I wouldn't mind seeing brodeur leave

peterstastny

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you should be embarrassed to be Devils fans. To pin this Game 7 loss on Brodeur is just plain stupid and some need their heads fvcking examined. Brodeur is not the reason the Devils lost Game 7. It was a team effort and it was mostly the veterans that did not step up, the defense with Mottau, Havelid and White were just terrible for most of this series and of course not scoring on the PP did this Devils team in again in another first round KO.

Brodeur is not the reason here and this really needs to stop because some are looking really clueless right now. Brodeur is the reason the Devils had a Game 7 and was even with Carolina in this series. Brodeur still is one of the best in the NHL and he is the best of all-time. Wake up fans, Brodeur isn't going anywhere.

Edited by SatansDevils

I've yet to see an average team with a great goaltender WIN the Stanley Cup, well at least in the last 16 years. Maybe you can help me out? The best TEAM wins the Cup, it's much more then just goaltending. Could we have used a superhuman performance last night? Yeah maybe. But it would have also helped if our fvcking defense could clear a puck, or if our top line didn't get pinned in their own fvcking zone for over a minute.

I agree. On the other hand, there's been a great team with an average goalie win the Cup. Osgood and Detroit.

Brodeur was solid in net for most of the game and in the 3rd period until there was 1:20 left to go in the game as the team just stood around Brodeur hoping he would save them once again. It is a team effort and the defense and some of the veterans let Brodeur down, so instead of blaming Brodeur, some need to look at players like Havelid, Mottau, White, Zubrus, Elias, Rupp and Holik who played like sh!t in this series. Those are the ones who let this team down and Brodeur. To see some of you devils fans blaming Brodeur for this Game 7 loss is just as shocking as the last 80-seconds of Game 7. Christ!

First off as a Sabres fan and someone who has been through those heart breaking, gut wrenching losses myself (no need to recount them, they speak for themselves), I can honestly say I felt bad for a lot of you last night, when I watched the replay and heard through my friend a Devil fan on the phone as to how it happened in real time, I was completely stunned, and still am.

What I have come to realize about great players is this: Great players generally might not do EVERYTHING at a great level. Of course, Patrick Roy is considered to be one of the best money goalies of all-time, but he had some seasons that were marginal stat-wise. Hasek was a guy who took a team on his back and took marginal teams to the conference Finals, and even the Stanley Cup, but he broke down at times during his career. Marty might not steal more games then other great goalies ever did, but Brodeur does things better then Roy and Hasek ever did. Consistency. Winning. Playing the puck. The point is, it has been proven that Marty isn't the greatest goalie to have in a tight spot at times, or in overtime, but in no way does that mean IMO that he should be shipped out of town etc.

Have some of you forgotten some of the BIG games he won, Game 7 AT Ottawa in the ECF, Game 6 AT Dallas in the 2000 Stanley Cup. I am not a complete expert on Devils history, but I hope you understand where I am going with this.

Just over a month ago, this board celebrated Marty as he should: Most wins of all-time, an electric atmosphere indeed. Now, he needs to be shipped out of town? These are temporary emotions, I know it, and again, I understand.

The point is for Marty, when you have a career that includes a TON of big playoff games, and YEARS of greatness, you win some big games, and you lose some.

If we lose he sucks if we win he's the best. That about sums it up right?

Just said the same thing.

It's the way it always is on this board.

Brodeur does something amazing...everyone sucks his dick.

Brodeur loses a game...everyone wants to trade him.

We have retards as fans.

'7', you've really, really embarrassed yourself the past 12 hours.

I have to disagree with this statement immensely. It is quite inaccurate to suggest this is limited to the past 12 hours.

I think Chimaira hit it spot on. There is nobody better that is available. Unless you think Clemmensen is better. And if you think that I think you need to re-watch the games he played. Yeah, he won, but it was an adventure each and every game.

And these so-called "softies" are let in by every goaltender. Even the god-of-gods Luongo has been letting them throughout the regular season. Brodeur's save percentage was .929 in the 7 games. If you want a goalie that is going to do better than that, you are asking for the near impossible. Even 7's beloved Mike Richter was only .921 in '94. Most years he was far, far below that.

