Website changes?

USAkid90

NJDevs skin isn't usable for me. After the text of the post, there's a ton of blank space before the next post begins.

NOTE: I'm at work and we're using decrepit IE6 still. This could well be the problem. Just thought I'd throw it out there . It's not a problem with the IPBoard skin.

The message subject font in the message list is definitely on the large side.

edit:

Oh, yeah...I click on my name at the upper right and I get:

[#10245] You are not permitted to view member profiles.

Whoops :)

Edited by Devils1985

Great work with the update this far DM, Rowdy, and the rest of the administrators. It seems to make the site easier to read and use. I really appreciate you guys putting in a lot of time to improve the site.

BTW, how do you enable the mobile skin? I was so excited to hear that it was finally available, but I've been looking for it all morning and couldn't find it.

Hey DM--trying to adjust to the new look--I'll get there but I'm really missing the equivalent of the "view new posts" from the last version. How will that work with the newbee and when will it be online? Thanks....

Hey DM--trying to adjust to the new look--I'll get there but I'm really missing the equivalent of the "view new posts" from the last version. How will that work with the newbee and when will it be online? Thanks....

Its in the top right, view new content. Search is offline so it won't work for the moment. But it is the same feature.

I am assuming (making an ass out of u and me)that it will be back when search is enabled. As per above, the forum is in economy mode, so you can't use "search" which the "view new posts" uses. But that's only my uneducated guess. :) DM beat me to it...

Edited by Don

Its in the top right, view new content. Search is offline so it won't work for the moment. But it is the same feature.

Thanks--I'll check it periodically (or watch this post for an all clear)

Yea, trying to fix that. Also having issues still with search. I freaking wait for the software to get out of beta, and still somehow feel like I am the guinea pig. No wonder so many people still use windows XP. if it works don't mess with it!

:argh:

So I'm on my iPod Touch, which I am typically on.

Will this look different if I am on a pc?

I don't see avatars or signatures.

Right. I don't know if the iPhone and iPod Touch obey the "mobile device" rules, but if they do, you should be seeing a rather plain site. It will look different on a PC, though I had to manually switch the skin to the regular one after viewing the site on my phone.

So I'm on my iPod Touch, which I am typically on.

Will this look different if I am on a pc?

I don't see avatars or signatures.

Right. I don't know if the iPhone and iPod Touch obey the "mobile device" rules, but if they do, you should be seeing a rather plain site. It will look different on a PC, though I had to manually switch the skin to the regular one after viewing the site on my phone.

I think it does, I looked at my settings and I am on a lo-fi device. So I'll have to check out the site tomorrow at work.

It sucks though as I never had any problems with the old site on my touch.

Actually my iPod runs faster than my cruddy old laptop.