Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that Atlanta has stated that they will not allow a team to negotiate a long term deal prior to a trade happening truely makes this a rental situation. I think that the number and caliber of players needed to make a trade for a rental player measurably drops versus a player under contract for a couple of more years.

That being said I doubt this is anything more than Potvin tossing out a comment without any backing.

I guess the $10 million dollar question is whether Kovy's attitude changes coming to this team, with its playoff history, its coaching staff and veteran players?

Gomez has not been the same player since leaving. That shows how being on the right team can impact a players approach/commitment to the game.

STill not going to happen though.

I doubt this happens. He is really not a Lou or Jacques type player. I mean the game that Bergfors had two goals and an assist in a 4-1 win over Pittsburgh, Jacques slammed him for having a bad game because he has not played defense.

I actually attribute his slump to the fact that the coaching staff keeps crapping on the kid.

To indulge the fantasy for a minute like everyone else has, dealing for Kovalchuk sort of forces you to use Elias at center which the Devils have been trying to avoid the last few months. Parise and Kovalchuk aren't moving from LW and you aren't having three players of that caliber play the same position. Especially since we have no second offensive line center as it is.

Yeah they uploaded all of their show onto their facebook page, I'm listening now.

I just found it. It's at the end of the interview: "By the way, did you hear that Kovalchuk is going to the New Jersey Devils?" Didn't sound like speculation to me.

To indulge the fantasy for a minute like everyone else has, dealing for Kovalchuk sort of forces you to use Elias at center which the Devils have been trying to avoid the last few months. Parise and Kovalchuk aren't moving from LW and you aren't having three players of that caliber play the same position. Especially since we have no second offensive line center as it is.

least of our worries, i'm sure we could go get that if we got this guy.

Maybe we can give them Rolston/Oduya/package and get back Todd White/Kovalchuk....then we'd need a defenseman from somewhere

RUMORS!!

I doubt this happens. He is really not a Lou or Jacques type player. I mean the game that Bergfors had two goals and an assist in a 4-1 win over Pittsburgh, Jacques slammed him for having a bad game because he has not played defense.

I actually attribute his slump to the fact that the coaching staff keeps crapping on the kid.

Just like Greene last year! I still don't like Bergfors much...he's like a lost puppy on the ice, always skating side by side with a player and often stealing the pucks from them.

I just found it. It's at the end of the interview: "By the way, did you hear that Kovalchuk is going to the New Jersey Devils?" Didn't sound like speculation to me.

Yeah, very interesting. Potvin sounded very sure of himself when he said that, too bad they ended the interview with after that statement.

Also TG says everyone was on the ice for the skate today.

Edited by Devs4LIFE

Yeah, very interesting. Potvin sounded very sure of himself when he said that, too bad they ended the interview with after that statement.

So just to try and recreate what could have happened, maybe Potvin gets some sort of text message, blurts it out on air thinking everyone would know about it, then later realizes he misinterpreted the text message and that's why nobody knew the same thing.

Of course the flip side can be he got a text message about something true and blurted it out on air and his source just knew before other people's sources.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.