I know he is the face of the franchise, but i think his time here is almost done. I know its easy for people on sportscenter who never watch a devils game then look at brodeurs numbers and say he is the best goalie ever. But for me, i watched 90% of his games here in NJ and he has the numbers but I don't find him to be a great puck stopping goalie.

What i think brodeur is amazing at, is directing rebounds, playing the puck outside the crease, and assisting in breakouts. But when it comes to making the key saves and DEFINITELY not chocking, time and time again he fails. I have been through too many play-off years ending on soft soft goals by him.

He played the majority of his years behind the best defensive core in hockey, look at clemenson this year, he put up identical #'s as brodeur has done for the past years. Brodeur was a young rookie, in the right spot at the right time, just as an amazing defensive team was being born.

Lets get a young kid in here that wants to stand on his head and win a stanley cup

Yeah, Brodeur just woke up one day and won:

3 Stanley Cup rings

4 Eastern Conference championships

10 Atlantic Division banners

Led the Devils to the playoffs 15 out of his 16 years

An Olympic Gold medal

Oh yeah and:

1993-94 NHL Calder Memorial Trophy

1996-97 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy

1997-98 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy

2002-03 NHL Vezina Trophy

2002-03 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy

2003-04 NHL Vezina Trophy

2003-04 NHL William M. Jennings Trophy

2006-07 NHL Vezina Trophy

2007-08 NHL Vezina Trophy

and not to mention:

1993-94 NHL NHL All-Rookie Team (1st)

1996-97 NHL NHL All-Star Team (2nd)

1997-98 NHL NHL All-Star Team (2nd)

2002-03 NHL NHL All-Star Team (1st)

2003-04 NHL NHL All-Star Team (1st)

2005-06 NHL NHL All-Star Team (2nd)

2006-07 NHL NHL All-Star Team (1st)

2007-08 NHL NHL All-Star Team (2nd)

as well as a couple of All-Star appearances:

1996 NHL

1997 NHL

1998 NHL

1999 NHL

2000 NHL

2001 NHL

2003 NHL

2004 NHL

2007 NHL

and we should not forget about a little record called all-time career wins:

1993-94 NHL 27 (10)

1994-95 NHL 19 (5)

1995-96 NHL 34 (3)

1996-97 NHL 37 (2)

1997-98 NHL 43 (1)

1998-99 NHL 39 (1)

1999-00 NHL 43 (1)

2000-01 NHL 42 (1)

2001-02 NHL 38 (2)

2002-03 NHL 41 (1)

2003-04 NHL 38 (1)

2005-06 NHL 43 (1)

2006-07 NHL 48 (1)

2007-08 NHL 44 (2)

Active 557 (1)

Career NHL 557 (1)

not to mention just a few shutouts:

1993-94 NHL 3 (8)

1994-95 NHL 3 (7)

1995-96 NHL 6 (2)

1996-97 NHL 10 (1)

1997-98 NHL 10 (2)

1999-00 NHL 6 (2)

2000-01 NHL 9 (3)

2002-03 NHL 9 (1)

2003-04 NHL 11 (1)

2005-06 NHL 5 (4)

2006-07 NHL 12 (1)

2007-08 NHL 4 (9)

2008-09 NHL 5 (9)

Active 101 (1)

Career NHL 101 (2)

as well as his GAA ranking:

1993-94 NHL 2.40 (2)

1994-95 NHL 2.45 (10)

1995-96 NHL 2.34 (5)

1996-97 NHL 1.88 (1)

1997-98 NHL 1.89 (2)

1999-00 NHL 2.24 (8)

2001-02 NHL 2.15 (6)

2002-03 NHL 2.02 (4)

2003-04 NHL 2.03 (4)

2005-06 NHL 2.57 (10)

2006-07 NHL 2.18 (3)

2007-08 NHL 2.17 (5)

2008-09 NHL 2.42 (10)

