2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

I'm not an Edwards fan and he did have a stupid penalty but **** all these morally superior people like Mike Francesa who wanted us to sit him despite the fact nobody else gets punished for their DUI's. And I LOVED the Jason Taylor Gatorade bath, only Rex would do that :lol:

Sanchez has done a 180 degree turnaround even from the preseason - 6 TD's and 0 INT's so far :blink: For once the offense bailed out the defense instead of the other way around.

Dolphin fans, you can't be happy with Sparano. I think they absolutely blew this game with that awful wildcat. Took the ball out of the hands of Henne, who killed the Jets all game.

The wildcat did stall some drives where the fish ate up the clock and wore down the Jets D, just like last season. Plus the fact that Pace, Jenkins(who will be gone all season) and Revis were out helped the fish out...as did a lot of poor calls. If Revis playsh e probably holds Marshall to 5 or less catches, Cromartie could be cycled between Bess and Hartline and this game isn't quite as close.

Ricky Williams also looks to have lost a step

and our pass rush completely vanished after the 1st quarter...but the fish were keeping Fasano in to block more often (he usually hurts us)

Edited by '7'

The wildcat did stall some drives where the fish ate up the clock and wore down the Jets D, just like last season. Plus the fact that Pace, Jenkins(who will be gone all season) and Revis were out helped the fish out...as did a lot of poor calls. If Revis playsh e probably holds Marshall to 5 or less catches, Cromartie could be cycled between Bess and Hartline and this game isn't quite as close.

Ricky Williams also looks to have lost a step

and our pass rush completely vanished after the 1st quarter...but the fish were keeping Fasano in to block more often (he usually hurts us)

The Edwards tripping call didn't irritate me. That was stupid on his part. The Slauson hold was crap on the Sanchez TD run.

600_rex.JPG

Let me start off my Monday rant by repeating something I said a week ago: --I did NOT think the Jets were going to win this game at all. And despite a hard fought victory by my beloved boys.. I'm going to curse the darkness rather than light a candle.

To the Miami Dolphins team.. coaches.. players.. staff.. upper management.. fans.. and the entire organization.. *You're an embarrassment!

Last night, against my half polished Jets.. with your team having all the momentum.. all the praise.. home field advantage.. and referees whom literally gave you points. You faced a New York team, without Calvin Pace.. Kris Jenkins.. Darrelle Revis.. Santonio Holmes.. etc, and you flat out FAILED! You aught to be ashamed of yourselves. What a complete disgrace last night must've been for you. There you are.. on 1st & goal.. with 6 yrds to go.. and you choked! Chocked 4 consecutive times. Choked with a capital 'C.

On national TV, in front of 30 other teams.. the Jets showed the world how you beat Miami................. Throw.. the.. ball! Whether it's cross-patterns.. screens.. dink-&-dunks.. or flat out bombs.. the blueprint is there. Throw on Miami. Period!

The Jets scored 31 points, but they really should've had 10 more! (a TD called back, and a blocked FG) When it came to the run.. the Jets looked helpless. However, the moment we start throwing.. the fish were fried!

Sparano found out the hard way, the Jets aint Buffalo. Other than Henne, the teal-twinks are frauds.. pure and simple. --And yet, as good as their quarterback looks (and I admit, he looks like he has all the tools) your back-@ssward coach continues to hand`cuff him, and kill his momentum, with that ridiculous wildcat gimmick that you people have been force-feeding for the last 2 years.

I can't explain how important last nights' game was. Go look at the fins schedule the rest of the way: New England.. Green Bay.. Pittsburgh.. Cinncy.. Baltimore.. Tennessee.. Chicago.. I love it!

-------------------------------------

So now the Jets go into Buffalo, #1 in the Division. A victory would not only maintain their lead over the Dolphins & Patriots.. but would keep them atop the Conference aswell. (only KC & Pitt have more wins than the Jets) The shame of this all, is we should be 3-0.. instead of 2-1.

If they take care of business against the Bills.. I'm feeling really good playing Minnesota. Sh!t, if Miami can beat them.. the Jets should kill them.

EDIT:

........*W.W.W.

*Wearing the *White, *Works! You want to talk about karma, luck, & superstition? Well here's some good ju`ju for Rex Ryan to chew on... -The Jets are 7-1 this season when sporting the white-pants\white-jersey combo. Let's take a page out of the Cowboys book... DON THE WHITEOUT UNI's 24\7! Not the green-pants\white-jersey combo.. Not the white-pants\green-jersey combo.. and Not the green-pants\green-jersey combo. All White! Clean & Mean that's the motto. Make the opposing team think an avalanche is coming for them. It almost looks like the Colts when they do the whiteout. (being that Indy & the Jets helmets are both white also) Instill fear, make it the teams' M.O. They've lost only 1 time this season when wearing them, and 1 time (Chargers) last season when wearing them. Rock the White! You have to wear the away white's anyway when you're the road team, and when you're the home team.. you can wear whatever hell you want. Dallas has been doing the same thing for a hundred years.

