I wouldn't mind seeing brodeur leave

peterstastny

Well do me a favor tell me the last time Brodeur has outplayed a goalie in a playoff series?? He was totally outplayed by the Queen last season, and this yr even in the shutout game Ward was right with him, and Ward outplayed Marty for 90 % of this series.

I love Marty, and I am not saying he should just leave, but I will say this, you dont have Stevens, you dont have Neids or Dano, and the NHL is different now the system the Devils played is over and done with.

If you could somehow get MArty to agree to a trade? Aquire a 2nd line center to play with Elias and a solid DMan?? I am sure a team that may be looking to put rear ends in the seats would take him, because Marty would certainly do that for a team, especially coming off the "record". We could live with a Clemmensson for a yr or 2 maybe even 3 if we put the payers around him as well. They certainly played differently for him this yr.

No I hate to say it, and I dont know what I will do with my # 30 Jersey, but it may be time to start to think about life after Marty...

No way we trade Marty (nor do I want to), but how much would Montreal LOVE to have him? Talk about a marketing dream (as if Montreal needs that)!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brodeur is great. Just needs some help back there. And don't give me this sh!t about not stealing, etc etc. He played good enough to win this series. his defense needs to be better. Even Roy had Robinson, Chelios, Schenider & Desjardins in his youth, Foote, Ozo in his prime, Bourque and Blake.

Just goes to show ya ! NO Stevens , Neids, Rafy, Dano, NO Cup ! Has our scouting slipped a Tad ! This team was built on Defense, but somewhere we veered away from it !

I know he is the face of the franchise, but i think his time here is almost done. I know its easy for people on sportscenter who never watch a devils game then look at brodeurs numbers and say he is the best goalie ever. But for me, i watched 90% of his games here in NJ and he has the numbers but I don't find him to be a great puck stopping goalie.

What i think brodeur is amazing at, is directing rebounds, playing the puck outside the crease, and assisting in breakouts. But when it comes to making the key saves and DEFINITELY not chocking, time and time again he fails. I have been through too many play-off years ending on soft soft goals by him.

He played the majority of his years behind the best defensive core in hockey, look at clemenson this year, he put up identical #'s as brodeur has done for the past years. Brodeur was a young rookie, in the right spot at the right time, just as an amazing defensive team was being born.

Lets get a young kid in here that wants to stand on his head and win a stanley cup

Personally, I'd like to see you go. He's not fvcking superman, he has off plays or nights every now and then. He just happened to have them at an inopportune moment.

The amount of "baby crying" and "spoiled bratism" here today is nauseating and speaks volumes about our fanbase.

Completely agree, DinLA.

First off as a Sabres fan and someone who has been through those heart breaking, gut wrenching losses myself (no need to recount them, they speak for themselves), I can honestly say I felt bad for a lot of you last night, when I watched the replay and heard through my friend a Devil fan on the phone as to how it happened in real time, I was completely stunned, and still am.

What I have come to realize about great players is this: Great players generally might not do EVERYTHING at a great level. Of course, Patrick Roy is considered to be one of the best money goalies of all-time, but he had some seasons that were marginal stat-wise. Hasek was a guy who took a team on his back and took marginal teams to the conference Finals, and even the Stanley Cup, but he broke down at times during his career. Marty might not steal more games then other great goalies ever did, but Brodeur does things better then Roy and Hasek ever did. Consistency. Winning. Playing the puck. The point is, it has been proven that Marty isn't the greatest goalie to have in a tight spot at times, or in overtime, but in no way does that mean IMO that he should be shipped out of town etc.

Have some of you forgotten some of the BIG games he won, Game 7 AT Ottawa in the ECF, Game 6 AT Dallas in the 2000 Stanley Cup. I am not a complete expert on Devils history, but I hope you understand where I am going with this.

Just over a month ago, this board celebrated Marty as he should: Most wins of all-time, an electric atmosphere indeed. Now, he needs to be shipped out of town? These are temporary emotions, I know it, and again, I understand.

The point is for Marty, when you have a career that includes a TON of big playoff games, and YEARS of greatness, you win some big games, and you lose some.

LOTCB with some excellent perspective.

What has the world come to when a sabers fan who has lost all hope in sport is the only person who can see the light. :dance:

Hey... to anyone saying the team should buy out Brodeur, I have a deal for you:

Your house is probably losing value... it's not worth as much as it used to be. You should get rid of it before you lose too much! How about you give me the keys... I'll pay half the remaining mortgage payments and you cover the other half. Deal?

It's the way it always is on this board.

Brodeur does something amazing...everyone sucks his dick.

Brodeur loses a game...everyone wants to trade him.

We have retards as fans.

Wow---------Thats alot of Dick sucking,how many times have you gone deep on Marty? I Like to Cheer for his amazing saves,but thats what I enjoy doing,It's clear What you enjoy!

brodeur was not the problem last night.

he was good in the 2 man down penalty kill and made some insane saves.

the devils just lacked the discipline...they kept killing themselves with stupid penalties...

mottou and white were eaten alive by players like whitney samsonov and staal.

The team as a whole played on their heels in the last 5 minutes of the game.

they were punk'd it was embarrassing, and they lost to a team that was probably inferior, however Maurice is a great coach, the team worked harder and the canes had ward who is every bit brodeur's equal.

Brodeur stays.

The MB30 Mask has to go.

Exactly. I posted last October on the NJ.com board that the MB30 mask was bad juju. Maybe Marty should get some kind of special LASIK surgery like Tiger Woods did??? Tiger got it so that he could read the greens better lol ... maybe Marty can then see the puck better?

brodeur was not the problem last night.

he was good in the 2 man down penalty kill and made some insane saves.

the devils just lacked the discipline...they kept killing themselves with stupid penalties...

mottou and white were eaten alive by players like whitney samsonov and staal.

The team as a whole played on their heels in the last 5 minutes of the game.

they were punk'd it was embarrassing, and they lost to a team that was probably inferior, however Maurice is a great coach, the team worked harder and the canes had ward who is every bit brodeur's equal.

+1.

I agree and Brodeur kept them in Game 7 with a chance to win just like most of the games he plays. It was a tough last 5-minutes of that Game 7 and the last 2-minutes was just a total nightmare by Havelid, Mottau and White infront of Brodeur. Sutter should have had Martin and Oduya out on the ice for the remaining 2-minutes of that game to keep the 3-2 lead. Also they should have not sat back in the remaining minutes. This all would not have happened if the Devils scored on that 4-minute PP and go up by 2-goals. No way the Devils would have blown Game 7 the way they did last night if they had that 2-goal lead.

Again, Brodeur is not to blame for this loss. It is what is around Brodeur that lost this game. The PP killed this Devils team in the 1st round once again. At least with a PPG in some of the crucial times they had it during this series the Devils would be playing Washington this weekend in round 2. Unfortunately the PP came up way short along with some of the veterans on this team along with the sh!t play of Havelid, Mottau and White.

Keywords for the 2008-2009 season... clear the puck and score on the PP.

You can't blame marty, when he faced about 6000 shots in the playoffs. And come on, reguardless of us not clearing the puck and playing defence,

with .2 seconds they score a goal?

Unknown players coming up big

Eric Staal Diving,

a blueline save

cant forget rediculouis " roughing" call on a lady byne award runner........

I know hockey is the game of inches, but come on how unlucky could we be?

p.s, that 4 minute 4 on 4( that was pretty much a powerplay for the canes) really set up the last 2 minutes of the game. PP'S give you momentum, thats what we saw.

We do also get to raise another Alantic Division champs banner!

Edited by robdeselich88