Stop the Panic

peteyvegas

the kovy injury has me negative going forward (I HATE BACK INJURIES)

sykoras and clarksons goal production are not sustainable (50+ goals there)

our two youngster JJ & Henrique are not natural finishers (nor snipers)

patty is losing it

will zach be back?

so hows everyones day going otherwise LOL

Wow. Debbie Downer.

My new Devils shirts and other assorted paraphernalia arrived from UPS today so I will be wearing it tomorrow including my hat. This has been a great run and I am proud of my boys. I have been following this team since they arrived in NJ and I am not about to throw them under the bus now. I love them when the win and love them when they lose. I have been to those heart breaker games (Carolina game 7) in person so I know the hurt. Could we have played better yes. Could things have gone more our way yes. But that is what makes hockey and Stanley Cup Playoffs great. I have enjoyed this playoff run immensely and IF we come up short I will be wearing my Devils stuff as much as ever. It's about Devils pride.

Let's Go Devils!!!

Edited by njdjlc

I'm not gonna sit here and say we're gonna win in 7. Odds are we're not, but there's still a chance. Crazier/more unlikely things happen everyday in this world than a hockey team winning four games in a row.

First we need to come out tomorrow night score the first goal and put a few past Quick so our guys realize we CAN score on this guy. Would be nice if we scored on the powerplay also.

Then we need to go back home and get a win. That will break the Kings away streak and put some serious doubts in their heads. Suddenly all the pressure is on them for game 6 and we're playing on borrowed time and pressure free.

Win tomorrow bring it back home and get a win and anything can happen after that.

I laughed out loud at this one sundstrom, people around the office were looking at me funny LOL

I regularly - honestly with alarming regularity - use Stork's line far more that Belushi's! My daughter even says Mommy why do you always say Moe-ron? What does it mean? I said Moron! she gave me the <_< shook her head and said moe-ron...under her breath.

My new Devils shirts and other assorted paraphernalia arrived from UPS today so I will be wearing it tomorrow including my hat. This has been a great run and I am proud of my boys. I have been following this team since they arrived in NJ and I am not about to throw them under the bus now. I love them when the win and love them when they lose. I have been to those heart breaker games (Carolina game 7) in person so I know the hurt. Could we have played better yes. Could things have some more our way yes. But that is what makes hockey and Stanley Cup Playoffs great. I have enjoyed this playoff run immensely and IF we come up short I will be wearing my Devils stuff as much as ever. It's about Devils pride.

Let's Go Devils!!!

This. They may be better than us. I don't know; the refs haven't helped. We're not dead yet, but I'll love this team no matter what happens.

Our team is down only 3 games in the SCF. The other team just needs one more win and our team can't score on a super goalie. Stay cool as a cucumber. :rolleyes:

If only our team rattled off 4 consecutive wins this playoffs... oh wait we have. If only we were able to solve a "super goalie" after 3 games, oh wait we have.

I'll never understand why negative people feel the need to piss in everyone else's cheerio's. The small joy of happiness you get is from trying to bring everyone down to your low level? no thanks, LETS GO DEVILS!!

If only our team rattled off 4 consecutive wins this playoffs... oh wait we have. If only we were able to solve a "super goalie" after 3 games, oh wait we have.

I'll never understand why negative people feel the need to piss in everyone else's cheerio's. The small joy of happiness you get is from trying to bring everyone down to your low level? no thanks, LETS GO DEVILS!!

This is really very easy. Quick has the goalie gods in his pocket. It's his Cup. That is all. Personally, I'm a Frosted Flakes man, myself. And I take no joy in saying the above.

By the way, this was not a quitting thread. It was meant to be a calming thread. But I guess a couple of kids need to use it as a 'I'm more of a fan than you' thread. Maybe I sould be negative. After all, the Doves beat the Falcons last night. :rolleyes:

So i went to Wendy's on Tuesday Night (before game 4) for a Soccer Fundraiser for my son's rec league, as I was pulling out, a car pulled in with a vanity plate that said DevsN7, i took it as a sign.... hopefully we can keep it up!

Holy sh!t that is destiny

It's good to show faith in your team at a desperate time like this, but there's also nothing wrong with being realistic about our chances at this point.

Doesn't help that the guys wearing the stripes are also wearing the same colors as the Kings (literally and figuratively).

yes, this is an unfortunate side effect of this years finals. Everyone - the league, NBC for ratings, LA - is looking to cash in on this, especially if the Kings win it. I know we're supposed to think the refs are impartial and call it as they see it, and "it shouldn't matter, we should play through it" and all that, but we have really been getting dumped on by the officials. 'How dare Jersey ever have something that gives it a good name' I feel like that's the mentality lately from the outside. The giant Jersey Shore cast cutouts, the old tired played out Jersey stereotypes...it's like people won't be happy unless we cease to exist somehow. Well they can keep on going with their hopes of that cause it ain't gonna happen. The Devils will continue to be a relevant name in big hockey discussion for a long time. And for the ignoramuses who think asking "what exit" is funny, complaining the air smells funny, or thinking all there is to NJ is Newark, Camden, and everything east of the Parkway and Turnpike, well fvck 'em. I'm not really a fan of SoCal or their attitude and lifestyle - particularly Hollywood, so...

Whatever happens from this point on this series, represent Jersey and don't give up til it's over. People will believe what they want, but they're not always correct.

Devils in 7