2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Well this one's definitely a preseason game...Tomlinson, Greene, Revis and Cromartie all inactive. At least we'll find out if McKnight can play a little and by four we should know who we're playing unless the Chiefs lose at home to the Raiders and the 3-4 is still up for grabs.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well this one's definitely a preseason game...Tomlinson, Greene, Revis and Cromartie all inactive. At least we'll find out if McKnight can play a little and by four we should know who we're playing unless the Chiefs lose at home to the Raiders and the 3-4 is still up for grabs.

And we're not allowing Sanchez to throw. B Smith should have a fun day.

lol that first drive was comical. If Sanchez wasn't going to throw the ball at all then just start Brunell to begin with. It was obvious after Smith came in on the 3rd and 17 that Sanchez was out there for decoration...and we still ran it down their throat until Rex got conservative on 4th and 1 :P

And the Bills show they're not an NFL team without Fitzpatrick.

Oh well, 11-5's just fine with me. At least McKnight looked much better than the Hard Knocks version and Brunell made a couple of throws after a scary start. Our reconfigured secondary's done well although it's gonna be a little different next week, especially if we draw the short straw of Peyton.

3_col_playoff_seahawks_110102.jpg

GET PUMPED BOYS!!!! 11-5, AND WE'RE GOING BACK TO THE SCENE OF THE CRIME! LET'S TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, & RETURN TO FOXBORO!!

............. :rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang::rock::beerbang:

Edited by Beezer34

The Jets' poor pass rush + Peyton Manning = Big trouble

I sure hope Rexy has something up his sleeve because this matchup doesn't look so great for the Jets.

It's going to be another *something's-gotta-give* type game between these two. The 4th best offense -vs- the 3rd ranked defense in the NFL. A team that plays very well @ home -vs- a team that thrives on the road. A repeat of the AFC Championship from last year. In the words of Jim Ross; "this is gonna be a good 'ol fashion slobber knocker." :cheers:

The one thing that comforts me however, is gameplanning. When you play Indy, you focus on getting beat through the air.. and gameplan accordingly. They have absolutely no running game what-so-ever. When you mix that against a team that finished with the 3rd best rushing defense in the league, trust me.. Peyton's just as nervous as we are. The Jets know Peyton very well, and have essentially built their team to beat Indianapolis.

Now, having said that.. I still give Indy a slight advantage. But I think the Jets could surprise people here, by jumping to an early lead.

....if the offense can score at least 24 points, we win this game.

Peyton is NOT going to be nervous facing the Jets. The Pats made him nervous once upon a time, but it's been years since that's been the case...ever since his big comeback against the Pats in the AFC Championship game, the Pats have had a lot of trouble stopping him. The Chargers seem to get to him for whatever the reason.

It will be a tall order, but the Jets CAN take Indy...they have plenty of game film to study from last season, and Indy's defense surrenders points. Peyton overall has also not been nearly as good in postseasons as he is in the regular season...his overall playoff numbers are respectable, but he fattened up his playoff stats on Denver twice and KC once when neither team had anything resembling a good defense. I think he's matured, but back in the day you could get him flustered if you shut him down over the first half...he seems to be better about shaking off slow starts now.

I give the Jets a 35% shot at pulling it off...I would have given them a 60% chance against the Chiefs.

I hope Rex learned last year that Peyton eats Blitzing + Single Coverage for breakfast. He's going to have to get more creative to beat him.

Yeah although last year we didn't have Cromartie and their receivers aren't as good. But still our safety play has been atrocious against NFL competition since Leonard went out so you can't let them hit Garcon deep (although he has gotten stonehands this year).

I hate to say it but they shouldn't even try to blitz Peyton for the most part, they don't have a pass rush anyway. Just play zone, make him go on long drives then every once in a while surprise him with a blitz.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Yeah although last year we didn't have Cromartie and their receivers aren't as good. But still our safety play has been atrocious against NFL competition since Leonard went out so you can't let them hit Garcon deep (although he has gotten stonehands this year).

