World Cup 2010

redruM

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such bullsh!t. As for rioting, maybe we should ask the Lakers fans to head over to South Africa.

only if we lie and send them there on one-way tickets :P

Can any regular soccer watchers tell me what England's deal is? Their team seems so ordinary for a squad that's highly touted. Very little creativity ... or something.

Totally agree on the ordinariness. They just don't seem to want it.

Can any regular soccer watchers tell me what England's deal is? Their team seems so ordinary for a squad that's highly touted. Very little creativity ... or something.

The premier league is very popular therefore they the team gets a lot of attention. The English press always is very aggressive and declares their team the favorites. The reality is that the core of the team hasn’t changed over the last years. The hopes were that the coaches were simply the problem, I guess it wasn’t that simple. Don’t call them dead yet, the best teams in the group phase are not necessarily the best in the knockout phase.

Any national squad that hires a foreigner to lead their country to win the world cup is not serious about winning it...

The Dutch were pretty bad today, but the most important thing is that we're the first country to qualify for the next round. I really hope we're just very careful to not blow the engine up too soon this time, but I am not impressed so far.

The Uru defense has been superb so far, not allowing a single goal in group stages (although it bears noting that their group included a touched French team and a South African team that was ranked 31/32 out of the field). I think they'll have an easy time with whomever ends up qualifying behind Argentina, and Arg/Uru should be a real test for the URU defense.

Can't frippin believe France is out. Unreal.

At least we get Henri on the Red Bulls

France didn't care about winning. They had too many selfish veterans who all thought they could run the team better then the next guy. Time to restructure. Cut all the old guys and start anew.

It's painfully obvious how Fifa doesn't want the USA to win. If the Americans get eliminated because of this, I say don't send a team in 2014. Boycott it and don't give them any advertising or television revenue. Screw them. They have to investigate this and make it right. Teams spend around two years going through matches and training to get ready for this only to get extremely screwed in broad daylight.

These past two US games have been perfect examples of why we need instant replay reviews in sports as much as possible without slowing down the game too much. The outcomes of the games should be determined by the actions of the players, what they actually DID, not what some ref thought they did as it happened.