Active 2.21 (1)

Career NHL 2.21 (8)

oh and we need to add:

1995-96 NHL 1781 (6)

1996-97 NHL 1513 (10)

1998-99 NHL 1566 (7)

1999-00 NHL 1636 (8)

2000-01 NHL 1596 (6)

2002-03 NHL 1559 (10)

2003-04 NHL 1691 (6)

2005-06 NHL 1918 (2)

2006-07 NHL 2011 (1)

2007-08 NHL 1921 (2)

Active 22954 (2)

Career NHL 22954 (3)

as well as:

1993-94 NHL .915 (4)

1995-96 NHL .911 (7)

1996-97 NHL .926 (3)

1997-98 NHL .917 (5)

2006-07 NHL .922 (3)

2007-08 NHL .920 (8)

Active .914 (5)

Career NHL .914 (6)

And of course we need to add as well:

Most victories, one season:

48 - Martin Brodeur 2006-07

47 - Bernie Parent 1973-74 (Philadelphia)

47 - Roberto Luongo 2006-07 (Vancouver)

46 - Evgeni Nabokov 2007-08 (San Jose)

Most combined regular season and playoff games, one season:

97 - Martin Brodeur 2000-01 (25 playoffs)

97 - Martin Brodeur 2002-03 (24 playoffs)

95 - Martin Brodeur 1999-2000 (23 playoffs)

Most combined regular season and playoff victories, one season:

59 - Martin Brodeur 1999-2000 (16 playoffs)

59 - Bernie Parent, Philadelphia 1973-74 (12 playoffs)

Most combined regular season and playoff victories, career:

702 - Patrick Roy (151 playoffs)

644 - Martin Brodeur (95 playoffs)

Most combined regular season and playoff shutouts, career:

122 - Martin Brodeur (22 playoffs)

115 - Terry Sawchuk (12 playoffs)

Most combined regular season and playoff games played, career:

1,276 -- Patrick Roy (247 playoffs)

1,153 -- Martin Brodeur (169 playoffs)

Most seasons with 30 victories or more:

13 - Patrick Roy

12 - Martin Brodeur

Most consecutive seasons with 30 victories or more:

12 - Martin Brodeur 1995-96 to 2007-08

8 - Patrick Roy 1995-96 to 2002-03

Most seasons with 40 victories or more:

7 - Martin Brodeur

3 - Terry Sawchuk

3 - Jacques Plante

Most consecutive seasons with 40 victories or more:

3 - Martin Brodeur 2005-06 to 2007-08

2 - Terry Sawchuk 1950-51 to 1951-52 (Detroit)

2 - Bernie Parent 1973-74 to 1974-75 (Philadelphia)

2 - Ken Dryden 1975-76 to 1976-77 (Montreal)

2 - Martin Brodeur 1999-2000 to 2000-01

2 - Miikka Kiprusoff 2005-06 to 2006-07 (Calgary)

Most games by a goaltender who has played his entire career for one team:

984 - Martin Brodeur

667 - Mike Richter (NY Rangers)

Most victories by a goaltender who has played his entire career for one team:

549 - Martin Brodeur

302 - Turk Broda (Toronto)

Most shootout victories, career:

27 - Martin Brodeur

26 - Henrik Lundqvist

Most shootout victories, one season:

10 - Martin Brodeur 2006-07

10 - Ryan Miller 2006-07 (Buffalo)

10 - Mathieu Garon 2007-08 (Edmonton)

9 - Marc-Andre Fleury 2006-07 (Pittsburgh)

How was it possible that Brodeur was able to have the most wins in NHL history?

Hmmm, perhaps the rest of the entire world is wrong and you're the correct one. Marty Brodeur is an overrated netminder who really hasn't accomplished anything. Forget about all of his NHL records and trophies, means nothing, huh?

No sense putting on blame on Niclas Havelid who failed miserably twice to clear the zone while the Devils desperately needed a line change. Marty's fault, I know. It also wasn't Havelid's fault for leaving his man uncovered in the slot on an easy tap in goal from Jokinen which tied the game. Again, I know, Marty's fault. Let's also not fault Havelid for not blocking the cross crease pass to his uncovered man with the game and series on the line. Once again, the fault lies with Marty.

