• Rolston
    • Zubrus
    • Pandolfo
    • Other

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odin be praised. I thought the same thing reading that uninformed post. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

There is no need to take the C off Langenbrunner. He is a very good Captain.

So you agree then that Elias is completely qualified to be captain? But then you say Langs should be captain.. Ahhh I'm missing something

And looking forward, I think Elias is more injury prone which is what I was really talking about in my uninformed post.. We're not selecting who should have been captain in the past are we?.. Pat, while being a great player, is not as able bodied as Langs and I think moving forward it will show more.. He's missed games here and there for little things in the past but in my statement I'm essentially guessing that he gets older, so-to-speak of course

Why has this even come up? Just because Sutter changed the captain when he came in, that means every coach is automatically going to do it? Besides, Jamie had a career year last year and played the last two games of the playoffs after knee surgery. It would be stupid to even consider changing the captain now. Yes at some point Zach can be the captain but there's still time for that.

And I don't think Jacques has done that rotating C thing lately, it was just something for players on an expansion team to aspire towards.

I'd love to hear how people know Langenbrunner was a good leader. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Hey man Langs did a great job collecting the pucks and passing them to teammates during warm-ups.. That's good enough proof for me

Odin be praised. I thought the same thing reading that uninformed post. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

So you agree then that Elias is completely qualified to be captain? But then you say Langs should be captain.. Ahhh I'm missing something

And looking forward, I think Elias is more injury prone which is what I was really talking about in my uninformed post.. We're not selecting who should have been captain in the past are we?.. Pat, while being a great player, is not as able bodied as Langs and I think moving forward it will show more.. He's missed games here and there for little things in the past but in my statement I'm essentially guessing that he gets older, so-to-speak of course

That's a matter of opinion, not fact and not something you specified initially when you said Elias has missed more games. Both Elias and Jamie are getting older and Jamie's been far more banged up throughout his career playing a more physical style so going forward I'd be more concerned about Langs' durability than Elias's.

What makes you think Elias is more injury prone? Langs has had knee problems for many years now, Elias has no major physical problem to speak of. Langs also plays a more physical style which leads to a higher likelihood of injury.

Langenbrunner is also older, so if you're worried about age making them more injury prone you would worry more about him.

Langs averages ~72 games a season and Elias averages ~74 games a season. This is especially important since Elias has 1 season where he missed huge amounts of time and Langs had many little ones. If we take out each players worst season then Lang's is ~74 games and Elias is ~78 games.

You're going to have to work really hard to show why this feeling about Elias' health is just going to materialize now.

That's a matter of opinion, not fact and not something you specified initially when you said Elias has missed more games. Both Elias and Jamie are getting older and Jamie's been far more banged up throughout his career playing a more physical style so going forward I'd be more concerned about Langs' durability than Elias's.

This whole thread is about people's opinions :lol: I even added the "I think" part in an attempt to avoid the seemingly inevitable..

Even with Elias having that injury the end of the season this year? Like I'm trying to say- Only time will tell. You're betting he'll be fine and I'm betting he gets hurt.. He's my favorite skater so it's not like I'm rooting for it but it's my prediction.. Let's see who turns out to be correct

should Jamie keep it or should it go back to Elias?

Well now that the xenophobe Sutter is back home at his ranch, give it back to Elias. Langs could be an "A" but for me he takes too many stupid penalties that cost us dearly, he's too hot-headed. Captains should lead by example, mouthing off to the refs is not it.

If Luongo is captain of the nucks why can't Marty be ours.

Because we catered to the prick's ego ENOUGH, and it's done more harm then good already???

I hope and pray team Canada let's the puffy padded hometown butterfly douche start in the Olympics... we may actually get a quality mb30 in the stretch for once :P

as for the C itself... leave the damn thing alone!! Elias struggled MIGHTILY with it at first.... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

Aw, now you guys are going to make me root for Pat to get hurt and that's not very nice.. :giggle:

I guess in the end either one will be fine.. Although the boards seem to have overwhelming feelings for Jamie keeping it

Steady on Colin, we'd miss Elias a hell of a lot more than we'd miss Langs :pray:

I don't really have a problem with Langs being Captain, but his stupid penalties annoy me. What I didn't like was the way Sutter took the captaincy away from Elias.

