GDT: 4/24/12, Game 6 Quarterfinals Fla @ NJ

Derlique

I happily and regretfully eat all my negative words tonight folks. :cheers:

But still, they got lucky, they have to play with that urgency through periods 2 and 3 in Game 7.

Were we watching the same game? They didn't get lucky. They dominated that game. If anything, the puck bouncing in off of Poni on the first goal, and the complete blown call on the Kovy trip that directly led to the 2nd is more unlucky than anything else. They controlled the play all night long. They DESERVED that win.

Reading this thread made me laugh.

• Like 2

Were we watching the same game? They didn't get lucky. They dominated that game. If anything, the puck bouncing in off of Poni on the first goal, and the complete blown call on the Kovy trip that directly led to the 2nd is more unlucky than anything else. They controlled the play all night long. They DESERVED that win.

Reading this thread made me laugh.

+1

BTW...the crowd was f-ing awesome last night. And we need to have the drum line at every home game from now on. Great atmosphere.

The drum line was there? I remember reading a press release before the season began that they'd be at a handful of games throughout the season, but I never saw them or heard anything else about them after that.

The drum line was there? I remember reading a press release before the season began that they'd be at a handful of games throughout the season, but I never saw them or heard anything else about them after that.

Devils marketing not delivering on past promises!!?? Stop the presses!!

I still can't get over how weird that game was last night. The Devils dominated in shots, yet they looked shaky too. ... No wonder there are so many differing opinions about it in this thread.

Another thing to wonder about: What the hell was the Panthers game plan last night -- just sit back the entire game and wait for the Devils to make mistakes? If so, it almost worked, I guess. Give credit to the Devs for not allowing many shots, but it sure didn't seem like Florida was trying very hard to bring the puck up ice either. ... I'm confused as to what really went on in that game.

Along with everyone else, I'm thrilled we got the win. I never lost faith. I just hope PDB and the whole team realize Florida might play a little more uptempo on Thursday.

Oh and Bernier is awesome!

If there was ever a match-up that said "SWEEP" before it started it was the Panthers vs the Devils. Even a 4-1 win or worst case scenario 4-2 Devils win would have been something concievable, but yet here we are in game seven. Despite the win in game six, this Devils team has not shown the heart to want to win. The Devils looked like they expected to win versus "wanted" to win the majority of the games versus the Panthers and even if they advance to the 2nd round, I fail to see the heart of a team that can win past the 1st round. There is no blame on one player, but the team itself. I just don't see the desire.

I cant explain how happy i was last night. im sure everyone here was. There is nothing like an overtime goal on the brink of elimination. Zajac has been a horse for us. and so has that fourth line, its incredible

We have got to have the same game plan for tomorrow: put shots on net, and dont let Florida shoot. We have GOT to stop making so many mistakes (Harrold especially).

Nice job last night boys, what a fun and exciting game!

LGD!!!!

I still can't get over how weird that game was last night. The Devils dominated in shots, yet they looked shaky too. ... No wonder there are so many differing opinions about it in this thread.

Good post. The game was just plain nutty. It was hard to believe the Devils were dominating territorially when the team was playing very jumpy after the Panthers came back to tie it.

I was hanging on every puck that went Brodeur's way. He made some key saves, like another poster pointed out, but it seemed like everything Brodeur was involved in was going to be an adventure. It made the usual tenseness of playoff hockey especially tense.

I'm glad we're not playing tonight. I need a break.:D

Edited by Jerrydevil

I cant believe the negativity on here sometimes. I got back from the game, and expected this place to be celebrating instead half the people here were complaining. They played a great game and won in overtime with our top line coming through. Yes the pp was bad, but after watching them the whole season that shud be expected. The only thing lucky was that the team bailed brodeur out. He looked shaky, but he usually rebounds from bad performances so im hoping that happens in game 7. If they can duplicate last nights performance with a confident brodeur in net, we will win

I cant believe the negativity on here sometimes. I got back from the game, and expected this place to be celebrating instead half the people here were complaining. They played a great game and won in overtime with our top line coming through. Yes the pp was bad, but after watching them the whole season that shud be expected. The only thing lucky was that the team bailed brodeur out. He looked shaky, but he usually rebounds from bad performances so im hoping that happens in game 7. If they can duplicate last nights performance with a confident brodeur in net, we will win

I guess some people like to play coach and refuse to be completely happy with a win, no matter how it happened :unsure:

I never lost faith but there were times in the 3rd i had the game on, but couldn't watch too close. Just didn't want to turn around and see a bad bounce go in on us... could always feel that coming, good thing it didn't.

Edited by Legion15

The Panthers style last night was very simple.. Rush up the side of the ice with 2 other forwards also rushing up (one in the center of the ice an the other near the far boards.. Pick carrier looks for pass.. If no pass, keep formation into the zone and throw puck to top of crease or on goal.. Results in fewer shots and time in our zone, but generates good chances

We try to actually setup an offense, so we wind up with more shots and more time in their end, but we don't get the chaos of the rush or the chaos of the goalie sliding over to try and make a save.. Just a different style imo

Good post. The game was just plain nutty. It was hard to believe the Devils were dominating territorially when the team was playing very jumpy after the Panthers came back to tie it.

I was hanging on every puck that went Brodeur's way. He made some key saves, like another poster pointed out, but it seemed like everything Brodeur was involved in was going to be an adventure. It made the usual tenseness of playoff hockey especially tense.

I'm glad we're not playing tonight. I need a break.:D

It seems like a lot of people here have said that Marty played shaky. I just thought he was trying so hard not to give up any goals that he was overplaying the puck at times. Other than that, I thought he was on top of things.

The Panthers style last night was very simple.. Rush up the side of the ice with 2 other forwards also rushing up (one in the center of the ice an the other near the far boards.. Pick carrier looks for pass.. If no pass, keep formation into the zone and throw puck to top of crease or on goal.. Results in fewer shots and time in our zone, but generates good chances

We try to actually setup an offense, so we wind up with more shots and more time in their end, but we don't get the chaos of the rush or the chaos of the goalie sliding over to try and make a save.. Just a different style imo

Thanks for breaking down the Panthers strategy. Watching on TV last night, I was so focused on the Devils that I couldn't really figure out what the Panthers were doing. Chico commented that Florida was playing relaxed and "cool" because the pressure was more on the Devils.

Thanks for breaking down the Panthers strategy. Watching on TV last night, I was so focused on the Devils that I couldn't really figure out what the Panthers were doing. Chico commented that Florida was playing relaxed and "cool" because the pressure was more on the Devils.

Yea, they definitely were. They seemed to be playing for OT in the 3rd. They had like maybe 2 scoring chances total in that period, but they were scary for sure. I think it was Goc that almost pulled it off but Marty made that odd out of net save.