Video Game Thread

NJDevils1214

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlefield 3 looks fantastic. can't wait for the Beta on the 29th

Did you have to buy Medal of Honor to get into that Beta. UGHHH I want to play it sooooo badddd. Lol I am like a child.

I dont mind Assassins Creed anymore. Honestly the first one was horrible but the second one made up for it, and the story has a big twist.

Gear of War is not my kind of game but a friend of mine is absolutely addicted to it and all he does is complain to me about how stupid people are and how no one works as a team and that's why they lose.

Gear of War is not my kind of game but a friend of mine is absolutely addicted to it and all he does is complain to me about how stupid people are and how no one works as a team and that's why they lose.

He's 100% right, too. If you're playing solo or not communicating with your team, you're probably going to lose.

I decided to buy L.A. Noire, found a used copy and figured it would be worth it. The game play was new to a Rockstar game and I must say it is prob. the most well done R-Star game to date. They def. brought a new style of game genre to the front and would love another one, maybe N.Y. or Chicago or something. Maybe even switch it up and make one where you aren't a detective but keep the game style. The story line was one of the best I have ever played and that is probably why I beat it so fast. There was a nice mixture of flash backs and things of that nature where you learn about the character you play as you go along with his past and how he connects with the other characters in the game. The only negative is there were a few bugs, some that you would expect if you have ever played a Rockstar game in the past. The story line does end kind of abruptly and I did not finish all the side missions or find all the easter eggs. I do recommend this game, especially if you find it cheap. Everyone should try to make it last longer than I did though.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Did you have to buy Medal of Honor to get into that Beta. UGHHH I want to play it sooooo badddd. Lol I am like a child.

I dont mind Assassins Creed anymore. Honestly the first one was horrible but the second one made up for it, and the story has a big twist.

If you bought Medal of Honor you got early access to the Beta. ( like two days early), so people with early acces will be getting in on Tuesday and the rest of us only Thursday.

If you bought Medal of Honor you got early access to the Beta. ( like two days early), so people with early acces will be getting in on Tuesday and the rest of us only Thursday.

Do I need to sign up or something? I'm dying to get in anyway I can...I will do some things I might be ashamed of later... :doh1:

I'm not nearly the video game nerd I once was. Used to be unstoppable in the NHL games, but stopped playing around '06. Picked up '09 and it was like the game had completely passed me by. I'm afraid to even try '12. :lol:

I did enjoy the hell out of Arkham Asylum, though. Might have to get Arkham City. And I got inFAMOUS with that PS3 "Welcome Back" free games promotion and have been having a lot of fun with that too.

Yeah, I'm quite looking forward to Arkham City and I did the same thing as you, got Infamous with the whole PSN debacle. Infmaous is a very entertaining game! Call me crazy, but zapping people with electricity NEVER gets old. That and that jump charge move that blows the hell out of everybody in sight. Very cool stuff.

I think my sister's boyfriend has AC2, so I may just have to give it a shot at some point.

I decided to buy L.A. Noire, found a used copy and figured it would be worth it. The game play was new to a Rockstar game and I must say it is prob. the most well done R-Star game to date. They def. brought a new style of game genre to the front and would love another one, maybe N.Y. or Chicago or something. Maybe even switch it up and make one where you aren't a detective but keep the game style. The story line was one of the best I have ever played and that is probably why I beat it so fast. There was a nice mixture of flash backs and things of that nature where you learn about the character you play as you go along with his past and how he connects with the other characters in the game. The only negative is there were a few bugs, some that you would expect if you have ever played a Rockstar game in the past. The story line does end kind of abruptly and I did not finish all the side missions or find all the easter eggs. I do recommend this game, especially if you find it cheap. Everyone should try to make it last longer than I did though.

I was very close to pulling the trigger on LA Noire but I couldn't find it cheap enough so I decided to get Zelda: Twilight Princess for $9. So far, so good but there really isn't a bad Zelda game. Well, not including the CD-I disasters....

NFSW

Doubly NSFW Edited by Bulletproof

Anybody up for some Gears? I'm about to go on right now. Would be cool to play with some NJDevs guys. I've added a couple of you, but I'm not sure who has Gears or doesn't.

On the topic of that game again, after playing it for a week, I must say that I remain very impressed. They do need to tone some of the guns though; the sawed-off shotgun is ridiculous and the assault rifles are a bit overpowered too. Other than that, the game is very well made. Much better than Gears 1 and 2. Very happy about the dedicated servers; no more host advantage bullsh!t or lagging gameplay.

Edited by nmigliore

Infamous was fantastic...I'm waiting for the sequel to get dropped in price before I get that too.....

I was annoyed by LA Noire, I felt I had to pay TOO MUCH attention to the game and I like games I can kinda stop n go with....but I felt like everytime I wanted to hit the pause button I was gonna miss something....I need to sit down on a day with NOTHING going on and sit through it again....it's a shame I was expecting a reverse GTA-type deal and didn't get it......

Infamous was fantastic...I'm waiting for the sequel to get dropped in price before I get that too.....

I was annoyed by LA Noire, I felt I had to pay TOO MUCH attention to the game and I like games I can kinda stop n go with....but I felt like everytime I wanted to hit the pause button I was gonna miss something....I need to sit down on a day with NOTHING going on and sit through it again....it's a shame I was expecting a reverse GTA-type deal and didn't get it......

