GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

Regardless, your posts read like you are expecting the 00 Cup Team.

This tema is what it is, a "B" team, same as its been for 5 years or so.

Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to hang tough with the big boys.

If there was ever a time to target a defensman now it is.

Did anybody miss Tedenby tonight?

Nope, didn't miss tedenby at all.

Regardless, your posts read like you are expecting the 00 Cup Team.

This tema is what it is, a "B" team, same as its been for 5 years or so.

Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to hang tough with the big boys.

If there was ever a time to target a defensman now it is.

Did anybody miss Tedenby tonight?

Yea. I'm aware of what kinda of team they are. It just sucks because whenever they lose a game like this I feel like it's a big set back...especially when you see what the rest of our conference did tonight. Could have taken advantage of a few things tonight.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

First goal you can't blame Marty. He couldn't even see it. Second goal was on the PK, and if you blame him there too you're pretty lame. Third goal he did let up a rebound, but the play was so frantic can you blame him? Where was the defense in front of the net? People here are dumb. We only scored ONE goal against the best team in the league. That's never going to cut it.

Rich Chere just said it best:

"There can be no doubt that the Boston Bruins have an extra gear which the [rest of the league] are unable to match."

*SMDH*

Forgot the link: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2012/01/devils_fall_to_boston_bruins_3.html

Edited by ohms law

First goal you can't blame Marty. He couldn't even see it. Second goal was on the PK, and if you blame him there too you're pretty lame. Third goal he did let up a rebound, but the play was so frantic can you blame him? Where was the defense in front of the net? People here are dumb. We only scored ONE goal against the best team in the league. That's never going to cut it.

Not in today's NHL. And you definitely can't allow those kinds of chances for the Bruins of all teams...they will capitalize.

Agreed. It'll only take one top defenseman, too. Our current defensive corp is good, and the entire league is relatively (compared to the late 90's, early 00's) defensively poor, so one real #1 defenseman would make a huge difference.

I wouldn't compare the Rangers to the Bruins. The Rangers are in the same pack as the rest of the teams. I think it's obvious how similar they are to recent Devils teams, who focused on minimizing mistakes and capitalizing on opportunities. They are a solid team, but very beatable.

I think the Devils need another physical defenseman who can chip in offensivelly, plus a 4th line which can contribute. I hate ference on the Bruins, but that guy would make this team better.

I liked Mills, Jansen and zalewski today. It would be great if they could play like that all the time, except add a few pts here and there.

Edited by The Facepainter

I wouldn't compare the Rangers to the Bruins. The Rangers are in the same pack as the rest of the teams. I think it's obvious how similar they are to recent Devils teams, who focused on minimizing mistakes and capitalizing on opportunities. They are a solid team, but very beatable.

I think the Devils need another physical defenseman who can chip in offensivelly, plus a 4th line which can contribute. I hate ference on the Bruins, but that guy would make this team better.

I liked Mills, Jansen and zalewski today. It would be great if they could play like that all the time, except add a few pts here and there.

Agreed...that was possibly Janssen's best game, if he can bring that every night I have no issue with him being in the lineup. It'd be nice to get some contributions from our 4th line, obviously not every night but once in a while...goals from those guys can change games.