My Scott Stevens thread

Pepperkorn

• 1 year later...

Haha -- well hockey is back and I guess I got over my snit - a snit at myself not zammy or anyone else on the board.

ANYHOW - so some people got sort of sad thinking about hunting cute fuzzy animals and so this is an interesting read.  I don't hunt but - having had to eat my dear roosters who turned into real a$$holes I do know how it is to have to eat a dear fuzzy creature.  That's why I hesitate to get my ram.  If we have a bunch of boys they'll have to be dinner at some point.  anyhow... so here:

http://honest-food.net/2013/09/16/hunter-loving-what-we-kill/

I understand how that is.  My daughter is tough... but she said she can't hack a 4-H market lamb project (I add on the "yet"). 

For me, if I'm going to eat meat, I'm going to know the animal.  It's weird but I feel like it's more responsible. I do feel like hunting is the most fair to the animal.

What about unfertilized eggs?  Or is just the concept that grosses you out?

• 1 month later...

Still have some from last year sad to say.  I DID have three pheasant though!  Pheasant trotter pie and Haggis stuffed Pheasant.  Pheasant are easier to pluck than chickens! My husband got the best shot ever for a roasted Pheasant. 

Right now my husband and his brother are really grumpy because their dad just doesn't get hunting and let his local firehouse yahoo buddies hunt on their land -- he thinks there's enough room for everyone on 86 acres.  But these guys bring all of their relatives and jack deer - like three over their limit.  It's a free-for-all and my husband feels like a guest on his own land.  His dad just says it's MY land - when you take it over you can say who hunts and who doesn't. 

We had loggers cleaning up Sandy mess in our woods so even that was out this season.

How about you? 

• 4 weeks later...

funniest dream.  I dreamt I was hosting a party in my childhood home - the Devils were there and the rookies were all fighting with the vets and finally bobby Holik and his wife sort of stomped off - they were in my bedroom and we were trying to figure out how to solve things and I was just letting Bob spout off and blow off some steam. 

Scott Stevens and his wife just extricated themselves and went into my parents bedroom.  Scotty just wanted to watch football.  But thing of it is -- it was my dad's room.  My dad can be cranky and stuff.  My parents weren't home yet and I was trying to get Scott to move to another room with a big screen and no one would bother him but he was all grumpy saying no he just needed the little TV to watch the game and de-stress. Donna was all supplicating and telling me to just give him his space. 

I just sort of shrugged and figured I'd let he and my dad hash it out if he was still there when my parents came home.  I sort of wanted to see who would win in that battle of wills anyhow. :giggle: Then later, I saw my mother and asked if daddy had caught Scott in his room - she said "Oh yeah"  "what did he do?"  "usual"  "did he yell?"  "of course!"  "what did Scott do?"  "He smiled a polite petulant little smile"  then I woke up.  :D

• 4 weeks later...

almost every flippin' night of this holiday I've had Scott Stevens dreams.  I'm hardly even watching hockey.  I did go to a party with my old roller hockey friends, I did watch the winter classic.  I did look for but not find one of the Devils games on TV :noclue:  mostly though I'm sorry to say I'm obsessed with my Pointer dogs (as some of you may have noticed on facebook  :D ) and sheep and my house and stuff -- we had a New Years open house rather than the Christmas eve party.  Made me laugh because it's my husbands tradition - he's swedish decent and he made meatballs salmon Janssens temptation glogg that was kickass (I love Linie aquavit now -- I dont know what we had before but it was shiesse (that's my German heritage there  :P )  ANYHOW -- so we missed the Christmas eve thing -- we were stuck on NY thru way on this adorable sheet of ice and watched three accidents - it was bumper cars -- we got passed the fishtailing Adirondack trailways bus and the road was frighteningly clear - it was just before New Paltz - like one exit distance and we were there at least 2 hours.

ANYHOW!!!   So I DID watch the Devils Christmas tradition things and I thought it was cute that I got to tell my husband the New Years thing wad lithuanian.  We missed Uncle Jan's christmas eve open house and it was just such a bummer.  so....

I live for my daughters hobbies now wich is also actually really fun.  and last nights stevns dream he was ... sort of placing horse bets under my daughters name.  he woudl speak to us or even act like he knew we were there but I'd see this big sign  with our last name on it and what horses we bet on.  and one of his friends - this very fit but cute down to earth blonde lady sat with me talked about Stevens like we were old friends and asked if he was trying to get me on his idoplex work our regimen - she just coudln't stick with it but thank god he did because he was so old yet still so hot!  :rofl:  then she said I was lucky my husband was still young  ^_^ 

OK -- I have just way too much to do so -- this it -- got to get back to work!  I have no idea what I wrote just then I keep getting interrupted -- oh well -- BYE!

as far as hockey -- what can I say -- I think this is the worst because I see the whole thing -- and understand the choices and think it's just crap.  Close enough to right but so far from successful just sucks - I can't take watching it.  it gets me really upset.  And come on,,, it's hockey and has nothing to do with me and even here -- it's stupid to get so really aggravated.  so... I just get temporarily MASSIVELY annoyed when I check the standing on THN app.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

SOOOOO....

