Panthers president: Devils’ fans forced team to stop selling plastic

squishyx

For what it's worth - think LaurenAshley07 is an NJDevs poster, too... or at least she used to be. Hasn't been very active in the last few years, but definitely remember her from the boards. Different name than that on here, though.

Yeah, she is/was. LA07. Cool poster, was wondering where she went.

For what it's worth - think LaurenAshley07 is an NJDevs poster, too... or at least she used to be. Hasn't been very active in the last few years, but definitely remember her from the boards. Different name than that on here, though.

Not sure if Devils fans have the manpower on twitter but it be jokes if she got more followers than the Panthers' President by the end of the series.

Edited by devilsrule33

Not sure if Devils fans have the manpower on twitter but it be jokes if she got more followers than the Panthers' President by the end of the series.

Well if we start a movement on NJDevs we could get her close. Just followed.

Edited by ben00rs

Now I see the article about this on PuckDaddy, I see the whole story now and it is not as rosey as the nj.com article yesterday made it out to be. It sounded like he was being a jerk to her for pretty much no reason but now in this article, he only replied about her having only 70 or so followers because she called him an ass on his twitter.

Puck Daddy

Basically unlike the uncalled for insult as the article yesterday made it out to be, it was just tit for tat.

Now I see the article about this on PuckDaddy, I see the whole story now and it is not as rosey as the nj.com article yesterday made it out to be. It sounded like he was being a jerk to her for pretty much no reason but now in this article, he only replied about her having only 70 or so followers because she called him an ass on his twitter.

Puck Daddy

Basically unlike the uncalled for insult as the article yesterday made it out to be, it was just tit for tat.

He started the whole thing when he tweeted that it's Devils fans' fault that they're not selling plastic rats anymore in the arena. Devils fans took offense to that and replied. Even so, the owner of an NHL team should not be publicly stooping down to the petty level of raucous fans or even feel the need to. All he had to do was shake his head, say "I'm a millionaire" to himself and not reply.

Edited by DJ Eco

Puck Daddy

Two wrongs don't make a right. He is still suppose to be a business professional. He should have just deleted the comments and moved on. Honestly, how many COOs in any of the major professional leagues here would act like this guy is?

He started the whole thing when he tweeted that it's Devils fans' fault that they're not selling plastic rats anymore in the arena. Devils fans took offense to that and replied. Even so, the owner of an NHL team should not be publicly stooping down to the petty level of raucous fans or even feel the need to. All he had to do was shake his head, say "I'm a millionaire" to himself and not reply.

You are right, he didn't have to reply. However, she did go out and call him an ass when his original statement was to Devils fans in general, and not to her specifically. We could have just shook our heads and say, "we have more silver shiny things than you", but instead some Devils fans choose name calling him instead.

In the end, neither party is right in this.

I guess if I want free suite tickets I better hope to start name calling every opposing player/coach/GM/owner on Twitter with the hope they reply and so I can get a call from the Devils.

Two wrongs don't make a right. He is still suppose to be a business professional. He should have just deleted the comments and moved on. Honestly, how many COOs in any of the major professional leagues here would act like this guy is?

You are right, two wrongs do not make a right.

She name-called him and he just replied back minus the name calling. It is tit for tat that should not be rewarded on either side. The fact the Devils gave her tickets then for that is silly.

You are right, he didn't have to reply. However, she did go out and call him an ass when his original statement was to Devils fans in general, and not to her specifically. We could have just shook our heads and say, "we have more silver shiny things than you", but instead some Devils fans choose name calling him instead.

In the end, neither party is right in this.

I guess if I want free suite tickets I better hope to start name calling every opposing player/coach/GM/owner on Twitter with the hope they reply and so I can get a call from the Devils.

You are right, two wrongs do not make a right.

She name-called him and he just replied back minus the name calling. It is tit for tat that should not be rewarded on either side. The fact the Devils gave her tickets then for that is silly.

I completely agree. I can't believe the devils gave away suite tickets for something like this. It just shows how much this twitter nonsense has gotten out of hand.

