Can we stop the twitter posts in hell

Agreed. Or at least create a new sub-forum just for them and have them not show up on the "View new content".

there actually is a twitter feeds sub-forum, they should go in there with the rest

Each post to your twitter does not need its own thread.

That's how it works, though. The board has an RSS reader that populates the News Feeds section with stuff like Puck Daddy posts, TG's blog, et cetera. It uses that same RSS reader to pull in the various Twitter feeds, but since it doesn't realize it's a Twitter account rather than a traditional RSS feed that contains links to news articles, it posts every single tweet as its own thread. It's annoying, I know, but there's not much we can do to change that without some heavy modifications.

It was mentioned in another thread that DM plans to upgrade the site software soon. I don't know if it offers enhanced Twitter integration, but there will be other new and improved options for mobile users. Not only is there an iPhone app that should work with the board, but I understand that the mobile skin is miles better than what we currently have. We should be able to come up with a solution that meets everyone's needs.

(tl;dr: Yeah, it sucks, but hang tight, we're examining our options and should have it taken care of soon.)