In real life, not a dream -- the dogs woke us up barking in the middle of the night Sunday.  All of a sudden out of the blue they got silent so I really woke up - Cory came into my our door way and looked at me like "DUDE!  Are you seeing this?  Are you going to do something or what?"  And that's just not like Emmadog - going silent. I checked on my daughter and she was fine.  Then I looked out our window and saw this adorable big fuzzy doe walking down our driveway and I just thought "you dogs are eejits.  Like you've never seens a deer in our yard?  She was RIGHT in front of our living room window but still.   THEN... a beautiful buck walked into the moonlight he was just an 8 pointer so cute though.  You know what they were doing in our front yard...

I'm a little sad about it just because Monday was the start of open season.  I hope he spread some good genes.

But wait -- there's more!

yes....  yes of course I know dear.  Dear?  GEt IT???  Harharhar!!!

So I was searching for more SCott Stevens interviews Stardew was talkign about and happen upon This:

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/12-deer-zone-9/173875-scott-stevens-sets-jersey-fire-buck-lifetime-down.html

Then this:

http://www.scoutlookweather.com/article.php?article=175

Show my husband - who snorts and says he's just not in to trophy hunting.  He's been saying this a lot lately at hunting club dinners and stuff talking to my dad who isn't into hunting at all - he just hates gore and loves fuzzy animals. 

So now... this morning my husband is starting in... "there are all kinds of deer rubs and we still haven't cleared the Sandy rubble in our woods... so I'm not letting the dogs run around up the hill"   and now he's thinking maybe he should go out this week.  Heehee - his brother saw nothing during bow season - but he only takes one afternoon so really what does he expect.  My husband never got out during muzzle loader - that's his thing.... I dont want one of our yahoos getting that beautiful boy.    I hope he last a while and doesn't have this crazed millionaire with loads of spare time and a calloused ass on his tail ... I'm sure my husband will wuss out -- but the MAN in him wants to bag this guy now... I never should have shown him the Stevens stories  :giggle:

"No.  No. We would NOT be friends.  Guys are not friend with guys their wife thinks is hot.  That just not something guys do."

:rofl:  Oooooh I love my husband  :wub:

Edited by Pepperkorn

I just came across this thread and figured I'd respond to one old point: about needing an exterminator. I can think of lots of reasons barring some horrible infestation. Ants are a real PITA here in the part of Trenton I live in. We also get the odd mouse because we live next to a very large park. Then there are the dear ticks (and other ticks). I've had chronic Lyme Disease for 12 years and my wife and I are going to start looking into getting something oreventative done about ticks so our kids can play more safely outside. Lyme can be devastating and most people don't even know they've been bitten. This is a big problem here in NJ and not enough people know.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I've done my Lyme awareness post for the day. :)

Hmm... I've been falling down on the whole hockey thing much less Stevens...

so I searched on Scott Stevens hunting and found a NJ hunter message board with this (dated from back when his number was being retired)

My question... why would they be needing an exterminator? Eywwee? It's not rural up there....did a few mice freak them out? It's not like it's Manhattan with no convenient exit routes for vermin. ehh whatever.. :noclue:

Searching is weird... what sorts of things might I find? Maybe this is a bad idea... I think Stevens better make sure there's a snippet in the press about him once a month preferably with pictures just to keep me sated so I dont search and find out anything on... oh I dont know a urologist site or something... :yucky:

Yeah -- but this is a dude he acts like he'd re-point his own bricks - and he calls an exterminator?  well -- I guess if you have a big old house with mice,  it'd be hard to find where the little bastards are getting in.  I don't know -- well -- my parents had a opossum keel over under the house and ended up with a HORRIBLE flea infestation. They had to rip their porch apart as well as exterminate.  

we found a gut pile in the woods on Saturday... well Cory the dog did  <_<  :yucky:   I hope it wasn't our big guy.  and I hate jacksses who hunt on our land without asking.  It's because we told them no --- they know no one shotgun hunts here - they're just such effin' yahoos...  I wish the gun club would use our land -- but it's all land-locked so just the neighborhood yahoos not welcome in the club end up in our back yard... man i'd love to smack their stupid sexists faces off

anyhow...  <_<   now I'm all grumpy...

• 3 months later...

Geeeeeez we STILL dont have lambs.  We have sheep ready to pop - but no lambs yet.  I will post pictures when they do.  My girls are unbearably adorable.  I bought a baby monitor for the barn today (after running down to the barn at 3am every day -- I can't resist!)   And I have a buyer for any ram we have since they're pure bred with papers.