GDT: Devils at Predators (Devils west) 8:00 PM

Jerzey

So, as much as Brodeur would like to play more, he says he “definitely” understands Devils coach Pete DeBoer’s decision to stick with Schneider right now. “I’ve been in that situation,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing really, really well and the coach has confidence in him and that’s the way it goes. That’s the way it works usually.” It’s not that Brodeur thinks that DeBoer doesn’t have confidence in him. “I would hope so, but this is just the way it is right now,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing the guy he’s got the most confidence in. We’ve got to make the playoffs, so it’s important to get some wins."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/zubrus_hoping_to_play_through_leg_bruise_brodeur_understands_decision_to_stick_with_schneider/

Oh that selfish whiny Marty at it again.  A good majority of the people here are truly fvcked in the head.  

So, as much as Brodeur would like to play more, he says he “definitely” understands Devils coach Pete DeBoer’s decision to stick with Schneider right now. “I’ve been in that situation,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing really, really well and the coach has confidence in him and that’s the way it goes. That’s the way it works usually.” It’s not that Brodeur thinks that DeBoer doesn’t have confidence in him. “I would hope so, but this is just the way it is right now,” Brodeur said. “He’s playing the guy he’s got the most confidence in. We’ve got to make the playoffs, so it’s important to get some wins."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/zubrus_hoping_to_play_through_leg_bruise_brodeur_understands_decision_to_stick_with_schneider/

Oh that selfish whiny Marty at it again.  A good majority of the people here are truly fvcked in the head.  

Good quote by Marty.

That being said, I do have a suspicion that this was intended to be damage control.

Good quote by Marty.

That being said, I do have a suspicion that this was intended to be damage control.

I don't think that's it.  I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really.  His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some days it's probably easier to accept than others.  Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.   

I don't think that's it.  I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really.  His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some days it's probably easier to accept than others.  Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.   

Marty tends to be humble when talking to the media.  He's also very laid back.  You can always spin something negative to every quote.

I don't think that's it. I think it's simply a case of him trying to adjust to not being the man anymore, and trying to come to terms with it...for the first time in his career, really. His feelings about it are probably all over the place...some dayit's probably easier to accept than others. Only mistake he's really made about it all is giving honest quotes that are open to being scrutinized once they out there for all to see.

true that, when your as good as Marty has been for as long as Marty has been, it's not easy to lose your job. It's hard to find a "real life" equivalent scenario to equate this to, but I don't know how you can expect a player who has played at his level and has had to have a mindset of being the best to step aside easily... It's very rare for these things to go smoothly and I think Marty is making the best if it even if it hasn't been perfectly smooth. Edited by dmann422

Yea Brodeur is totally selfish...total scum

It is unreal how some people have reacted to his disappointment about lack of playing time

I thought I heard the "Hey....you suck!" song. Ah, the good ole days!

Was there a suck/swallow chant after?!

No, they're clearly classier than us folk from dirty Jersey

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

we look flat, need some zone time

To be expected on the second of a back to back I guess.

Hopefully they wake up

Looking a little tired so far.  Still pretty early though, and only down by a goal.  Lots of time to come back.

was on cory for sure. But all the devils seem to be falling. wtf is going on

They hopped on a plane around 2AM our time out of Texas and are playing less than 18 hours later.

Gotta be tough, especially for an old team like this