2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

trevor-pryce-100407.jpg

Trevor Pryce signs with the New York Jets!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5632728&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I am so pumped about this signing. HUGE move imo. This should help fill of the void of Kris Jenkins, in spades. Pryce is an established player, with 4 Probowls & 2 Superbowls on his resume. He ranks 3rd in Sacks among active players in the NFL with 90.. and the 7 sacks he had last season, were enough to lead the Baltimore Ravens in that category.

This was a big misstep by the Ravens. The only reason why Pryce was cut, was to make room for Hamlin. The Ravens management themselves called the release; "temporary". His locker wasn't even cleaned out!! -lol :giggle:

He has been reduced to a third down player. I loved Trevor (this is a good pick-up) for the Jets, but he is NOT the run stopper that Jenkins was this is equivalent of signing Jason Taylor again. He is a pass rusher first.

I think it adds depth to DE, BUT we'll have to wait and see.. I too am skeptical.

We'll see if he's got anything left. I am skeptical.

35 years old. cant help but be skeptical joe

Gentleman, check the track-record of Jet acquisitions this season. We were all skeptical when the organization began signing players as if it were 2006, instead of 2010. But you know what?

*Nick Folk's accumulated 20 points in 3 games. The only FG he missed was 60 yrds! (blocked)

*Cromartie's got 2 interceptions, in 3 games played.

*Jason Taylor's recorded 2 sacks and 1 stripped fumble, playing at about 75%.

*In the 1½ games that Pool has played.. he's got a bunch of tackles, AND a pick.

*LT's notched a 5.6 yards-per-carry average. (3rd best in AFC) He's wrestled the starting job from Greene.

Edited by Beezer34

Gentleman, check the track-record of Jet acquisitions this season. We were all skeptical when the organization began signing players as if it were 2006, instead of 2010. But you know what?

*Nick Folk's accumulated 20 points in 3 games. The only FG he missed was 60 yrds! (blocked)

*Cromartie's got 2 interceptions, in 3 games played.

*Jason Taylor's recorded 2 sacks and 1 stripped fumble, playing at about 75%.

*In the 1½ games that Pool has played.. he's got a bunch of tackles, AND a pick.

*LT's notched a 5.6 yards-per-carry average. (3rd best in AFC) He's wrestled the starting job from Greene.

Wow. A 2 game winning streak and we are back to "singing it".

The Buffalo game is the annual meltdown for the Jets. Lets just see if the tradition continues.

Wow. A 2 game winning streak and we are back to "singing it".

:unsure:

Who said anything about the Jets having 2 wins in-a-row?? :noclue: I'm simply pointing out how the new acquisitions have looked for the Jets going into Week 4. From what I've seen thus-far in training camp.. preseason.. and now the regular season.. they look good.

Not sure if I was "singing" anything except the signing of Pryce, and the competence of Taylor, Cromar, LT & Folk. :mellow:

Did you expect anything less?

..stick to the g-men sweetheart. PLENTY there to keep you busy. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

Who said anything about the Jets having 2 wins in-a-row?? :noclue: I'm simply pointing out how the new acquisitions have looked for the Jets going into Week 4. From what I've seen thus-far in training camp.. preseason.. and now the regular season.. they look good.

Not sure if I was "singing" anything except the signing of Pryce, and the competence of Taylor, Cromar, LT & Folk. :mellow:

..stick to the g-men sweetheart. PLENTY there to keep you busy. :thumbsup:

The Giants will improve. The difference is that they did not annoint themselves Super Bowl Champions on a reality TV series in the summer either.

I think Tannenbaum does a great job in drafting (I still think losing Faneca, Jones and Washington were mistakes), but the way you positioned the new acquisitions just sounded like boasting. You forget that we toasted Cromartie in week #1 and other team have also piled on the passing yards against him.

Sorry, to react like that but your post came across wrong to me.

Its a long season LT and JT will probably fall apart by week 10.

You forget that we toasted Cromartie in week #1 and other team have also piled on the passing yards against him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2079/the-ryan-pryce-connection?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"..when asked today about comparing the Jets to the Ravens, Trevor Pryce had this to say; "I can tell you this.. I know that if not for a penalty on Braylon Edwards, the Jets beat Baltimore here that Monday night. That lets you know kind of what I think." ;)

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/2079/the-ryan-pryce-connection?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"..when asked today about comparing the Jets to the Ravens, Trevor Pryce had this to say; "I can tell you this.. I know that if not for a penalty on Braylon Edwards, the Jets beat Baltimore here that Monday night. That lets you know kind of what I think." ;)

What a difference 24 hours make.

We committed 3 turnovers and still doubled your time of possession and almost your yardage.

If we didn't have these turnovers we beat you by two TD's.

IF is a very big word.

What a difference 24 hours make.

We committed 3 turnovers and still doubled your time of possession and almost your yardage.

If we didn't have these turnovers we beat you by two TD's.

IF is a very big word.

TT.png

..thanks again Baltimore. B )

I heard that your going to be eventually changing the team colors to Purple and Black.

At least we're only taking players off the better half of your team :evil:

This is what worried me when we cut T-Rich for a day, I figured someone would snatch him while he was a FA. I'm surprised they didn't have some other special teams/role player they could let go if it was for three days.

