Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

Larry Brooks reporting Marek Zidlicky would be on the Rangers' radar if he goes UFA.

That would be such a dumb move. The Rangers can't take on any big multiyear contracts. From what I heard the queen is looking to become the highest paid goalie in the NHL. You figure after they sign their RFAs and let clowe walk They would have around 5 million in Cap. Then the next Year all the big guys need new contracts. They would have to blow up their team.

Assuming Richards is bought out, they could manage Zidlicky at $5 million for 2 or even 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

I don't think Zidlicky's number is $5M, but yeah, the Rangers wouldn't totally struggle to fit him in. A lot depends on Marc Staal's long-term health.  I do think it'd be weird if they had Zidlicky, Stralman, and Del Zotto - feels like one of the latter two would be on his way out of town.

I don't think Zidlicky's number is $5M, but yeah, the Rangers wouldn't totally struggle to fit him in. A lot depends on Marc Staal's long-term health.  I do think it'd be weird if they had Zidlicky, Stralman, and Del Zotto - feels like one of the latter two would be on his way out of town.

I think Del Zotto becomes expendable due to the solid play from Stralman and the acquisition of Moore.

Ill take del zotto. Fayne for him.

Del zotto is a weaker zidlicky. No thanks

Btw I'm a zidlicky fan, I just think we only need one puck mover/pure offensively minded dman and if we can't have a legitimate one like Zid then I don't want a plug like del zotto, foster, etc

Edited by njd3b1ink

Del Zotto is young, playing in a system where it was frowned upon to have the D pinch in and be aggressive. Who knows what his peak is when he is allowed to be aggressive. I can definitely see the Rangers trading him for a high draft pick or some more forward depth since they have Stralman and Moore.

First two full seasons: 123GP 13G 49A  62PTS  +26

Great numbers for a 22 year old defenseman, there will be a lot of takers if he is shopped around.

Edited by Zubie#8

Del Zotto blows and we don't trade with the Rangers anyway, so it's irrelevant.

This.  Del Zotto's a +23 because he plays on a team with the best goalie in the league.  He doesn't drive play at even strength, so whatever he gives you on the offensive end he gives away at the other end - exactly the kind of player I'd like for this team to avoid.  

This. Del Zotto's a +23 because he plays on a team with the best goalie in the league. He doesn't drive play at even strength, so whatever he gives you on the offensive end he gives away at the other end - exactly the kind of player I'd like for this team to avoid.

Thank you

He's a 22 year old defenseman who put up good offensive numbers, many teams would take a chance on him. The Rangers will definitely get something nice in return if they decide to trade him.

At this point, he'll probably yield as much in a trade as Tim Erixson. He can put up points, but he's really a defensive liability.

I actually wonder whether MDZ was offered as part of the Nash trade, but Columbus said no.

Edited by Daniel

Del Zotto blows and we don't trade with the Rangers anyway, so it's irrelevant.

This. Del Zotto's a +23 because he plays on a team with the best goalie in the league. He doesn't drive play at even strength, so whatever he gives you on the offensive end he gives away at the other end - exactly the kind of player I'd like for this team to avoid.

Bingo.

I watch players like Letang and Mike Greene play big minutes and kinda chuckle. They're very good offensively, but such a liability on D, but they still see huge minutes every game.

Del guido sucks... Killed the rangers in the ecf last year

I still couldn't believe how badly he positioned himself on the Henrique goal.

Or how he let Parise squeeze by him on the Zajac goal in game 4. Sort of thing that would banish you to Salvador territory in the eyes of message board posters here.

I still couldn't believe how badly he positioned himself on the Henrique goal.

I thought it was Girardi-McDonagh on the ice for the climactic moment of the series?  Del Zotto did have a million other mistakes in the series (then attributed to his grandmother dying, but he had a similarly bad playoffs this year I think), but that one wasn't him.

I thought it was Girardi-McDonagh on the ice for the climactic moment of the series?  Del Zotto did have a million other mistakes in the series (then attributed to his grandmother dying, but he had a similarly bad playoffs this year I think), but that one wasn't him.

Wait you're right. I was thinking of Girardi behind the net.

There are a few friends of mine that are rags fans that I would consider intelligent hockey fans and they absolutely hate Del Zotto. Then you have the rest if the rags fan base that says he will be the next coming if Brian leetch. I consider myself a Die hard Devils fan but also a hockey fan in general so it's nice to be able to talk about other teams with people that don't spew homer bs all the time. Point I'm getting at is that the rags fans who know the game and watch their team every game all year know that DZ is a total plug. The only people that tell you he is great are the NY media and the dumbass rangers fans that just spew bs all the time.

If we signed Larsson to that deal, he'd be 28, which means we'd only be buying one year.

Since Larsson started playing in 2011-2012 he will hit UFA after the 2017-2018 season.  So a 7 years deal on Larsson's next contract would also buy you 3 UFA years.

Edited by Devils731