Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

Conditional first, really?

Greene a UFA after this season is going to bring a 2nd as well? Why?

1.) Weak draft, teams will be tossing away picks this year like it is nothing.

2.) Greene can fit on any cap crunched team, there will be a bidding war for him.

3.) Arnott should have 3 teams that really need a big center chasing after him. Washington or St Louis could really use him.

• Like 1

That's true, I was just making the point that this trade has nothing to do with re-signing Parise.

Of course it does, professional sports is not played with phantom money, every penny saved is potentially a penny saved for Parise. The fiscal health of this team is as signifigant a factor in keeping #9 as say the cap situation, or even Parise's desire to stay.

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

The Devils will get a pick in this year's draft no matter what. From the way I understand it, the Devils are assured of at least getting the Stars' 2011 3rd round pick. If the Stars win a round this year, that pick becomes the Stars 2011 2nd rounder. In addition, if Langenbrunner resigns in Dallas, the Devils will send their 2012 3rd rounder to Dallas for the Stars 2012 2nd rounder.

I didnt want just a draft pick for our captain. Draft picks wont help us next season. We are going to be in the exact same position next season and Zajac will go.

its not even a guarantee that we get a pick for this coming draft. It could be in 2012.

Yes we do, go back and read it. we will at least ve one pick in this years draft.

a THIRD ROUND pick.

:doh1: I knew it had to be bad to take that long... I went with THE LOWEST possible doable option in my post before the announcement. And that's what they had to go with --- and it was only done as a favor.... not to Lou but for Jamie.

This organization is SO EFFED IN THE A!

Calm PK, its really not that bad, we weren't resigning the guy, he has limited value, we seem to have got a half decent return. Better than letting him walk in July, then we got jack.

*puts on best Lou Voice*

"Our next lot is, lot number 25, this peice comes with some slight damage but will still be an effective center peice in any home. Following this we have lots number 6 which is higlhy sought after and has a low estimate, followed by lot number 23 which just fell off the display stand, without being hit, this lot has no reserve"

NTC fellas! Langs basically got to decide where he was going. Dallas made the offer.....we shed $2.9.....Lou took what he could get......end of story.

I would have much rather dealt Rolston's salary. But noone was buying that contract even at half price. More moves will be made and don't expect much in return. Teams will take advantage of our situation.....you can bet on it!

We shed $2.9 million in cap space for the rest of this year only. It's not a Rolston-esque albaltross that the team ridded itself of.

Ugh! I'm hopeful we can return to form next season but I think we won't see the playoffs until like 2017.

Give me even money on the Devils making the playoffs next year and I will bet up to 200 dollars.

I dont care how fvcked we are with the Cap and this season, 1 3rd round pick for our captain is a fvcking insult. Didnt even get a prospect. :doh1:

Have you watched Jamie Langenbrunner play? He is Grant Marshall with a slap shot.

The Devils will get a pick in this year's draft no matter what. From the way I understand it, the Devils are assured of at least getting the Stars' 2011 3rd round pick. If the Stars win a round this year, that pick becomes the Stars 2011 2nd rounder. In addition, if Langenbrunner resigns in Dallas, the Devils will send their 2012 3rd rounder to Dallas for the Stars 2012 2nd rounder.

so it could potentially turn into two 2nds.

Not bad Imo

Oh please...Wisniewski got a 2nd and a 5th a couple of weeks ago. If anything teams need players sooner with all the parity and Jamie's salary's not that prohibitive. $1.4 million for half a season.

If you'd told me a few days ago we were getting a third for Jamie I'd say fine...but with all the reports of multiple picks, prospects, whatever - a 3rd does feel like a dissapointment. That said Lou might have had better offers but I'm sure he had to come to Jamie with a list of teams that he could waive the NTC for and Jamie picked Dallas for obvious reasons.

Multiple picks was obviously a 3rd and a 5th from Philly....pick your poison.

From TG:

How the hell did they come up with that deal it must have got confusing!!

So stars Win in the Playoffs/Resign pre july 1st Langs:

Devils Recieve: Stars 2nd Round pick 2011

Stars dont win playoff round or resign Langs before 1st July:

Devils Get:Dallas 3rd 2011 AND 2nd 2012

Dallas gets: Devils 3rd 2012

Change of Plan Dallas to fail.

