Why don't more teams just injure the other team's goalie

roomtemp

eh as much as I hate the Rangers and the overrated Kreider, that wasn't an illegal play. Yes it was reckless and yes the Rags have too many little fast players who just cannonball into the goalie...but that particular play it was impossible for him to stop

Why it's not done? Because you might not injure their goalie. And then in retaliation they'll come back and definitely injure yours. It's a slippery slope.

Edited by '7'

eh as much as I hate the Rangers and the overrated Kreider, that wasn't an illegal play. Yes it was reckless and yes the Rags have too many little fast players who just cannonball into the goalie...but that particular play it was impossible for him to stop

It was possible for him to not go in skate first. I was just lashing out in the topic title and first post but he definitely could have not gone in skates first like he did. And he keeps getting lucky which proves no karma in this God damn game

yea he didn't have to. But he could've gone in any body part first and injured the goalie. It was a freak play. I mean his goal there is to score not to make sure the Habs goalie is safe. Granted him going in skates first put his own knees and ankles in serious danger...but Kreider is an idiot.

It's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when this is what, the third time he's completely run over a goalie in the past month and a half?  Also I've been playing hockey for 20 years and have never fallen feet first when being tripped from the front.  His weight is on his left skate as the stick comes across his right skate, and then he gets the shot off, and then he dropkicks Price.  Based on his past and the bizarre way he goes down, it is clear to me that he meant to plow into him.

Edited by devilsfan26

just pretend your falling backwards and punt the chin

or flying elbow off the crossbar *eyeroll

is there video of this i missed it, ill look

edit; upon review booooooooooo

Edited by lazer