GDT: SENS AT DEVS - 7PM Blizzard's Coming! MSG+

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight bro. This is the most balanced team we've had since '01 bar none. We're rolling 4 lines and we have great depth.

not that there are that many of them to begin with, but this team still does not have that stud defensman that it seems like cup champs normally do. while the '01 team had 4 forward lines exactly how you'd want to build them, they also had 2 of the top 5 d-men in the league in stevens and neidermayer and another top 10 guy in rafalski. martin and oduya are good players and salvador has been a very good find. but this is more of a carolina '05 defense than any of the wings/ducks type cores.

not that there are that many of them to begin with, but this team still does not have that stud defensman that it seems like cup champs normally do. while the '01 team had 4 forward lines exactly how you'd want to build them, they also had 2 of the top 5 d-men in the league in stevens and neidermayer and another top 10 guy in rafalski. martin and oduya are good players and salvador has been a very good find. but this is more of a carolina '05 defense than any of the wings/ducks type cores.

Very true, but this group has done a nice job so far. The names might not pop out to you on paper, but the whole has been greater than the sum of it's parts.

It's so creepy how Stan is leaning into Oduya and staring at him during this interview. WTF?!?

it's funny you mention that because i was watching the post game with my wife(who has zero interest in hockey) and she said to me how creepy that old guy was and she wondered if it was possible for him to lean in any closer to that devils guy. she also said after he asked his question he had this creepy stare going on.

really glad with the way the team played tonight. i know OTT is struggling but this is exactly how the devils should handle a struggling team. i'm pretty excited about the next four games to get an idea of where this team stands.

I got to the box office, handed in my two vouchers and got 2 tickets for section 10 row 5 :blink: -was expecting to be somewhere in the mezz. The powerplay looked great tonight, Elias' first pp goal was a big win and gave us good momentum going into the third. Attendance was pretty good today, better than I expected and the crowd was pretty loud. Great win for the Devils, that Devils/Flyers game can put us into 4th place if we can pick up a big win. Anyone else notice how small ref #11 looked compared to ref #88 :rofl:

*9 games Ive gone to at the Rock: Elias- 7 goals, 6 assists

Also saw Stan Fischler at the game, he was around 10 foot away from me and I could see him smile when the Devils scored their third goal.

Edited by welcometotherock

I got to the box office, handed in my two vouchers and got 2 tickets for section 10 row 5 :blink: -was expecting to be somewhere in the mezz. The powerplay looked great tonight, Elias' first pp goal was a big win and gave us good momentum going into the third. Attendance was pretty good today, better than I expected and the crowd was pretty loud. Great win for the Devils, that Devils/Flyers game can put us into 4th place if we can pick up a big win. Anyone else notice how small ref #11 looked compared to ref #88 :rofl:

Vouchers?

That was a good solid game from the Devils tonight. :koolaid: Glad to see Greene back and help set up the second goal for the Devils. The PP went 3 for 4 and the PK was good tonight too. just that SHG ruined it for the special teams and from Clemmensen getting the shutout. He was soild in goal tonight making some big saves when the Devils needed it only up 2-1 at the time. Good games tonight by Elias, Zajac, Parise and Gionta. Holik was a beast out on the ice again tonight and Ottawa had no answer for him. It is always nice to see the Devils beat up on Ottawa and I felt like a 4-1 game tonight by the Devils, but 5-1 is a lot better. :P

Keep it going Devils and a big game on Sunday afternoon vs. the Flyers. It should be some good crowd to on Sunday for the 1:00 PM matenee'. The crowd tonight was not all that bad with how bad the snow came down in the area. newark did not get as much as Morris, Sussex and Warren counties. The highways were a mess on the way to the game. RT. 21 I thought they did a good job as it was the cleanest highway out of RT. 80, 46 and 3. Glad to see as many Devils fans to come out and see a great game by the Devils. Hopefully Sunday it will be even better.

GO Devils!!!!

Awesome win!!

I missed it, where is Madden?

Madden was scratched tonight as he has been sufferring from a sore back and back spasms I read some where don't remember. It may have been in one of TG's articles. Brookbank took his place in the line up and hopefully we will have Madden back for Sunday. Brookbank is just terrible.

Martin-Oduya is not a bad paring at all. Just not sure. Better to keep them on seperate lines for now.

I hope now Sutter sees now the 5-forwards on the PP was no good. Having Oduya, Martin and Green on the PPG QB was huge tonight for the DEvils PP. Oduya with the PPG and martin with 2 assists along wih Greene moving the puck on the PP. Oduya and Martin were big tonight on the offense and the defense.

Madden was scratched tonight as he has been sufferring from a sore back and back spasms I read some where don't remember. It may have been in one of TG's articles. Brookbank took his place in the line up and hopefully we will have Madden back for Sunday. Brookbank is just terrible.

Ahh ic. thanks.

Ahh ic. thanks.

You welcome.

thats putting it lightly. he honestly might be the worst guy to put on the devils sweater since i started rooting for them.

Yeah it is. He sucks. I don't know what position he is more worse at? Defenseman or forward? I would think both, but more at the forward position. He is bad and tonight was just horrific.

Yeah it was TG's article I saw about Madden today that he was not going to play. It was his back as it tightened up on himand has been bothering him as of late. Madden says he is fine, so tonight may have been a rest game for him as they do face the Flyers on Sunday and the Devils will need him for that game.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Looks like Madden won't play

Although Devils center John Madden said this morning that his back was fine, it appears he won't play in tonight's game against the Ottawa Senators.

Sheldon Brookbank was here early today to get ready for the game and as of 5:15 p.m. Madden had not arrived and there was no jersey hanging in his locker stall.

Madden's back tightened up on him during Wednesday's game in Buffalo and he missed the end of the first period while receiving treatment in the locker room. Still, he said this morning that his back was feeling "fine."

Yeah it was TG's article I saw about Madden today that he was not going to play. It was his back as it tightened up on himand has been bothering him as of late. Madden says he is fine, so tonight may have been a rest game for him as they do face the Flyers on Sunday and the Devils will need him for that game.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Actually according to TG's post-game blog, Mad Dog was sick today and that's whay he didn't play tonight.

Does anyone else think that they should reunite Martin and Oduya for good?

um.. no

it's a waste of our two most mobile guys when you can spread them out and make 2 pairs mobile instead

Martin and Salvador have been just fine and White is playing his best hockey in EONS with Oduya

why break what's been fixed???