66 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Too bad Beltran didn't do this as a Met.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Too bad Beltran didn't do this as a Met.

Didn't do what? He was the best center fielder in franchise history and easily among the franchise's greatest overall players. Are you referring to the 2006 postseason? He hit .278/.422/.556 across the NLDS/NLCS. Unfortunately a lot of people forget or ignore that because of his strikeout that ended the season.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I do have to admit thinking of Game 7 when Beltran got that leadoff double last night lol...but Beltran was fine as a Met in the clutch other than the one biggest AB of all. Hell, he even hit .300+ down the stretch in September of '07 when everyone else was gagging :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I can't even fathom how blessed Cardinals fans are. These past 2 years + 2006. They have no right to complain for the next 30 years
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Not the best time for Jose Valverde's HR/FB to regress.

Ridiculous postseason for Ibanez.

Edited by nmigliore, 13 October 2012 - 10:42 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

I can't even fathom how blessed Cardinals fans are. These past 2 years + 2006. They have no right to complain for the next 30 years

Or the Yankees :P Down 4-0 in the ninth, having done nothing all day they've now rallied back to tie with YET ANOTHER two-run HR by Ibanez the tying blow.

I hate bringing closers into non-save situations (barring a tie at home), they're just too programmed these days.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 October 2012 - 10:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

Now THAT...is a brutal loss for the Yankees. I was certain they'd win it after the Ibanez homer...now Jeter looks like he'll be out for a while

Or the Yankees :P Down 4-0 in the ninth, having done nothing all day they've now rallied back to tie with YET ANOTHER two-run HR by Ibanez the tying blow.

I hate bringing closers into non-save situations (barring a tie at home), they're just too programmed these days.

yea me too. And he had no business walking Teixeira. I mean you NEVER put the tying run on base. Lob it up at 82 mph over the middle if you have to, make him hit it. It's 4-2 at that point.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#48 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

And I've never seen yankee stadium emptier for a playoff game. This isn't just 5k visible empties....more like 30k empty when the final out was made. And the tigers had a 4-0 lead at best in the late innings, not a blowout by any stretch.

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Fractured ankle for Jeter. Done for the playoffs.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Didn't do what? He was the best center fielder in franchise history and easily among the franchise's greatest overall players. Are you referring to the 2006 postseason? He hit .278/.422/.556 across the NLDS/NLCS. Unfortunately a lot of people forget or ignore that because of his strikeout that ended the season.

Goes without saying he was the best center fielder in Mets history...it's not like has a lot of competition...he's light years ahead of the Mets' center fielders. He's put up a lot of eye-friendly numbers. Something was missing when he was a Met...I know the sabes guys point to the numbers and the numbers only, and Beltran's numbers are definitely easy on the eyes...but when I saw how pumped he was in that game against the Nationals...he never seemed that way as a Met. Like I said, something was just off with Beltran when he was in New York...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Tigers up 2-0 heading home with Verlander taking the mound for Game 3 against Phil Hughes tomorrow. This could be the series right here.

Cards beat the Giants to open up the NLCS, Game 2 is tonight.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#52 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Not really postseason-related but awful trade by the Diamondbacks today... in a 3-team deal they dealt Chris Young and got back Cliff Pennington and Heath Bell PLUS $13M of Bell's remaining salary. Terrible. Great deal for Oakland.

Edited by nmigliore, 20 October 2012 - 04:29 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#53 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Teams are allowed to make trades during the playoffs?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#54 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Vogelsong pitching really well for the Giants after Zito shut down the Cards the other night; looks like we may be headed for a Game 7. At least one League Championship Series was entertaining :P.

Edited by nmigliore, 21 October 2012 - 08:57 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#55 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

This is from a few days ago, but I had to post it (per Jonah Keri):

All Beltran had done coming into Game 3 was hit .378/.489/.838 with 14 home runs in 30 games, making him the best hitter in playoff history with that many games played.

Edited by nmigliore, 22 October 2012 - 10:08 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#56 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Matheny a little late pulling Lohse and he replaces him with Joe Kelly of all people...

Edit: 6-0 Cards now... Pence's hit was hilarious.

Edited by nmigliore, 22 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#57 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Matheny a little late pulling Lohse and he replaces him with Joe Kelly of all people...

Edit: 6-0 Cards now... Pence's hit was hilarious.

Will Verlander pitch game 1?

#58 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Will Verlander pitch game 1?

Absolutely. Why wouldn't he?

Also: poor Pete Kozma. What a dreadful inning for him.

Edited by nmigliore, 22 October 2012 - 08:32 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#59 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,180 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I have a lot of respect for the Cardinals and Giants and this has been a helluva series. Looks like the Giants are going to the WS to face the Tigers. I always pull for the NL in the WS when the Yankees don't make it since I'm bitter like that. Hopefully my boy Melky Cabrera can get his 2nd WS ring even though he won't be playing.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

And the heavens decided to dump a monsoon on Pac Bell in the ninth inning of a 9-0 game lol. Of course the umps are all but powerless to stop the game since there's little point in an extended rain delay.

Ironically Beltran doesn't make the last out of this LCS working out a walk, and Bochy feels compelled to bring in Romo for the last out with two on and two out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users