LockMonsters fans welcome

Arctic NRG

Now that the Devils are going to be affiliated with the Lowell LockMonsters starting next season, I'd like to welcome them to these boards.

Greetings!

:cheers:

A fellow AHL fan!!!

Welcome... :clap:

Now, onto important matters about our soon to be AHL affiliate.

Do they have any Lockettes? I was just getting to know the Ice Mice. Whatta shame. But some Lockettes would be cool! I didn't see anything on their hompage.

Side note. I hope they drop the Avs and Her ick canes. It bugs me to cheer for someone who might wind up on one of those teams. :puke:

Hey any chance they'll change the Lock Monsters name once the Devils take over? My suggestion would be the Lowell Little Devils, makes them sound like cuddly and sweet little rascals! :D

I think they're keeping the name, "LockMonsters."

Bah, a missed opportunity.

(I am just jealous, still stuck with the River Rats, the name just makes them sound like the lowest of the low, which they have been striving for, oh, about 6 years to maintain.)

Edited by ThreeStars

Isn't there a canal that goes through Lowell?

No idea, I was presuming there was, otherwise it is a really stupid name, and how did they ever come up with it? Have to find a map or summat now.

EDIT: Well, their tourism website says there are canal boat tours, so I am guessing they have canals (though they look very river-y, i.e., not very straight, to me).

QUOTE: "This planned urban community is built around the Merrimack River and its diverse canal system, which provided power to the early manufacturers."

Jebus, do I really have nothing better to do with my day, I really should do some work.

Edited by ThreeStars