I hate to say it but they shouldn't even try to blitz Peyton for the most part, they don't have a pass rush anyway. Just play zone, make him go on long drives then every once in a while surprise him with a blitz.

i completly forgot about the leonard loss. thats huge 4 the jets

On a sidenote.. the NFL's 2011-2012 list of opponents, has officially been released.

http://www.katc.com/news/nfl-2011-opponents-determined/

For the Jets next season..

..New England Patriots, 2x

..Buffalo Bills, 2x

..Miami Dolphins, 2x

..Washington Redskins, AWAY

..Oakland Raiders, AWAY

..Jacksonville Jaguars, HOME

..Denver Broncos, AWAY

..Kansas City Chiefs, HOME

..San Diego Chargers, HOME

..Dallas Cowboys, HOME

..Philadelphia Eagles, AWAY

..Baltimore Ravens, AWAY

..and the New York Giants

All things considered, I don't think a 12-4 record is out of the question. :noclue:

On a sidenote.. the NFL's 2011-2012 list of opponents, has officially been released.

http://www.katc.com/news/nfl-2011-opponents-determined/

For the Jets next season..

..New England Patriots, 2x

..Buffalo Bills, 2x

..Miami Dolphins, 2x

..Washington Redskins, AWAY

..Oakland Raiders, AWAY

..Jacksonville Jaguars, HOME

..Denver Broncos, AWAY

..Kansas City Chiefs, HOME

..San Diego Chargers, HOME

..Dallas Cowboys, HOME

..Philadelphia Eagles, AWAY

..Baltimore Ravens, AWAY

..and the New York Giants

All things considered, I don't think a 12-4 record is out of the question. :noclue:

Good schedule, provided there's a season. :unsure:

You're a funny guy, I gotta say that!

....why Jerry?

You can't see the Jets beating the Patriots & Dolphins at least 1x each.. aswell as: KC, Denver, Oakland, Washington, Buffalo 2x, Jacksonville, Dallas, SD, and the Giants?

....why Jerry?

You can't see the Jets beating the Patriots & Dolphins at least 1x each.. aswell as: KC, Denver, Oakland, Washington, Buffalo 2x, Jacksonville, Dallas, SD, and the Giants?

Normally, it's impossible to judge how teams will fare in a league with so much changing from year to year.

Add on the labor dispute and any effect its issues (salary cap, adding two more games to the slate) will have, and no one in their right mind can accurately predict with much certainty the status of any team.

Based on this year's stats and teams, it's arguable that they could beat most of those teams...flip a coin on Philly, Jacksonville, Dallas, and SD, and assume a 4-2 division record...but next year is going to be entirely different.

....why Jerry?

Dallas isn't going to be an easy mark next year with Romo back and Garrett probably being a better head coach than Wade (even if CRASHER hates him lol), San Diego won't be easy next year either assuming they get their special teams straightened out and AJ doesn't have a ****-measuring contest with more holdouts. The Giants sure aren't an automatic win either.

Plus fwiw I'd bet money on an 18-game schedule next year (well assuming there isn't a lockout that goes INto the season) and who knows how that'll change everything, both with the other two games that get added on and how 18 games affect everyone.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Normally, it's impossible to judge how teams will fare in a league with so much changing from year to year.

Add on the labor dispute and any effect its issues (salary cap, adding two more games to the slate) will have, and no one in their right mind can accurately predict with much certainty the status of any team.

Despite the looming uncertainty when the current collective bargaining agreement lapses, I still feel confident the Jets (as an organization) are headed in the right direction. We've got great young talent, with veteran presence.. an above average GM.. an owner who doesn't mind putting his hand in his pocket.. and Rex Ryan who.. like him or not, is going to be the Jets version of Andy Reid imo. (as far as longevity) If they can lock'up 90% of their UFA's next season, and add a legitimate pass-rusher.. the sky's the limit. Last season we finished with the #1 ranked defense in the NFL under 'RR.. and this season (despite all the negative bullsh!t from the skeptics) we finished #3 overall in the league. Quite a drop-off I must say. :rolleyes:

The foundation is there, it just needs to be properly cultivated.