....Gang Green White!

big bump. 2 straight wins sporting the white. :D

Edited by Beezer34

Dolphin fans, you can't be happy with Sparano. I think they absolutely blew this game with that awful wildcat. Took the ball out of the hands of Henne, who killed the Jets all game.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/The-WildCat-Needs-To-Die-And-Other-Things-We-Learned-Sunday-Night-103934989.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/28/1845675/is-struggling-wildcat-close-to.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/81821/index.html

tombstone.png

"The Wildcat.. KILL IT! The Dolphins ran it seven times for 3 yards, at some of the most inexplicable times. Like the red zone, leading in part to the Dolphins having had the ball inside the 7 twice and only coming away with three points. Dan Henning called an otherwise good game. He's been absolutely brilliant many times. But Henning developed the formation to compensate for the lack of a passing game, and the Dolphins have one now. They had one the whole game. The Wildcat's no longer a surprise or effective. It's a drive-killer. With Chad Henne in a rhythm, there is never a good reason to have Ronnie Brown chucking it downfield in the third quarter while down just one point."

--------------------------------------------------

"..yesterday Dolphins running back Ricky Williams joined the show to discuss the season and more. Williams had very interesting comments on the Wildcat.

"The Wildcat is dead," Ricky Williams said. "It's evolved. It's different now. It's called our regular offense basically. I don't think it should have a name. When people get in the I-formation it doesn't have a name. It's just the I-formation."

"The Wildcat is close to extinction. There's no two ways about it. The Dolphins used the package 8 times on Sunday.. with 2 yards on five runs, an incomplete pass and two penalties for 20 yards. But really this shouldn't be entirely about only one game. Miami has had plenty of games in the past when the Wildcat didn't work. There's no masking its ineffectiveness."

Edited by Beezer34

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/The-WildCat-Needs-To-Die-And-Other-Things-We-Learned-Sunday-Night-103934989.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/28/1845675/is-struggling-wildcat-close-to.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/81821/index.html

tombstone.png

"The Wildcat.. KILL IT! The Dolphins ran it seven times for 3 yards, at some of the most inexplicable times. Like the red zone, leading in part to the Dolphins having had the ball inside the 7 twice and only coming away with three points. Dan Henning called an otherwise good game. He's been absolutely brilliant many times. But Henning developed the formation to compensate for the lack of a passing game, and the Dolphins have one now. They had one the whole game. The Wildcat's no longer a surprise or effective. It's a drive-killer. With Chad Henne in a rhythm, there is never a good reason to have Ronnie Brown chucking it downfield in the third quarter while down just one point."

"..yesterday Dolphins running back Ricky Williams joined the show to discuss the season and more. Williams had very interesting comments on the Wildcat.

"The Wildcat is dead," Ricky Williams said. "It's evolved. It's different now. It's called our regular offense basically. I don't think it should have a name. When people get in the I-formation it doesn't have a name. It's just the I-formation."

"The Wildcat is close to extinction. There's no two ways about it. The Dolphins used the package 8 times on Sunday.. with 2 yards on five runs, an incomplete pass and two penalties for 20 yards. But really this shouldn't be entirely about only one game. Miami has had plenty of games in the past when the Wildcat didn't work. There's no masking its ineffectiveness."

i agree they need to give Henne the ball more and let him control the offense

It's funny, we haven't heard from MadDog.. It's a Miami DolFAGS trait to talk sh!t, then lose, and go m.i.a.

..he's waiting, in hope that we lose on Sunday against the Bills. Should that happen, he'll resurface again. Until then, let him hide. smiley-cool06.gif

He's read all our posts though since Sunday night. That you can COUNT ON!

Edited by Beezer34

trevor-pryce-100407.jpg

Trevor Pryce signs with the New York Jets!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5632728&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I am so pumped about this signing. HUGE move imo. This should help fill of the void of Kris Jenkins, in spades. Pryce is an established player, with 4 Probowls & 2 Superbowls on his resume. He ranks 3rd in Sacks among active players in the NFL with 90.. and the 7 sacks he had last season, were enough to lead the Baltimore Ravens in that category.

This was a big misstep by the Ravens. The only reason why Pryce was cut, was to make room for Hamlin. The Ravens management themselves called the release; "temporary". His locker wasn't even cleaned out!! -lol :giggle:

Edited by Beezer34