NFL Week 10!!!

CRASHER

The NFL season has reached double digits…already (no season ever moves faster than the NFL does….man if I had a dollar for each time I said that one right?)…and as much as the NFL would like to sweep names and incidents like Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson under the rug and never be heard from again…the lawsuits and court incidents pop up as constantly as inflated touchdown numbers and ridiculous London Football Games…..and EVERYONE’S “favorite”….the SUPER POPULAR SIX TEAM BYE WEEK…. *sigh*….so without the Pats, Chargers, Colts, Vikings, REDSKINS and new QB in Houston….at least all the bullsh!t the NFL pumps out in a week keeps me nice and angry to get through these previews…..

Thursday Nov 6:

Cleveland at Cincinnati:

My God…the Browns in a RELEVANT November game??? DAMN!!! The Browns haven’t won a divisional game on the road since 2008 (or 2009, either way its been a while and it’s not worth rewinding NFL AM for)…and go figure….the last team they beat on the road….the Bengals…..and before I forget….why in the HELL is Greg Little saying ANY kind of garbage about the Browns this week?? Seriously dude you dropped  the pen filing your release paperwork…..you’ll either be inactive or run blocking if you do get your sorry ass on the field tonight (in fact…please play 40 snaps I wanna see the Browns win, you can help that!)…..and as always with Thursday Games ….plenty of players who can’t heal between Sunday and Thursday…. Cameron (OK, he thinks he’s Batman and may be out for a long time)….Bernard….. Hawkins….I can go on too, but we only really care about fantasy players and results…the Browns offense misses their Center….the Bengals defense misses being GOOD…this game should be fairly competitive and actually quite good…..this annoys me because my ENTIRE WEEK OF PICKS seem to hinge on how I do in this dogcrap Thursday games…..I’ll go to my fallback policy….when in doubt go with the home team when it’s close….ESPECIALLY when my heart wants me to go the other way…..

Winner:  Bengals

Game Quality:  ** (....dammit this game would be better on SUNDAY)

Sunday Nov 9:

1pm:

Kansas City at Buffalo:

Damn the good and pivotal games are flowing this week aren’t they?? (Including some big Conference tie breaker games for down the road)….hell in a lot of way these teams mirror each other….efficient “caretaker QB’s”  run the offense and rely on running the ball (though KC does it better…Buffalo does have better WR options….but only so many times can you RKO OUT OF NOWHERE…right?)….aggressive pass rushes (with the Bills being a bit better against the run)…..Andy Reid is probably the better coach, but only if the original game plan works….he’s a terrible adjustment coach…. Fred Jackson is possible to return (he’d better….their next game is the next damned Thursday Night game)…I should pick KC just as a payback for all of Sanborn’s Chief hate/jealousy from last season….and all his ravings about what a trash team the Chiefs really were…..and boy it would be a knife in the wound wouldn’t it??

Winner:  Buffalo

Game Quality:  ***

Miami at Detroit:

HUGE game here….Detroit finally gets Calvin-Tron back….and maybe their offense can start living up to their billing…..meanwhile Ryan Tannehill is finally starting to look like a 1st Round QB…Lamar Miller is running the ball like he was expected to last year….the problem is….just when you think Miami is there and looking like they’re a player in the AFC….they then fall hard and flat on their ass the next week….in a way a road game vs the NFC is the game you’d rather lose if you could pick and choose, this might be one of those “under” games if you catch my gambling hint there….I do trust Tannehill more than I do Stafford right now….but my “toss up goes to the home team” theory has served my picks well….I’ll stick with that….

Winner:  Lions

Game Quality:  ** (the the under!!!!)

49ers at Saints:

….So the 49ers go on a bit of a losing streak and the anti-Harbaugh comments start flying out of Niners camp….and this time its from Jerry Rice…..hey Jim, you gonna swear and call Jerry Rice all the crap you called Deion when he called you out?? Frank Gore is screaming for the ball, and Colin Kapernick is forgetting you need to hold on to the damn thing when you cross the goal line (God damn yes I LOVED seeing that play a hundred times over!) …meanwhile the Saints have won two in a row and could be on the verge of starting a run where they stomp the rest of the NFC South dead (now if only they’d do a curb stomp over a bunch of cinder blocks like Seth Rollins did….also I nominate Mike Smith to be the guy who gets stomped through the cinder blocks!)…and start a 5 of 7 game stretch at home…..all drama and theatrics aside the Niners just don’t match up with the Saints weapons and the sooner you put the game in Kapernick’s hands, the faster it spirals out of control for San Fran (and before his defenders get mad at me…..14 sacks in the last 2 games, only 504 yards passing and a mere 2 TDs, least he’s only been picked once….guess you can’t get picked or throw it incomplete if you’re knocked on your ass)…and I went all this time without even MENTIONING Drew Brees…..dang…..