There was less free lancing allowed but it made up for it with a great story. The actor that plays the Stewart of Gondor in Lord of the Rings also played a character in it too which I thought was funny.

So, I'm two dungeons through Twilight Princess and yes, I realize the game is about 6 years old but it's new to me! Not sure if there are any Nintendo fans or even old school gaming fans in here, but I think it's the best story out of all the Zelda games and it rivals Ocarina in fun factor. While my favorite Zelda will forever be Link to The Past, this is a solid third on my list.

Also, just put my order in for the ICO/Shadow of the Collosus collection for PS3. While I've never played ICO, I adored Shadow back on the PS2 so I'm looking forward to having them both on the PS3, in limited HD. In case you've never heard of it, here's the PS2 trailer for Shadow.

As you can see, it's a very patient, quiet game that depends on mood, atmosphere and puzzle solving for the gameplay. And yes, all you do is roam a barren countryside and fight 16 monstrous bosses. And yes, it's brilliant. Worth at least a rental for the youngin's out there who've never played it.

So, I'm two dungeons through Twilight Princess and yes, I realize the game is about 6 years old but it's new to me! Not sure if there are any Nintendo fans or even old school gaming fans in here, but I think it's the best story out of all the Zelda games and it rivals Ocarina in fun factor. While my favorite Zelda will forever be Link to The Past, this is a solid third on my list.

Fantastic game, definitely agree with you.

Soooo this is not a console-related game, but my roommate just introduced me to a game called 'Minecraft'..

Has anyone else tried this game? It's like...Legos..you can build whatever you want. Like, anything. Blew my mind the first time I played it, I feel like I'll be wasting some serious time on that game until MW3 and/or Skyrim come out.

Fantastic game, definitely agree with you.

Soooo this is not a console-related game, but my roommate just introduced me to a game called 'Minecraft'..

Has anyone else tried this game? It's like...Legos..you can build whatever you want. Like, anything. Blew my mind the first time I played it, I feel like I'll be wasting some serious time on that game until MW3 and/or Skyrim come out.

For Twilight Princess, I was just about to get bored collecting tears at Lake Hylia when the game gets all sorts of creepy and downright fascinating. Man, I am really hooked now!

As for Minecraft, I've never played it myself but I've seen plenty of videos of what you can do with it and it's pretty amazing. There's a great community in support of it as well, and you're right you just build anything you can dream od and roam around other peoples insane creations. Interesting stuff!

I haven't tried it yet, but yeah, there's tons of videos on Minecraft. You really can build like anything. This guy Seananners has a Youtube Channel in which he posts some cool "Minecraft Adventure" videos (he also posts COD commentary videos if you're interested in that stuff): http://www.youtube.com/seananners

It's not really my kind of game though, so I doubt I'll ever purchase it.

I downloaded the Battlefield 3 BETA on the 360 too... I literally only got play it for about 30 seconds last night. I'll play it some more tonight if I can, but I really wasn't impressed; it still has the sluggish gameplay feel to it which I can't stand. Call of Duty has a beautiful smoothness to it.

Also, just put my order in for the ICO/Shadow of the Collosus collection for PS3. While I've never played ICO, I adored Shadow back on the PS2 so I'm looking forward to having them both on the PS3, in limited HD. In case you've never heard of it, here's the PS2 trailer for Shadow.

As you can see, it's a very patient, quiet game that depends on mood, atmosphere and puzzle solving for the gameplay. And yes, all you do is roam a barren countryside and fight 16 monstrous bosses. And yes, it's brilliant. Worth at least a rental for the youngin's out there who've never played it.

Shadow of the Colossus was sooooo good and just a ton of fun. It truly is video game art. Also, no game has ever gotten across the true epicness of a boss battle quite like that game. It got boss fights right. Definitely an underrated game that deserves a bigger following.

Going tomorrow to attempt to sell my slim ps2 along with a few PS3 games. With what I get, I am hoping it will amount to enough to buy either Dirt 3 or NHL12. I havent decided which game yet.

I think I would get more used out of NHL12. Those games never get old.

Thoughts?

Edited by Quinn01

I'm absolutely loving Battlefield 3 Beta. Obviously there are some bugs and the graphics are watered down but...it's a BETA, so don't hate.

Can't say I agree. The gameplay feels very awkward and sluggish (like very poor frame rate); it's not the graphics or bugs that bother me. Past BF games were the same way. Maybe I'm just too used to Call of Duty's amazing smoothness.

Edited by nmigliore

Can't say I agree. The gameplay feels very awkward and sluggish (like very poor frame rate); it's not the graphics or bugs that bother me. Past BF games were the same way. Maybe I'm just too used to Call of Duty's amazing smoothness.

COD does have better FR but I'll take realistic combat and better game play any day. Id rather deal with fr than campers and getting killed because some 10 year old fed and now there are random ballistic missiles raining down and dogs lunging at my crotch.

So I finally got around to playing BF3 beta last night..

This almost seems identical to Medal Honor (which I didn't like, at all). And very simliar to crysis 2 (which I also wasnt a huge fan of). And yes, I know all of these games were/are made by EA, but I was hoping BF3 would be a different, more unique experience (I've never played the BF series before)

Kinda disappointed