Website changes?

USAkid90

I'm not sure if this was a change made to make browsing easier on mobile devices, but I liked how links clicked used to open in a new window. It's only a minor inconvenience, having to right-click and "Open in New Window," but is that something that's temporary or is this the way it's gonna be from here on out?

DIG: I don't know. Did it only do that for external links (that is, to other sites) or for internal (on the board) links as well?

OT98: When DM stops sweating over the server load, probably. :P I know that's a non-answer, but he's got a good reason for keeping that off for now, so I guess we'll just have to be patient. It bugs me too because that's how I like to browse the board.

CRASHER: No, it appears to still be there, or at least it is for me.

Sammy: Basically you could link your board account with your Facebook account. You could log into the board with your FB credentials, and it would -- only if you told it to -- automatically sync your avatar here with your profile pic there. There's also a new status thing here that could sync with your FB status, and I think there was something having to do with friends too.

The developer of the software says a bug has been found in the search that is causing every post to show up as new. When a search is created like clicking "new posts" every post is showing up new and bogging the server down.

We have to wait until a fix is released before search can be enabled again.

The links opening a new window was a feature I had to create I vaguely recall. I prefer that way as well.

DIG: I don't know. Did it only do that for external links (that is, to other sites) or for internal (on the board) links as well?

I'm pretty sure all links used to open in new windows. External links for sure, internal links I'm not 100% positive but I think they did too. But now all links open in the same window. At least they do for me ... not sure if it's the same for everyone.

what's the deal with this plus and minus at the bottom right of posts - looks like a way to 'rate' posts. i've never been on a board that does this, but i've always heard it leads to exceptionally juvenile use/abuse.

I just clicked on the plus sign and now I have a "2" reputation. I'm shooting for a "3".

• Like 3

what's the deal with this plus and minus at the bottom right of posts - looks like a way to 'rate' posts. i've never been on a board that does this, but i've always heard it leads to exceptionally juvenile use/abuse.

Reputation points. I've seen it elsewhere and it is perhaps the worst thing ever added to message boards. Just another popularity contest which message boards do not need. This board already has one with the board awards, no need for that year round. Hopefully DM disables it.

I just clicked on the plus sign and now I have a "2" reputation. I'm shooting for a "3".

Just for that you get a negative and you're back to 2! :P

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I apologize that this has not been going smoothly.

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I cried.

I know you're a humble guy and all, but there is nothing to apologize for, in fact we should be sorry for spamming the site!

<3 DM