2012 All Purpose UFA Thread

Mayday

Ryan Miller didn't win a Stanley Cup with a GAA of under 1.5. He didn't even win a gold medal.

True and as a Sabres fan Miller is overpaid right now $6.25M on the books for the next 2 years)

Miller did win a Veniza however, and has had his moments. Miller is a very good goalie with elite stretches (Miller was unconscious the last 2 months of this past season, until Ehrhoff and Myers both went down and the team ran out of gas late), that is a big difference between an elite goalie who is elite almost all the time. VERY few truly elite goalies have ever existed (Brodeur, Hasek and Roy, to name 3)

Edited by LOTCB

Jonathan Bernier wants a trade and the Devils are in the running.

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

Next move the ‪#LAKINGS‬ will be to trade Jonathan Bernier who has asked to be moved. ‪#devils‬ ‪#Leafs‬ ‪#blackhawks‬ all possibilties

Followed up with another Strickland tweet:

‪#LAKINGS‬ told Bernier they would look to move him once a contract with Quick was finalized

Next move the #LAKINGS will be to trade Jonathan Bernier who has asked to be moved. #devils #Leafs #blackhawks all possibilties

— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland)

June 28, 2012

Next move the #LAKINGS will be to trade Jonathan Bernier who has asked to be moved. #devils #Leafs #blackhawks all possibilties

June 28, 2012
Edited by TheMazz

Jonathan Bernier wants a trade and the Devils are in the running.

Next move the ‪#LAKINGS‬ will be to trade Jonathan Bernier who has asked to be moved. ‪#devils‬ ‪#Leafs‬ ‪#blackhawks‬ all possibilties

Followed up with another Strickland tweet:

‪#LAKINGS‬ told Bernier they would look to move him once a contract with Quick was finalized

June 28, 2012

June 28, 2012

I imagine the Leafs and Hawks are more desperate than us to acquire him. I would be surprised if the Devils interest was anything more than a quick check to see what goods would have to go to LA.

Well I thought the Leafs are/were the front runners for Luongo. To the Devils it would make the most sense - A lot of goalies have been going for just draft picks so I don't think the Devils would need to give up anymore then that. A prospect perhaps as well.

Edited by TheMazz

Well I thought the Leafs are/were the front runners for Luongo. To the Devils it would make the most sense - A lot of goalies have been going for just draft picks so I don't think the Devils would need to give up anymore then that. A prospect perhaps as well.

Urbom, Tedenby and a second. No to Merrill. Don't want to give up a first and run the risk of losing a top pick in next years draft if the season turns out to be a disaster.

Urbom, Tedenby and a second. No to Merrill. Don't want to give up a first and run the risk of losing a top pick in next years draft if the season turns out to be a disaster.

this is a massive overpay. i'm not gonna say forget it like tri did, but i'd give up a 2nd and a nothing prospect. i wouldn't do it for urbom straight up and i wouldn't do it for tedenby straight up. his numbers have been average at best in his NHL career - as a back up. hedberg's numbers have been better than bernier's the last two years. he's a former 1st rounder that's gotten a lot of press and perhaps he becomes something.

Based on the fact that no one has any goddamn idea who the good goalies are, besides 2 or 3 guys. Quick could just be another Ryan Miller. Remember when everyone thought he was clearly a top goalie?

Speak for yourself dude I'll be the first to admit that Quick is just awesome

Mike Gillis @ Canucks summit just announced they have agreed to new deal (in principle) with Schneider.

Looks like we know (if we didn't know already) who will be traded.

What do u mean? Are u implying that Schneider will be?

Portzline tweeting Nash trade talk heating up. Buccigross also tweeted some "big NHL news" could come down today, and asked Ranger fans to stand by. Nash for Dubinsky and Anisimov. Watch. Because these fvcks always fleece people and Howson is the biggest moron this side of Matt Millen.

Portzline tweeting Nash trade talk heating up. Buccigross also tweeted some "big NHL news" could come down today, and asked Ranger fans to stand by. Nash for Dubinsky and Anisimov. Watch. Because these fvcks always fleece people and Howson is the biggest moron this side of Matt Millen.

Geez, if that's what Columbus ends up getting, epic fail on Howson's part.

Geez, if that's what Columbus ends up getting, epic fail on Howson's part.

I bet it'll be some stupid package like that. I could see something like Dubinsky, Anisimov and their 1st next year, or watch them sign Schultz and ship off Del Zotto with Dubinksy. Whatever happens, I'm sure the Rangers will ass rape Columbus on this.