337 replies to this topic

#21 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

how the hell did bradley get a red card for that?

well you should never go like that on ball...

Anyway, I will join the bandwagon happening in Brazil. I will root against Brazil :dance: :dance:

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#22 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

Man I'm glad I got to watch that game, no way I'm missing the game on Sunday now.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#23 GermanDevil

GermanDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Congrats to team USA. A very impressive performance, which I, like many others, did not expect. They were blocking shots like a hockey penalty killing unit :)
That red card for Bradley was a complete joke. I feel bad for the guy missing the final because of this stupid call.

#24 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#25 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

Did Spain actually play their A team? I know sometimes in these exhibition tournaments national teams play with a lot of substitues.

#26 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

USA's defense played extremely well. Looking forward to Sunday's game.

#27 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

Did Spain actually play their A team? I know sometimes in these exhibition tournaments national teams play with a lot of substitues.

I don't follow the sport enough to know, but Spain totally dominated the US scoring chance-wise. Spain looked like an amazing team out there.

Edited by The Facepainter, 24 June 2009 - 04:12 PM.

#28 GermanDevil

GermanDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

Spain definitly played their best team. It was almost the same team that beat Germany in the european championship final one year ago:(. Spain dominated the most parts of game because team USA played a very defensive style especially in the second half. But their strikers Villa and Torres weren't a huge factor in the game because of the awesome performance by the US-defenders Onyewu and DeMerit (I've never heard of that guy before).

#29 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

that 2nd goal was huge too (well, duh lol).. but it was looking like Spain would definitely find a way to tie it the way they were playing in that 2nd half, US were playing on their toes defensively that whole 2nd half until they registered their 2nd SOG which happened to go in :lol:.. but yeah once US got that 2nd goal it pretty much closed the book on Spain.

And that definitely had to be spain's top team.. Villa, Torres, Casillas, Puyol
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#30 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

Way to go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#31 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

i can't believe the USA won, but wow GO USA.. was that like beating Russia in the hockey Olympics?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

i can't believe the USA won, but wow GO USA.. was that like beating Russia in the hockey Olympics?

Eh I wouldn't go that far since the Olympics is a bigger stage than the Confederations Cup. Also I think the Soviets were a more dominant hockey team than Spain's current soccer team. It's also worth noting that both the US and Spain have pro players while in 1980 USA's hockey team was college kids going up against Soviet pro players. It's also not the same since we're not in a Cold War with Spain so this game probably doesn't have much relevance outside of the sports world.

But still it's awesome.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#33 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

This has been a good tournament so far, didnt expect the USA to win yesterday but the worked harder than Spain , and Villa and Torres were wastefull.

I think the dream match for the Final was Spain V's Brazil, so im pretty dissapointed that ones not going to be played. Spain really missed Inesta in midfield to control the game.

When Italy went down 3-0 to Brazil i knew the USA would pull it off, Egypt gave it their all against italy and brazil and had nothing left, and the USA were finding their stride after a slow start. Clint Dempsey is a fantastic player as is Donovan.

Dont think it matters which keeper you go with, Howard didn't stand a chance against Brazil but he is a top quality keeper, i think he is better than Guzan by a long way (both are far inferior to Brad Friedle but thats obviously not an issue)

I cant see anyone beating Brazil the way they have played so far in this tournament has been nothing short of staggering, Maicon Kaka , Robinho and Luis Fabiano have been outstanding up front the movement of the entire team should be to much for South Africa and the USA

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#34 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Total team effort. What a run their on.

#35 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

USA, USA, USA

+1

#36 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:57 PM

USA, USA, USA

+1 No way I'm missing the Final after that crazy game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,170 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

im glad brazil won, i rather the US beat ANOTHER high ranked team and make a nice statement going into the World Cup next summer.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#38 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

Somehow I don't think Brazil will take us as lightly as Spain apparently did. But I hope we can do better than the 0-3 we posted on them in the preliminary rounds.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#39 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Going to be very tough playing down a man after that bad call. They did tie Italy 0-0 in the WC a few years ago down a man.

#40 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

Going to be very tough playing down a man after that bad call. They did tie Italy 0-0 in the WC a few years ago down a man.

Well we aren't going to be playing a man down, Bradley just can't play in the game but someone will replace him in the starting lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users