2013-14 Albany Devils and ECHL Thread

thefiestygoat

Offensive defensemen take longer to develop. You have to have patience. Have him make the mistakes there so he's better prepared here. He still brings an element the Devils lack in the present, so, for the time being, you have to take the good with the bad. It also good he's getting more games in now. 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHL Playoffs
Albany's season concluded with a 4-1 loss to St. John's (3-1 Series Loss). Merrill scored Albany's only goal with assist to Gelinas and Pesonen. Gelinas was injured on the play and was helped off the ice and did not return. Kinkaid stopped 29 of 33 shots and finished the playoffs with a .932 SV%. Albany outshot St. John's 40-33 and went 0/6 on the PP and 3/4 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Lines and Pairings:
Pesonen-Timmins-Boucher
Matteau-K. Zajac-Tedenby
Whitney-Sestito-Sislo
McKelvie-Pelley-D. Zajac

Helgeson-McPherson
Gelinas-Larsson
Urbom-Merrill

Albany only scored 6 goals in the series and went 4/21 on the PP. They were 4/11 on the PP in the first 2 games and 0/10 in the last 2 games. They were 16/18 on the PK. Edited by thefiestygoat

ah, that's disappointing. I had high hopes for them with the added help on D, but maybe it just shook things up too much. Obviously, the offense couldn't get it done either, though.

thanks for the updates, fiesty.

yes, thanks feisty for all of your updates all season long, they were much appreciated!

Yeah, thanks again fiesty, shame that they couldn't do more, because that was really their year to do something - wouldn't be surprised if the top 3 D best 2 forwards and the goalie are all in NJ next year, with not much replacing them.  I expect Albany to miss the playoffs by a wide margin next year.

You're welcome everyone, it was awesome for Albany to give us some playoff action this year! I'm already looking forward to next year with a lot of new players coming in, even though as triumph says it's not really shaping up to be a good team.

DR33: That Raptors - Nets series was insane. Bright future for the Raptors going forward. Raptors deserved to win that series just as much as the Nets.

• 2 weeks later...

Harri Pesonen is gone which creates some room both on the reserve list and in Albany for the new guys coming in.

Lausanne announced the deal on Tuesday, one that keeps Pesonen in Switzerland until 2016. Prior to heading overseas the Finnish forward spent all of last season with AHL Albany, appearing in a team-high 75 games while finishing sixth on the team in scoring, with 36 points.

I expect fellow RFA's Urbom and Tedenby to follow him back to Europe.

Harri Pesonen is gone which creates some room both on the reserve list and in Albany for the new guys coming in.

I expect fellow RFA's Urbom and Tedenby to follow him back to Europe.

Best of luck to Harri, played well in his 2 seasons here, but he wasn't likely to get another chance.

If Tedenby wants to play in the NHL again, he should wait until July before signing in Europe - the Devils can't tender him a contract, he'd be a one-way deal again, and that makes no sense.  I could see an organization like Carolina taking a shot with him.

Forgot this, but remember Jeff Frazee? He's playing the danish league next season...

Just finished a year in Italy too, good for him. EliteProspects has a cool "Where are they now?" section for ex-Devils. Always interesting to see where some of these guys end up. Barry Tallackson seems to have found a nice career in Germany (205 GP 81-93-174 and 2 Championships).