471 replies to this topic

#321 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:40 PM

I had a beer at Edison Ale House but did not eat anything. I have to say the pizza there looks amazing.

#322 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Someone posted something on the Jimmy Buff's Facebook page about them not being at The Rock anymore, and this was the response:

We r back in negotiations with the Devils. Hope to see u there soon.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#323 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

Someone posted something on the Jimmy Buff's Facebook page about them not being at The Rock anymore, and this was the response:

Yeah about that. They were there during the preseason games.

#324 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

Yeah about that. They were there during the preseason games.

I heard that it wasn't them and it was just the team selling similar style food but who knows.. If they come back I'll grab a sausage and pepper before a game sometime soon

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#325 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Kinda want to keep it to myself, but the food @ the Goal Bar has changed and is much more upscale. Got to try the East Carolina Pulled Pork, w/ Fries (not Nathans, but upscale). Also, my bro in law got Garlic Fries, which were off the hook. My wife got the chicken fingers w/ a thai chilli dipping sauce and thsoe fries again and they were really good. Plus, the prices were similar to concourse pricing. Also saw a chicken BLT sandwich that looked good. Food made to order, not just sitting there in a tray. Oh yeah -- build your own footlong too, w/ hoices of chilli, cheese, onions, mustard, kraut etc.

That's pretty awesome.. Hopefully they advertise it, because I think the Goal Bar is a pretty cool feature of the Rock that people either don't know about or just know it's expensive and the food is standard.. I mean, it's like a club lounge that everyone can go to.. Kinda wish they made it a STH only club (for every STH) but of course I'm completely biased :P

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#326 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

I still like Down Neck for food before the game if I have time. Iberia, Casa Basca, etc. I definitely owe Quade for his reviews when glocally still existed. Bello's is great for quicker, cheap food as well, and it's right next to Penn Station, if on the wrong side. Beer's a little more expensive, but good selection, and if I'm paying under 10 for dinner I'm willing to drop more on 1 drink.

Edited by mouse, 06 October 2011 - 09:35 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#327 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

Absolutely crushed to learn that Hobby's is no longer operating a stand inside the arena this year. Not sure what my wife is going to eat when we go now. Their pastrami was one of the things that got us thru the abysmal first half of the season last year, and their red velvet cupcakes were maybe the best single food item in the joint. Gloom, despair, agony....

#328 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

Idk I always felt that hobbys is a very average deli. There are def better ones in nj and nyc.

#329 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Idk I always felt that hobbys is a very average deli. There are def better ones in nj and nyc.

No doubt, but there isn't a better one inside The Rock.

#330 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

No doubt, but there isn't a better one inside The Rock.

Lol there isn't any others in the rock period.

#331 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

Lol there isn't any others in the rock period.

Bingo.

#332 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,483 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

The arena is still serving deli sandwiches at that section. It isn't under the Hobbys brand but it could still be ok. I didn't eat anything last game so can't speak for any of the non-brand substitutes.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#333 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:20 PM

The arena is still serving deli sandwiches at that section. It isn't under the Hobbys brand but it could still be ok. I didn't eat anything last game so can't speak for any of the non-brand substitutes.

Looked like they did the same with Jimmy Buff's. Similar-looking product, but it was definitely different. The potatoes looked all wrong. As soon as I saw that, I stepped out of line and got something else.
Posted Image

#334 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Anyone know what place this guy is talking about in his Newark blurb?

http://sportsillustr...l?sct=nhl_wr_a2
Posted Image

#335 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

On Saturday during 'Canes-Devils my wife had a sandwich from whatever deli replaced Hobby's and said it sucked. At least with Hobbys, even though it was expensive, you knew you were getting good food. Time to try something else ...

#336 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Is it the place on Broad Street, Lafayette side? I've never eaten there, it doesn't have a good appearance, but it smelled nice.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#337 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

New Jersey (Newark) -- There's a pizza place right across the street from the Prudential Center that produced one of the greatest slices I've ever had in my heavy pie-eating life. Can't remember the name, but I snapped this picture of the second slice I ordered to forever remember it.

Yes, I'm curious to know what place that is too.

New York (Rangers) -- I never knew until last year that Madison Square Garden sits on top of Penn Station, a massive rail hub. (Really, I didn't.) I find that fact to be unbelievably cool and fascinating. That's how little I'd been to NYC over the years. Somebody definitely took one look at me and said "Hayseed" during my last visit. Anyway, I understand that Manhattan is a pretty sleepy place, but Penn Station comes in handy for grabbing a train out to Long Island after they roll up the sidewalks in the city as soon as the Rangers game ends.

So according to this guy, the coolest thing to do or see in NYC when going to a Rangers game is boarding a train in Penn Station and getting the F outta town!

Damn, that's cold!!!

:rofl:

Edited by 95Crash, 11 October 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#338 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

I have to imagine anyone from any of the cities listed had tons of places they thought to suggest...almost makes me think there should be a blog about it...oh wait...
Seriously though, where the heck did the pizza come from?

#339 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

I have to imagine anyone from any of the cities listed had tons of places they thought to suggest...almost makes me think there should be a blog about it...oh wait...
Seriously though, where the heck did the pizza come from?

Its on the northwest corner of Lafayette and Broad. I believe its called Mike's Coffee Shop? The slices are the biggest you'll ever see and its dirt cheap too.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#340 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,483 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

Its on the northwest corner of Lafayette and Broad. I believe its called Mike's Coffee Shop? The slices are the biggest you'll ever see and its dirt cheap too.

Mikes is a great value. It's not the best slice I've ever had but it's definitely good and it is pretty cheap. Usually a few Devils fans there before the game.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users