Edited by Hasan4978

At least we're only taking players off the better half of your team :evil:

This is what worried me when we cut T-Rich for a day, I figured someone would snatch him while he was a FA. I'm surprised they didn't have some other special teams/role player they could let go if it was for three days.

If we didn't have Le'Ron I would have loved to pick-up Richardson. I am surprised that KC didn't steal him.

Trap game my ass.. TOTAL DOMINATION! LT looks to be getting back to his old form (prays to god). I was worried when Ellis hurt his knee, but Rex said it isn't major, so he'll be there next week to put Favre on his fossil ass. fvck you haters, leave you're fvcking sutpid ass comments to your own fvcking thread. Giants fans talking? Makes me laugh, your team sucks. Getting better? NO.

jets-fans.jpg

I'm not going to say much about this game (because my God, Buffalo is dreadful) but what I will say however, is I lost alot of respect for New England & Miami. 15-10 and 38-30 games?! :huh: Those scores are faaaar too close to one another to be "proud" of any such victory(s) against the lowly Bills. Right around the time the 3rd quarter ended, it hit me; "The Fins and Pats let Buffalo hang around THAT long during both their games!?" I am astonished that those 2 games were only won by 1 possession. Very sad indeed.

Anyway.. in regards to my Jets. Great game all around. A very important victory, in the sense of what it means for the long-term. Gang Green's undefeated against the division. There's only 3 more divisional games against the Pats\Fish\Bills, so the chances of the Jets finishing with a 4-2.. 5-1 type division record is extremely likely. This is especially key when it comes to tie-breaking. I truly believe there will be a 2-way (possibly 3-way) tie for division leader, come seasons' end. The great thing about having the tie-breaker, is whether all 3 teams are 10-6.. or 9-7.. or even 8-8, it doesn't matter.. the Jets will win the AFC East, should the tie-breaker remain in their favor.

I also want to apologize while I'm at it, to one Brian Schottenheimer. I really like the way the offense has looked since the Baltimore debacle. The 20\20 on WFAN said we've scored like 100 points over the last 3 games!? :blink: Remarkable. Just simply remarkable.

The defense looked great as usual. Other than an offsides penalty.. big props to Gholston & Pryce, who came in for Ellis, and both played extremely well. (Pryce actually came within inches of a sack in the 4th)

Excellent win from all 3 departments. Just a wonderful showing from everyone on the team. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

biggest win of the year for jets

Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic.. but I'll take the serious approach.

Beating Buffalo was great.. beating New England was better. But whoopin' Miami, IN MIAMI, without Santonio Holmes.. Calvin Pace.. Darrelle Revis.. Kris Jenkins.. Trevor Pryce.. ¼ Braylon Edwards.. and a Jason Taylor @ about 75%.. takes the cake for me, head & shoulders! B )

---------------------------------------

Well.. a quarter of the season is in the books, and the Jets are 3-1 going into Week 5. (should be 4-0, but that argument is for another time) They'll look to win their 4th consecutive game against the Minnesota Vikings Brett Favres, @ New Meadowlands, next Monday Night.

In the spirit of Week 5, I give you 5 Heros & 5 Zeros so far, over the first four games...

5 Heros:

*Dustin Keller - Is he the best tight-end in the league? Only Antonio Gates has more touchdowns thus-far. You tell me?

*LT - If he stays healthy.. he's on pace for a 13 TD - 1,400 yrd season. Anyone still lamenting Thomas Jones? Yeah, I didn't think so.

*Braylon Edwards - Laveranues didn't want to come back. Santonio couldn't come back. Braylon stepped in, and has been magnificent.

*Shaun Ellis - He hasn't looked this good since 2003. 14 tackles.. 1 forced fumble.. and 3 sacks, in 4 games! <---WOW!!!

*Mark Sanchez - I really shouldn't even need to elaborate on this one.

5 Zeros:

*Kyle Wilson - Horrible. I'm not going to kill him, because he is a rookie.. but he's looked completely lost out there. Total liability.

*J'Co - He's lost his hands.. he's lost his speed.. and worst of all, it seems as though he's struggling with routes. Cotch needs to step it up.

*Shonn Greene - In no way, shape, or form was I blinded by todays performance. Start putting together a string of these games, and we'll talk.

*David Clowney - A non-factor in route-running.. blocking.. and special teams. This season is his swan-song. He's gone by 2011.

*Darrelle Revis - I really shouldn't even need to elaborate on this one.

Edited by Beezer34

I'm not going to say much about this game (because my God, Buffalo is dreadful) but what I will say however, is I lost alot of respect for New England & Miami. 15-10 and 38-30 games?! :huh: Those scores are faaaar too close to one another to be "proud" of any such victory(s) against the lowly Bills. Right around the time the 3rd quarter ended, it hit me; "The Fins and Pats let Buffalo hang around THAT long during both their games!?" I am astonished that those 2 games were only won by 1 possession. Very sad indeed.

The idea is to win the game. Style points don't really matter. Ugly wins are always better than pretty losses, so I'll take 38-30. Having said that, the Pats are going to have problems on 'D' all season...what's sad is they NEED to score 30+ to win....right now the Jets clearly won't have to do that for many of their games.