/Gionta Bernier

I mean why not? We obviously need to spread out some of our key players because we have no depth at the moment.

Edited by Zubie#8

For better or worse, the organization seems determined to use the first ten games as an extended preseason. And the 3-0-3 start enabled them to keep that luxury. But we hit the ten-game mark on Thursday and are in the midst of eight division games out of ten. Something needs to happen soon.

Yeah it looks that way Has. But I don't think we need 10 games to know the deal. If Lou has a deal lined up that he's ready to pull the trigger on and he's not because it hasn't been 10 games yet, then he's just prolonging the obvious and I don't think Lou is down with prolonging the obvious. It's stupid. When time's on your side you use it as we know Lou loves to say, but time is short in a 48 game season. I would have to think he doesn't have a deal he likes yet. I hope he finds one in the next few days.

Yeah it looks that way Has. But I don't think we need 10 games to know the deal. If Lou has a deal lined up that he's ready to pull the trigger on and he's not because it hasn't been 10 games yet, then he's just prolonging the obvious and I don't think Lou is down with prolonging the obvious. It's stupid. When time's on your side you use it as we know Lou loves to say, but time is short in a 48 game season. I would have to think he doesn't have a deal he likes yet. I hope he finds one in the next few days.

At this point I'm starting to think he won't deal one of the d-men at all, or at least not until closer to the deadline (as much as most of us including me would hate that). Lou's paranoid about having '8 NHL D' and I'm sure looks at a short season as one where he needs to stockpile them for the compressed schedule in case injuries hit. If he is going to improve the forward corps it's going to be by dealing one of the prospect D and/or draft picks, I think.

At this point I'm starting to think he won't deal one of the d-men at all, or at least not until closer to the deadline (as much as most of us including me would hate that). Lou's paranoid about having '8 NHL D' and I'm sure looks at a short season as one where he needs to stockpile them for the compressed schedule in case injuries hit. If he is going to improve the forward corps it's going to be by dealing one of the prospect D and/or draft picks, I think.

. I don't care how he does it, he just needs to do it. We can't go on like this much longer and win with consistency.

I see him playing with Kovy (LW) because Kovy can cut in the middle of the offensive zone and give him these deadly passes and he got some nice hands too so he would probably be able to score a couple this way.

However, this team is going to need more than Bobby Butler or anything we got withing the organisation right now. Truth is we need a top 6 forward and unless Buttler surprises us with amazing performances, he will not be enough.