LA called him out for embarrassing himself and his organization. She wasn't being mean-spirited. He countered with an unfunny, mean-spirited, tone deaf reply. He committed a huge PR blunder by engaging fans in a highly unprofessional manner. He's paid to be above that and failed miserably. The Devils countered with a huge PR coup.

Truthfully, I think we should change this to the Michael Yorkmark Appreciation Thread. At a time when a lot of Devils fans were negative and angry and found themselves with an extra day to vent, he filled the void and gave us a distraction that helped get us all on the same page.

Edited by BCdevil

Puck Daddy

thats exactly what it was. tit for tat. it was a total knee jerk reaction by yormark for being called a name. yormark should have exercised alot more self control being in his position and standing, that much is undebatable and he deserves all the criticism thrown his way.

however, i think this girl calling someone an ass wasnt exactly a beacon of intelligence herself. in this puck daddy article she quotes as saying "That didn't make any sense, I was like, 'Just own it. [say] our fans were too exuberant, sorry we can't sell them anymore.'

ok why couldnt she just have said that instead? resorting to name calling is uncalled for just like yormarks repsonse to her was. both were petty and immature. how many fans twitted to yormark and made valid points (and funny ones too) that didnt resort to name calling? on top of that, she gets rewarded by the devils because she has a friend that works for them (a

"friend" that didnt have her phone number, more then likely a general) who was able to see to it that name calling has its rewards.

Yormark IS an ass for blaming the rat thing on visiting fans. It was childish and gutless. He deserved every bit of grief and name-calling he got for it on Twitter. His responses to said grief and name-calling only served as further proof of what an ass he is.

Of course, this goes both ways. Imagine if some knucklehead threw a red towel on the ice during play last night, and Vanderbeek tweeted that it was a visiting fan. If Panthers fans called him names and he snapped back with replies like "you only have 70 followers, no one cares what you think," we'd all probably think it was hilarious and rally behind him.

In the end, it's a non-story. But in the moment, it's a welcome us-against-them layer to a playoff series that's been oddly devoid of bad blood. I, for one, have had fun with it.

Yormark is a douche.

however, i think this girl calling someone an ass wasnt exactly a beacon of intelligence herself. in this puck daddy article she quotes as saying "That didn't make any sense, I was like, 'Just own it. [say] our fans were too exuberant, sorry we can't sell them anymore.'

ok why couldnt she just have said that instead?

Because it's Twitter. There's not exactly room for eloquence.

Look, ultimately, LA doesn't need me or anyone else to defend her, but saying he's being an ass to someone else and including his Twitter handle in the message is different from directly calling him an ass. Not much different, but different nonetheless. And it was certainly one of the more harmless insults thrown in his direction yesterday from Devils (and even some Panthers) fans.

Yormark IS an ass for blaming the rat thing on visiting fans. It was childish and gutless. He deserved every bit of grief and name-calling he got for it on Twitter.

Yormark is a douche.

name calling is the last bastion of people who cant talk and communicate rationally. there were countless replies by devils fans that were funny and valid that did the job without resorting to that.

you know what would have been great and this will obviously be overlooked? she had a suite directly above yormark. would it have hurt to have gone down there (with permission or the devils knowing) and have a discussion without the immature nonsense? i mean he was right there, if you think he's a ass and if he thinks youre insignificant...well theres a face to face meeting that should be hashed out.

Edited by hockey3893498

name calling is the last bastion of people who cant talk and communicate rationally. there were countless replies by devils fans that were funny and valid that did the job without resorting to that.

you know what would have been great and this will obviously be overlooked? she had a suite directly above yormark. would it have hurt to have gone down there (with permission or the devils knowing) and have a discussion without the immature nonsense? i mean he was right there, if you think he's a ass and if he thinks youre insignificant...well theres a face to face meeting that should be hashed out.

"@PanthersYormark is making an ass of himself and the organization". That's different then outright calling someone an ass. And it's completely accurate- Yormark was making himself and his organization look stupid, so I don't see what the problem is.