GDT New Jersey Devils vs. The Lightning 7pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

Ya I think even with the short schedule we are going to see Pete stick with the style that worked last year. Matteau will probably be around and get time because they will be mixing and matching till they think they have 4 lines that can create energy and pressue. I do wish they would stop the double shifting of Kovy on man up as I like him on the PK along with carter, Gionta, Elias and Henirque. I think it forces teams to be more careful because of our counter attack....Anyway LETS GO DEVILS!

Matteau is playing tonight, the only way around it is dressing Harrold and screwing up the lines.

Burning his ELC doesn't matter - is he really going to get paid a ton coming off this contract?  No.  If the Devils leave him the roster all year is when I'll be upset - if he stays on the roster half the year, he'll be a year closer to free agency.  If they send him back to junior by, I dunno, the end of the month, that'll be fine.  They could even save money by doing that.

Matteau is playing tonight, the only way around it is dressing Harrold and screwing up the lines.

Burning his ELC doesn't matter - is he really going to get paid a ton coming off this contract?  No.  If the Devils leave him the roster all year is when I'll be upset - if he stays on the roster half the year, he'll be a year closer to free agency.  If they send him back to junior by, I dunno, the end of the month, that'll be fine.  They could even save money by doing that.

You mean there's 'another' deadline?  I just assumed once the ELC year got burned off he was a year closer to FA.

You mean there's 'another' deadline?  I just assumed once the ELC year got burned off he was a year closer to FA.

That's because teams very rarely do one without doing the other.  Most players whose ELC would be burned are high draft picks with star potential, and burning a year of those can really hurt.