Winner:  Saints

Game Quality:  ***

Pittsburgh at NY Jets:

So let’s see….Big Ben now has 12 TD passes in his last two games…that’s kinda record-setting (for now….also keep this in mind, Ben’s had as many 6 TD games as there were in both the 80’s and 90’s of two each….yeah there’s no need for balance in the NFL….riggghhtttt)……and the Jets tend to give up as many on the defensive end…..Jets fans are buying FIRE EVERYONE signs and spending 10 grand a clip at it….good to see jet Nation unify at least….yeah this won’t be pretty and with the Jet bye upcoming, people could start getting fired…this is a THANK THE ALMIGHTY FOR THE NFL RED ZONE game!

Winner:  Steelers

Game Quality:  DUD

Atlanta at Tampa Bay:

In what could be the anti-football game of the YEAR…I don’t know if I can say ANYTHING good about either of these two crap teams….well Matt Ryan and Julio Jones…wheeee!!! Wait…Tampa’s going back to McNown?? Good Christ…this game got uglier!!!  Wow breaking down the stats on this team is like a 10 foot wide pizza of horrific-ness!!! But in all oddity, the Falcons are 2-0 in the division (again sh!tting on the NFC South oh so kindly….)….and yeah I wanted to lean on the home team, but I just can’t..plus I’m starting Matt Ryan SOMEWHERE dammit…….

Winner:  Falcons

Game Quality:  Anti-Football  GOLD!

Dallas vs Jacksonville Via London:

So it looks like the Cowboys saw enough of Brandon Weedon in one ugly week (though to be fair Arizona does have a good defense…ahhh… screw it….Weedon should go back to writing Buffy and Firefly…)…and I gotta admit…if Romo didn’t play this week I was taking Jacksonville….they’re playing better…they have a tough defense….a young offense….and better….and more dangerous ….NOTHING TO LOSE here….plus they’re playing in front of their eventual home fans….what better way to show London some love then beating on “America’s Team” for the masses when America keeps sending them garbage football? But no….as long as Romo isn’t split in two like some crappy Houdini magic trick….the Cowboy offense is just too good….and can you imagine the chaos if Dallas lost three in a row….and had a total stinker across the pond?? God yes I can….but it won’t happen…….

Winner:  Dallas

Game Quality:  DUD (why do we hate England so much?? Really??)

Baltimore at Tennessee:

The Titans front office should be calling the Jets and Raiders Front Office on a daily basis….why you ask? The Jet and Raider woes have totally made us not notice how damned HORRIBLE the Titans are…QB play so bad they legit MISS Ryan INT’s-Patrick (couldn’t go a whole week without saying it…byes be damned!)….you know what, there’s too many GOOD games this week to waste time talking about this one…the Titans suck and the Ravens need to get past the butthurt Big Ben put on them last week…and hey allowing 6 TD passes in two weeks sounds a LOT better right??? :D

Winner:  Ravens

4pm:

Denver at Oakland:

Yeah I get it…the Raiders are playing better…..David Carr is actually looking like an NFL QB and all that crap….but this is an annoyed Denver team that got sent limping back to the West Coast by UNICORNS!! BABY SHOWERS!!! SCOTT ZOLAK!!....well and the Pats too…it’s kinda funny…..there’s reason to be hopeful for the Raiders…and they STILL might go 0-16 in the process….that’s just bizarre (their schedule is BRTUAL for the rest of the season)…..least the Raiders can get a nice ransom for that first pick in the off-season….and Peyton Manning can go feel better and set some other crap offensive record in this no defense era in the NFL….

Winner:  Broncos

Arizona at St. Louis:

Here’s a small fun fact, the Rams have won their last two NFC West games with the Niners and Seattle, yes it took some smoke and mirrors with gimmick punt returns and Colin Kapernick coughing up the ball like I had a voodoo doll of him…hrrmmm…that’s an awesome idea….gotta look into that….not to mention the Rams pass rush has come back to life in the last few weeks…the offense has a little juice with Tre Mason running the ball ….I’m not trying to sell Arizona short….they have beaten some serious teams on their way to 7-1 (and…well…Dallas too….that just shows they can beat the bad teams too), but sometimes you just look at a matchup and for some reason you just smell the upset….this is one of those games…..St Louis plays their best in that division and the pass rush should get to Carson Palmer and disrupt things….and it would be fitting since the football world is about ready to crown the Cardinals and start talking about a Super Bowl Home Game….this loss will quiet that kinda lunacy talk….