Or have i got this all wrong??

Okay that's a bit better than the 'conditional 3rd' that was reported. I'd rather have the 2nd this year since we don't currently have one but then again the 2nd next year from Dallas could be more valuable.

Multiple picks was obviously a 3rd and a 5th from Philly....pick your poison.

Well yeah I didn't want him going to Philly or Pittsburgh, really if you're trading in division they have to be far and away the best offer imo.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What's all this about a weak draft? Anything compared to the drafts from 2003-2010 would be considered weak drafts, but those were exceptions to the rule. Because we're not hearing anything now doesn't mean that this is specifically a weak draft. The draft is 5 months away. I didn't hear anything about Seguin or Hall last year until like March.

Nobody was going to trade an established roster player for a rental who isn't really that good.

Yes we do, go back and read it. we will at least ve one pick in this years draft.

Calm PK, its really not that bad, we weren't resigning the guy, he has limited value, we seem to have got a half decent return. Better than letting him walk in July, then we got jack.

*puts on best Lou Voice*

"Our next lot is, lot number 25, this peice comes with some slight damage but will still be an effective center peice in any home. Following this we have lots number 6 which is higlhy sought after and has a low estimate, followed by lot number 23 which just fell off the display stand, without being hit, this lot has no reserve"

Lmfao, that's classic CD.

Oh please...Wisniewski got a 2nd and a 5th a couple of weeks ago. If anything teams need players sooner with all the parity and Jamie's salary's not that prohibitive. $1.4 million for half a season.

If you'd told me a few days ago we were getting a third for Jamie I'd say fine...but with all the reports of multiple picks, prospects, whatever - a 3rd does feel like a dissapointment. That said Lou might have had better offers but I'm sure he had to come to Jamie with a list of teams that he could waive the NTC for and Jamie picked Dallas for obvious reasons.

so you think that lou deliberately didn't want to get a 2nd round pick? is that what you are saying? i think langenbrunner is a worse player than wisniewski at this point in their careers, but even if you don't think that, you have to think they're at least close and that one has a no-trade.

Langenbrunner is already being used better then he was in NJ. He is being used in a checking role on the 3rd line with Burish and Ott. Why couldn't a coach in NJ use him properly?

we don't really have a checking line, and we have clarkson for that role. lou basically admitted that they were going to give langs less ice time, so they said let's not do that and they traded him.

Not bad Imo

I don't believe it can.

Neither party can be unfairly enriched through a gaming of the clauses. So the Devils are going to net one 2nd round pick in a draft, if one of the clauses is met, or the Devils will net one 3rd round pick, if no clauses are met.

Not bad Imo

I'm pretty sure we can't get two second round picks.

If the Stars win a playoff round or re-sign Langenbrunner before July 1st, we get a 2nd this year.

If the Stars don't win a playoff round and re-sign Langenbrunner after July 1st, we get a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year in exchange for our 3rd next year.

If the Stars don't win a playoff round and Langenbrunner signs with someone else, we get a 3rd this year.

So we're going to just scrap everything and rebuild I guess. Are any of the centers in the upcoming draft playmakers? That's what we need is a decent playmaking center. Zajac isn't one and Arnott is losing his polish. We really need one for Kovy. Hopefully if we can't get one at the draft we can find one in UFA or trade. I think there's still some decent playmaking centers that can be had for a decent price.

The Malkin for Parise deal doesn't sound that as bad as it did a month ago.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I wasn't expecting much of a return, so I'm not upset with what Lou got back. Funny how for all the bitching that went on about Langs here, from everything from his on-ice performance to his attitude, suddenly fans are pissed that Lou didn't get much back. This wasn't so much about making a big deal as it was about shaking this thing up. This so needed to be done...

Agreed. This is a team that's less than the sum of its parts. It must be rebuilt. It's also pretty obvious that this is the case, which doesn't help the bargaining power.....

Langenbrunner is already being used better then he was in NJ. He is being used in a checking role on the 3rd line with Burish and Ott. Why couldn't a coach in NJ use him properly?

Then you'd just be bumping up another guy who otherwise should be third-line checking winger.