Yeah, Brodeur has been a terrible goalie for his entire career, you're right.

I wonder........how the hell can such a horrendous netminder play in this league for so long?

I think Brodeur's ex-wife plays a major role in this (similar to Lauren Pronger) as Marty doesn't play like the same since his EX got the best out of him.

a) since Marty has a no-trade clause, he can re-focus and let's see what happens

b)buy him out. 1.74M cap hit for the next 6 years and sign Clemmer long-term.

I would still think Lou will keep Marty because of the economy struggle and the history of Brodeur

Why the hell would we get rid of Marty? This is rediculous. I know we are all upset but we all need to chill a little bit. It's not all Marty's fault. He can't go down the ice and score or clear the puck out everytime. Our offense and defense needed to step up. Only our offense did yesterday and that was why we lost.

I'd quote Maddog's post, but I don't want to make the page even longer. But yeah, one cannot overlook those accomplishments. Whether he had a trapping defense in front of him or not, that is a sh!tload of accolades most goalies dream of someday attaining. The loss to the fvcking Divecanes was not his fault, nowhere near his fault. The team definitely overachieved this year, and a no-name defense can only carry you so far. That's the reality.

Please stop it already with the "Brodeur should leave" threads.

You make yourselves sound like a$$holes.

Well do me a favor tell me the last time Brodeur has outplayed a goalie in a playoff series?? He was totally outplayed by the Queen last season, and this yr even in the shutout game Ward was right with him, and Ward outplayed Marty for 90 % of this series.

I love Marty, and I am not saying he should just leave, but I will say this, you dont have Stevens, you dont have Neids or Dano, and the NHL is different now the system the Devils played is over and done with.

If you could somehow get MArty to agree to a trade? Aquire a 2nd line center to play with Elias and a solid DMan?? I am sure a team that may be looking to put rear ends in the seats would take him, because Marty would certainly do that for a team, especially coming off the "record". We could live with a Clemmensson for a yr or 2 maybe even 3 if we put the payers around him as well. They certainly played differently for him this yr.

No I hate to say it, and I dont know what I will do with my # 30 Jersey, but it may be time to start to think about life after Marty...

Some of you should be embarrassed to be Devils fans. To pin this Game 7 loss on Brodeur is just plain stupid and some need their heads fvcking examined. Brodeur is not the reason the Devils lost Game 7. It was a team effort and it was mostly the veterans that did not step up, the defense with Mottau, Havelid and White were just terrible for most of this series and of course not scoring on the PP did this Devils team in again in another first round KO.

Brodeur is not the reason here and this really needs to stop because some are looking really clueless right now. Brodeur is the reason the Devils had a Game 7 and was even with Carolina in this series. Brodeur still is one of the best in the NHL and he is the best of all-time. Wake up fans, Brodeur isn't going anywhere.

Brodeur is the reason for the game 7?? Hmmm, I am sorry I disagree here as well. Again I will say I love Marty, but the first game the Devils dominated the forwards all played with passion, the second game both Goalies played well. Game 3 Marty played well, Game 4 he let up at least 1 of the first 3 goals that was soft. I wont even pin the .2 sec on him because he was bumped. He looked average in game 6 ands last night I wont even bring up the tying goal, because the defense couldnt clear the puck, but the 1st and 4th goals were WEAK!!!!!!!!!! say what you want they should be stopped !!!!!!

Edited by PaDevsFan

Madden had a good series and want him back next season. We all know Madden is not a goal scorer, but he does his job on the ice and he plays hard every game.

The Devils and this series sure missed Patrick Elias... Injury excuses or not, he was one veteran that did not show up in this years playoffs and since 702, He has really been non existant for the Devils. So for all that want to blame Brodeur and want to see him gone, take a good hard long look and see what has Elias done in this series? He showed up for Game 1 and then died the last 6-games of the series. He is suppose to be a veteran leader of this team and he was far from that and don't want to keep hearing all the excuses that he is injured. Bullsh!t! maybe Elias needs to look and see what toughness is all about and look no further than Jamie Langenbrunner.

