The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Anyone watching this game?

This game is close and this series is close...

We could easily face the Caps the way things are going here.

Assuming the Rags are coming to town is ill-informed if you ask me

Agreed, Rangers played real poorly tonight. But hey, they're a #1 seed, so they have to be the better team. Right?

LOL Torts so pissed he took 2 questions in the post-game, then said "Stop coaching" to the press, refused to comment on individual players, said their power play "sucked" and stormed off. And people say he isn't a douche...

I mean i know you don't WANT to answer those questions after a loss like that but still, show some professionalism and restraint and suffer through it.

Edited by Legion15

They got the thumbs up from the NHL officials, and it was an obvious goal, very lucky of course.

Toronto only has power to rule if the pucks in the net or how it got there (kick, high stick, hand, etc.). Only the ref has the power to waive off for interference or goalie contact. It was a terrible call but it was McCauleys only. Not Torontos.

LOL Torts so pissed he took 2 questions in the post-game, then said "Stop coaching" to the press, refused to comment on individual players, said their power play "sucked" and stormed off. And people say he isn't a douche...

I mean i know you don't WANT to answer those questions after a loss like that but still, show some professionalism and restraint and suffer through it.

I love it when they go back to the panel with Milbury and Jones after they show Torts postgame, and they're all laughing.:lol:

Toronto only has power to rule if the pucks in the net or how it got there (kick, high stick, hand, etc.). Only the ref has the power to waive off for interference or goalie contact. It was a terrible call but it was McCauleys only. Not Torontos.

Got the thumbs up for no review, it was that obvious. Toronto isn't that stupid to not review every close goal.

There is a review before the actual review in a way, they have guys watching so many angles right when it happened. It was obvious that there shouldn't be a review.

Edited by Zubie#8

"Torts, thoughts on your presser?"

"- It sucked."

As annoying as the press can be, Tortorella comes off like such a sore loser at times, and so frigging arrogant. Wow Torts, you won one damned Cup with a stacked team...I guess that makes you God's gift to coaching, and as such, no one is worthy of catching a glimpse into the mind of the hockey genius that is you. Is it too much to answer a friggin' question without being a complete dick about it once in a while?

Wow, New York, again, in a game 7. You would of thought they had already won this series, beaten the Devils, and were gearing up to take on the western winner by the way Ranger fans are talking. The last couple of days a lot of them have been talking like the Capitals were already beaten. Typical of Ranger fans.

As annoying as the press can be, Tortorella comes off like such a sore loser at times, and so frigging arrogant. Wow Torts, you won one damned Cup with a stacked team...I guess that makes you God's gift to coaching, and as such, no one is worthy of catching a glimpse into the mind of the hockey genius that is you. Is it too much to answer a friggin' question without being a complete dick about it once in a while?

I couldn't tell if they stopped the presser because the media gave up or because someone else ordered it when he started to get really quarrelsome.

I think Rangers are done. Thinking about watching them last night, the post game interviews and quotes - I think this team is out of gas. I fully expect the Caps to win game 7, and I have a feeling it could be decisive.

As much as I've admired their grit all year it wouldn't shock me if you were correct and they got dominated in terms of play (though it would shock me if Lundqvist gave up a handful)...you can only go so long playing every game like it's Game 7. To a degree, the 2003 Devils did that but they also were loaded with vets who were used to playing a hundred games a year and had a couple of relatively easy series to start the playoffs. This is by far the longest most of those players on the Rangers have gone, other than Richards and Gaborik 'once', and they've played all these playoff games after going balls to the wall to overachieve and get the #1 seed.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think Rangers are done. Thinking about watching them last night, the post game interviews and quotes - I think this team is out of gas. I fully expect the Caps to win game 7, and I have a feeling it could be decisive.

I bet you the team that scores the most goals will win.

Bryzgalov gets rather candid (translated from Russian so some Russian word connotation may have been lost)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/chatting-ilya-bryzgalov-1-philadelphia-flyers-people-only-210103643.html

Q. How to live under such pressure?

A. "I don't even know. I got very tired this season, to be honest…"

Q. What doesn't kill you make you stronger — is this about you?

A. "Yes. Now I know what it's like to be a goaltender in Philadelphia. Maybe from the outside it looks like there's nothing to it. You only realize it on your own."