Dallas isn't going to be an easy mark next year with Romo back and Garrett probably being a better head coach than Wade (even if CRASHER hates him lol), San Diego won't be easy next year either assuming they get their special teams straightened out and AJ doesn't have a ****-measuring contest with more holdouts.

....I agree with you that SD's going to be a tough out.. but a Kitna lead Cowboys team would scare me more, than TR @ the helm.

Romo's star has faded considerably since his 2007 season in Dallas. He's thrown 30 picks in his last 35 games, and seems more content these days worrying about organizing offseason practices.. than his pratfall ability. There are Romo supporters than will attribute the team\coaching\environment he's been adjoined to, as reasoning for his fall-from-grace. -But I disagree. His win lose record since 2008 stands @ 21-16.. and that's with practically the same coaching personnel he had during his 2007 magic-carpet-ride year.

Unless he proves otherwise this coming season.. Tony Romo scares me about as much as Carson Palmer.

Despite the looming uncertainty when the current collective bargaining agreement lapses, I still feel confident the Jets (as an organization) are headed in the right direction. We've got great young talent, with veteran presence.. an above average GM.. an owner who doesn't mind putting his hand in his pocket.. and Rex Ryan who.. like him or not, is going to be the Jets version of Andy Reid imo. (as far as longevity) If they can lock'up 90% of their UFA's next season, and add a legitimate pass-rusher.. the sky's the limit. Last season we finished with the #1 ranked defense in the NFL under 'RR.. and this season (despite all the negative bullsh!t from the skeptics) we finished #3 overall in the league. Quite a drop-off I must say. :rolleyes:

The foundation is there, it just needs to be properly cultivated.

Definitely agree with the bolded statement, they have the foundation.

But the bottom line is that the Jets will only go as far as the Sanchize takes them. It's my belief, based on the rule changes in the NFL, that too much has to go right at once for a ground and pound team to be successful at a high level. Their defense needs to be top five all year long, and the running game has to be tops in the NFL. In that respect, the 2009 Jets might have been the perfect storm of that approach. I applaud the Jets for beginning to take the training wheels off of Sanchez, sometimes at the expense of wins, but years 3-4 are coming, barring a work stoppage, and these are the "put up or shut up" years for Mark. It takes a lot for a team to reach a Super Bowl, let alone win one, but if the Jets, as constructed, don't make the AFC title game by the end of the fourth year, with the likely resigning of Holmes (keep him over Edwards, IMO, if you have to choose) and the addition of a speed back/resigning of LT, then either the injury bug killed the team or Sanchez has not improved enough and needs to go.

I guess everyone's too jacked up to post in the thread today :lol:

Wow, just wow. Game balls all around, starting with the O-line for manning up in the 2nd half. Tomlinson got rid of his playoff demons, Greene ran it really well too. Braylon made a couple of huge plays, the D shut down Peyton in the first half other than that one mistake on the Garcon bomb then held him to FG's in the second half.

And for once the other team was the one having meltdowns in a big spot...that kid running into the kicker was Gastineau-like dumb. And Caldwell calling a timeout when the Jets looked like they were ready to settle for close to a 50-yard FG?! He might as well have saved it to ice Folk, instead it gave the Jets time to call a jump ball that made the difference.

Rex finally gets past Peyton, now the Jet team at least has a shot to vanquish the Patriot demon once and for all. I don't expect us to do it but at least they have an opportunity for redemption after 45-3.

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane. He gave the Jets an extra timeout. There was absolutely no way that the Colts were getting the ball back. He called timeout at 33 seconds, so if he doesn't call it they won't get a play off until 23 seconds and you make a young QB scramble. Instead, you stop the clock and give the coaches a chance to call their best play. Absolutely crazy.

Edited by devilsrule33
  • Like 1