I think Brodeur's ex-wife plays a major role in this (similar to Lauren Pronger) as Marty doesn't play like the same since his EX got the best out of him.

a) since Marty has a no-trade clause, he can re-focus and let's see what happens

b)buy him out. 1.74M cap hit for the next 6 years and sign Clemmer long-term.

I would still think Lou will keep Marty because of the economy struggle and the history of Brodeur

Sure, trade the best player in franchise history and the greatest netminder to ever lace 'em up. Surely that's the answer. Let's not retool the D, which has only two decent blueliners in Paul Martin and Colin White, the rest are not getting it done.

How many back door passed to an uncovered forward or defenseman racing in to the center slot? How many wingers able to race down the boards into the zone? How many times were there no forwards in the slot to bounce on loose rebounds?

Some players, including Brodeur, worked their @sses off: Parise, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Martin, White, Madden, Pandolfo, Gionta, Clarkson, Elias, Shanahan. Guys that should have played better: Rolston, Rupp, Holik. Guys that should go: Havelid, Mottau, Salvador, Zubrus and Oduya if he doesn't pick it up. I'll hold off judgement on Greene.

I would have given Anssi Salmela more time, believe he could be an offensive force from the blue line as he has the talent.

I know he is the face of the franchise, but i think his time here is almost done. I know its easy for people on sportscenter who never watch a devils game then look at brodeurs numbers and say he is the best goalie ever. But for me, i watched 90% of his games here in NJ and he has the numbers but I don't find him to be a great puck stopping goalie.

What i think brodeur is amazing at, is directing rebounds, playing the puck outside the crease, and assisting in breakouts. But when it comes to making the key saves and DEFINITELY not chocking, time and time again he fails. I have been through too many play-off years ending on soft soft goals by him.

He played the majority of his years behind the best defensive core in hockey, look at clemenson this year, he put up identical #'s as brodeur has done for the past years. Brodeur was a young rookie, in the right spot at the right time, just as an amazing defensive team was being born.

Lets get a young kid in here that wants to stand on his head and win a stanley cup

i wouldent mind seeing you leave and get some actual devils fans in here.. you have to stick by your team through the good and the bad to be a devils fan. if you wanna scrap the whole team and startover every year with a bunch of new guys and overpriced freeagents go cheer on the rangers.

Sure, trade the best player in franchise history and the greatest netminder to ever lace 'em up. Surely that's the answer. Let's not retool the D, which has only two decent blueliners in Paul Martin and Colin White, the rest are not getting it done.

How many back door passed to an uncovered forward or defenseman racing in to the center slot? How many wingers able to race down the boards into the zone? How many times were there no forwards in the slot to bounce on loose rebounds?

Some players, including Brodeur, worked their @sses off: Parise, Zajac, Langenbrunner, Martin, White, Madden, Pandolfo, Gionta, Clarkson, Elias, Shanahan. Guys that should have played better: Rolston, Rupp, Holik. Guys that should go: Havelid, Mottau, Salvador, Zubrus and Oduya if he doesn't pick it up. I'll hold off judgement on Greene.

I would have given Anssi Salmela more time, believe he could be an offensive force from the blue line as he has the talent.

What??? You say you will hold off judgement on Green, but Oduya should go?? give me a break. And Broduer is elite, but the best to ever lace them up?? At one point I may hve been persuaded, but I really dont think that way any more, and not just because of last night.

Plain and simple it is just assinine to even think to trade Brodeur or even blame him for Game 7 alone. it was not Brodeur. What is around Brodeur was pure sh!t with Havelid, Mottau and White trying to play defense, the PP that was in the end killing the Devils in certain times of this series and some of the veterans like Elias and zubrus not showing up for this series.

Some just really need to take a break from this season and Game 7 to re-think reality and step away from their PC for a while and see what happens in the off season.