I think the whole discussion about Elias being more injury prone is because every season Elias will miss a game or two throughout the season whether he is sore or has the flu. I know Elias isn't injury prone but I see where Colin 226 is coming from.

I think the whole discussion about Elias being more injury prone is because every season Elias will miss a game or two throughout the season whether he is sore or has the flu. I know Elias isn't injury prone but I see where Colin 226 is coming from.

and Paul Martin takes at least one two-week mental health break a season. It is what it is.

Langenbrunner was a decent captain last season after being a god-awful one the first year (the purse-fight with Gomez during the playoffs was embarassing), might as well let him keep it.

but if Rolston is Lemaire's bastard son like Langs was Sutter's, watch out.

Langs. Because I think that it worked last year, and he's on our top line and it's good to have that consecrated leadership that he can pass to Zach when he's good and ready. While I think Elias is deservant, I think if we can avoid changing it we should, for some consistency if nothing else.

What I don't get is why everyone thinks Jamie is a good captain? Just cause he produced for one season, because of his playing style? The fact is he takes stupid penalties at the worst possible time, and he whines often. Look, I love the guy but Elias is a more logical answer. He's been here way longer, he plays in every situation (I''m aware Langs does too), but in my opinion he leads by example. Sure he may not be the most vocal player but neither was Stevens. I think his loyalty is amazing and it definitely rivals Marty's.

See, someone who knows.. Devs4LIFE is the man :evil::clap:

What I don't get is why everyone thinks Jamie is a good captain? Just cause he produced for one season, because of his playing style? The fact is he takes stupid penalties at the worst possible time, and he whines often. Look, I love the guy but Elias is a more logical answer. He's been here way longer, he plays in every situation (I''m aware Langs does too), but in my opinion he leads by example. Sure he may not be the most vocal player but neither was Stevens. I think his loyalty is amazing and it definitely rivals Marty's.

Show me evidence that Elias would do any better. His numbers haven't exactly been stellar either.

...and if "time on the job" counts why didn't they just make Brylin captain?

I think the whole thing is pretty moot, and a captaincy change is probably the last thing this team needs with a new coach.

I just don't see any mounting evidence that Elias would do or did any better. Langs has grown into it - and that's no easy task.

I like him and all, but, Elias doesn't seem to show any more leadership than any of the other players on this team IMHO.

BTW, if arthroscopic surgery in less than a week to get back on the ice for playoffs doesn't say leadership - I don't know what does....

Edited by DevilinLA

Because we catered to the prick's ego ENOUGH, and it's done more harm then good already???

I hope and pray team Canada let's the puffy padded hometown butterfly douche start in the Olympics... we may actually get a quality mb30 in the stretch for once :P

as for the C itself... leave the damn thing alone!! Elias struggled MIGHTILY with it at first.... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

C'mon Marty deserves the "C", he has earned it. It won't effect his play in the least. He will take a position that it stands for COACH not Captain.

Show me evidence that Elias would do any better. His numbers haven't exactly been stellar either.

...and if "time on the job" counts why didn't they just make Brylin captain?

I think the whole thing is pretty moot, and a captaincy change is probably the last thing this team needs with a new coach.

I just don't see any mounting evidence that Elias would do or did any better. Langs has grown into it - and that's no easy task.

I like him and all, but, Elias doesn't seem to show any more leadership than any of the other players on this team IMHO.

BTW, if arthroscopic surgery in less than a week to get back on the ice for playoffs doesn't say leadership - I don't know what does....

Really, I'm pretty sure Elias is our all time leading scorer. And obviously Elias does have leadership qualities or else Julien wouldn't have named him captain.