GDT: Rangers@ Devils

MadDog2020

Now that is the way Hockey oughta be played. With some PASSION and INTENSITY.

I loved every single bit of it. (except the result)

That was what HOCKEY could be and SHOULD be.

The game deserved to go to Overtime, but whatever.

I'll be at the game Thursday. Hope it's equally as good.

My only complaint about tonight, besides the result, is that piece of crap Rachunek. Why does this guy get to play in every game? He's morphed into Poti II. Better yet, I would trade him straight up for Poti. This guy is soft as hell and is the epitome of why I despise certain European players and their styles. BTW, did anybody get a certain flashback to Game 2 (I believe it was) of last years playoffs on that Parise Goal? Who BTW is a great player. I'll give you a hint, his name sounds similar to Bozo. :argh::argh::argh:

Anyway, congrats on the win tonight.

Hope the next game is even better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only complaint about tonight, besides the result, is that piece of crap Rachunek. Why does this guy get to play in every game? He's morphed into Poti II. Better yet, I would trade him straight up for Poti. This guy is soft as hell and is the epitome of why I despise certain European players and their styles. BTW, did anybody get a certain flashback to Game 2 (I believe it was) of last years playoffs on that Parise Goal? Who BTW is a great player. I'll give you a hint, his name sounds similar to Bozo. :argh::argh::argh:
Edited by LOULAM1

Say what you want about Avery but this guy is making the rivalry a lot more exciting and I can see why Chico keeps defending the guy. The guy is a complete pest and I love what he brings. He is starting to learn to be an even better one exactly like Claude was. He got Marty all pissed off and had it been another goalie the Rangers might have been on the powerplay.

:dance: werd

We got outplayed tonight. They had more chances but just didn't bury them. We took advantage of our chances and that's what winning teams do. I'm certainly glad for the win.

Avery is an asset to that team - they played with the most intensity of any game against us this year and he was great on the ice, not just in the scrums. Claude Lemieux anyone?

I don't know whether to post this here or in NJay's thread but after what I experienced tonight I was like 'preach on brother' when I saw his thread.

The whole game I'm sitting behind this obnoxious Ranger fan, an older female at that. All game she's yelling inane stuff like 'Let's Go Rangers, you're going to hear my voice in your dreams', the second part seemed to be directed towards me although I wasn't doing anything to agitate anyone. And after the Avery thing, she and the other Ranger fans were chanting for Devil blood. Making it worse was the fact that the usual 50-50 ratio of Devil and Ranger fans was more like 30-70. I thought I was at the damn Garden when Ward scored. I'm normally calm, almost too much so at games but boy I was ballistic after Avery's punkass move. I don't get why Doc and Chico defend Avery considering they make fun of Darcy Tucker all the time and Avery's far worse than that agitator wannabe :P

But that's beside the point...fast forward to the third period, when Parise scored I was like Jim Valvano looking for someone to hug except I was looking for someone to slap hands with. Finally the end of the game comes (after the Rangers seemed to have Avery on the ice for the last three minutes as if they wanted him to score, fvck them) and after hearing nonsense from this clown all game I finally turned to her and said 'Congratulations, your team can't win and can't play the game right either, have a pleasant day', and then turned and walked away :evil:

Edited by Hasan4978

I don't know whether to post this here or in NJay's thread but after what I experienced tonight I was like 'preach on brother' when I saw his thread.

The whole game I'm sitting behind this obnoxious Ranger fan, an older female at that. All game she's yelling inane stuff like 'Let's Go Rangers, you're going to hear my voice in your dreams', the second part seemed to be directed towards me although I wasn't doing anything to agitate anyone. And after the Avery thing, she and the other Ranger fans were chanting for Devil blood. Making it worse was the fact that the usual 50-50 ratio of Devil and Ranger fans was more like 30-70. I thought I was at the damn Garden when Straka scored. I'm normally calm, almost too much so at games but boy I was ballistic after Avery's punkass move. I don't get why Doc and Chico defend Avery considering they make fun of Darcy Tucker all the time and Avery's far worse than that agitator wannabe :P

But that's beside the point...fast forward to the third period, when Parise scored I was like Jim Valvano looking for someone to hug except I was looking for someone to slap hands with. Finally the end of the game comes (after the Rangers seemed to have Avery on the ice for the last three minutes as if they wanted him to score, fvck them) and after hearing nonsense from this clown all game I finally turned to her and said 'Congratulations, your team can't win and can't play the game right either, have a pleasant day', and then turned and walked away :evil:

But think about it, this stuff used to happen all the time. I loved it. I loved the fact that Jannsens got up and was yapping away. I loved that there was hitting from both sides. I loved that there was a fight. Maybe if Hockey was played like this more often, the arenas would be like they used to be. A MADHOUSE. This game had it all.

Awesome crowd, awesome game.

Sat in 227 with 4 Rags fans to the left, 2 to the right, 2 infront of me, and 5 two row behind me...and loved every minute of it.

If it wasn't for Janssen losing that fight, tonight would have been perfect.