Winner:  Rams (it’s a gut feeling….go with it)

Game Quality:  **

NY Giants at Seattle:

As much as people are talking about the decline of the Seahawks this year and they haven’t had it easy for sure…..their defense is still putting up good numbers…. 4th in run defense (83 yds/game)…6th in pass defense at 220 a game…the turnovers aren’t there this year (and not as much the sacks but damn that makes their defensive numbers all the even more impressive)…and while Seattle’s pass offense is still pretty horrid (and no it stunk WITH Harvin, so hush that)….the offensive line is getting healthier…and this is the Giants we’re talking about….so I’ll say ONE nice thing about them…..El-I-N-T hasn’t thrown his namesake in four games….that does make me sad….I guess he’s due….and there’s no reason to give the Giants a chance in hell here….their running game stinks, and the Giants drop enough passes to make you think they have a team of Greg Little’s (see that, I made you read the Cleveland preview to get the reference…HA!)….this should be a “feel and get better” game for Seattle….much like playing the Giants was last year for them……

Winner:  Seattle

Game Quality:  DUD (God the 4pm games SUCK this week)

8pm:

Chicago at Green Bay:

I hope Jay Culter avoided the civilized universe for the last two weeks….there’s been nothing but rage, fury and hatred all over the place for him when the Bears are mentioned (get used to it bears fans…you got at LEAST three more seasons of this….)…but Cutler screwing up the offense is only half the problems in Chicago….and now they have to go to Green Bay and deal with maybe the most complete and dangerous offense in the league….and A-Rod got an extra week to heal up his limping hamstring….this won’t be a pretty game….but if Cutler implodes again….damn it will be fun to watch! The Packers will be able to do whatever the hell they want on offense….and Cutler will give it back to them on defense….Chicago fans might just wish that Jay Cutler pulls a CM Punk and just up’s and walks away never to be seen again…..

Winner:  Packers

Game Quality:  *** (Cutler drama is more watchable!!)

Monday Nov 3:

Carolina at Phily:

THE MARK SANCHEZ ERA IN PHILY HAS BEGUN!!!!!! And talk about the perfect team to get weaned into the job with right??...Terrible against the run and the pass….bad running the ball…but hey they’re almost average passing the ball in Carolina….the awful team we all expected at the start of the season has kinda popped out now (but God help them that division is so horrible they’re still in the fight)…the Eagles may not defend much….but the running game is coming around, and Sanchez should be good enough to get the ball to all those WR weapons…and hell what better way to kick the Jets when they’re down then to see Sanchez put up a 40-burger….with a side of nachos!

Winner:  Eagles

Game Quality:  *

NFL Week 8 Power Rankings:

AFC:

1. New England….looking good, but I’m not sold fully yet…..
  2. Denver….I don’t think this will last long….
  3. Indianpolis….got better against the awful Giants, but needs to clean up their play
  4. Pittsburgh….air Ben!
  5. Miami….3 in a row …..

NFC:

1. Arizona…the most untalked about “best team in the league”
  2. Detroit….sometimes a week off makes you look better…..
  3. Phily…. Our backup’s better than yours!!!
  4. Seattle….getting healthy and beating up on the softer part of the schedule….
  5. Green Bay… A-Rod relaxed his hammie for two weeks!!
Edited by CRASHER

You guys wasted your night on the Devils, this game has been pure hilarity!! Dalton was at 28 percent completion before those last four passes....the Bengals look TERRIBLE!

This game's at home too, jesus christ they must be booing him out of the state.

There's actually a VERY strong Browns presence at the game....heard them a lot in the first half....I think the Bengals fans said screw this cold and left.....

NFL Network put up Dalton's prime time numbers:  2-9 record, 8 TD, 14 INT.  Dalton from Roadhouse would've had a better game. 

How DUMB is Jeremy Hill?? Shut up, go home and get the hell out of the way when Gio gets bad....you just got your face pushed in by that "not so good team" you fraking moron....stop talking to Greg Little post-game :P

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/jeremy-hill-browns-were-worse-than-i-thought/

Doesn't matter really. Less then 15 qbs hit over 4,000 a year. He throws a lot of picks and he BARELY throws to the first ballot HOF Fitz these last two years. Palmer is actually a good QB. Not real good. But good enough to scare corners with that arm.

4,000 yards is incredibly average in this "defense is illegal" NFL

Marino and Elway would throw for 7,000 yards if they played today.

This is like the Steroid Era in baseball for QBs, only without the 'roids.  You've got your "crossover" players like Manning and Brady, who started their careers when playing defense was still allowed, so although their final career numbers are still going to be outrageous, they won't be completely goofy.

Aaron Rodgers, on the other hand...this guy might finish with a +350 TD-INT differential...think 470 TD and 120 INT (he's already +152 and probably has at least 5 years left).  Manning should be +300 or better by the end of his career (+291), and Brady has an outside shot at it (+244).  No one else really has a clear shot at +300, but guys like Brees (+193), Rivers (+129), and Big Ben (+116) have a great shot at being in the +200 club...Brees might reach +250. 

Of course, it wasn't so long ago that just throwing for 250-300 TD was a major achievement (just 15 QBs in the history of the NFL have thrown for over 250 TDs)...forget about throwing for 250 more TDs than INTs.  10 years from now, the leaderboard for TD passes is going to get VERY crowded with current QBs.  Peyton will be #1; Brady/Brees will be #3/4; Eli, Rivers, Big Ben and Rodgers will all be in the Top 10 easily (Testaverde is current 10th with 275 TDs).  Hard to think Matthew Stafford doesn't crack the Top 10 someday as well...hell, even Average Joe Flacco might compile his way into that list.  It's a vastly different NFL for sure now.