New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a twat, but I disagree. I think with the post above you were the first to take out your cleaver and set to work. :evil: now, allow me to pick up my scalpel...

I'd say everyone got it and laughed (who would laugh). Perhaps one might stop and consider his choice - I concluded that, in written form, he had to go with Surely over Shirley otherwise the mock misunderstanding makes less sense. To take issue with that is akin to taking issue with the verbal gag saying - "but he was clearly using surely as an adverb, not a proper name thus the joke has no merit."

That was the minor issue. I explained the main reason why it doesn't make sense. I am an "Airplane" fan...again, he butchered the joke.

So is this more correct oh great one?

Surely ben00rs isn't a tool!

He is, and please don't call me Shirley!

Better?

Oh stop now, I'm not that great! :evil:

Oh and that new joke...job well done sir!

Edited by ben00rs

only 11 people viewing the thread and the last post was by PK at 5:41 PM. Everytime this thread starts to die down something big happens. Kovy, please watch your back for Russian assasins, asteroids, lightning, Hollywood movie deals, etc...

only 11 people viewing the thread and the last post was by PK at 5:41 PM. Everytime this thread starts to die down something big happens. Kovy, please watch your back for Russian assasins, asteroids, lightning, Hollywood movie deals, etc...

Or ben00rs proofreading your posts!!! WATCH OUT KOVY!!! :whistling::evil:

haha, I'm usually logged in to see what's being talked about here, I have a smart phone so I have the browser pointed here if I'm at work or something. Don't want to miss any good news :koolaid:

Eh, Kovy doesn't tell jokes, he just leaves out articles of speech. I got no problem with that - any real man does.

Hey, I like short and to the point. Lebron goes on for an hour explaining why he chose the Heat...Kovy simply states "This is team".

You know what I just realized? When I was a little kid I used to LOVE summer. But then I got addicted to NHL and now I fvcking hate summer!

I still love the summer, even though our "hockey summers" have been entirely too long as of late. 2011 better end differently for this team!

You know what I just realized? When I was a little kid I used to LOVE summer. But then I got addicted to NHL and now I fvcking hate summer!

I noticed last week that now that I am no longer in school, summer sucks balls and the fall is gonna kick ass. Without school happening, summer and fall are the same except that instead of sunburn, sweating like crazy, and higher electricity bills from using the A/C, we will have hockey, football, and baseball playoffs. Sounds like a good trade to me.

Edited by devilsfan26

I noticed last week that now that I am no longer in school, summer sucks balls and the fall is gonna kick ass. Without school happening, summer and fall are the same except that instead of sunburn, sweating like crazy, and higher electricity bills from using the A/C, we will have hockey, football, and baseball playoffs. Sounds like a good trade to me.

You don't care for the beach and scantily clad women? I will always love Jersey summers. There is nothing like summer concerts....and then when it is over I have hockey and football to console me....

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but ESPN cites a very interesting clause in the CBA which would basically guarantee a win to the Devils in this case:

"Article 26.3(i): Any act, conduct or activity that is permitted by this agreement shall not be a circumvention."

Has this been discussed before?

yeah but that's only true if the arbitrator interprets it that way. he/she could easily say it's not permitted by the agreement. That's the problem with arbitrators, they're not bona-fide judges, so they can make a wild decision that seems completely different than the normal man's interpretation of the situation.

yeah but that's only true if the arbitrator interprets it that way. he/she could easily say it's not permitted by the agreement. That's the problem with arbitrators, they're not bona-fide judges, so they can make a wild decision that seems completely different than the normal man's interpretation of the situation.

The arbitrator's job is to rule if the laws of the salary cap have been broken. Since the CBA defines the rules of the salary cap, if the CBA states that as long as a contract adheres to its rules, it cannot be circumvention, then it's the arbitrator's job to rule that way.

The arbitrator's job is to rule if the laws of the salary cap have been broken. Since the CBA defines the rules of the salary cap, if the CBA states that as long as a contract adheres to its rules, it cannot be circumvention, then it's the arbitrator's job to rule that way.

Legion is right. It's all at the discretion of the arbitrator. No matter what the CBA says it can be interpreted in different ways.

You don't care for the beach and scantily clad women? I will always love Jersey summers. There is nothing like summer concerts....and then when it is over I have hockey and football to console me....

Hockey fact 6435: Hockey fans hibernate for the summer.

Love the summer - it's too windy to BBQ in January, even when you get the weather. Not that it stops me mind you, but it's still too windy.

mmmmmmmmmmm....did you say BBQ? :w00t: