Brooklyn Musician suing Devils

HellOnICE

Devils being Sued

The leader of a Brooklyn band wants to stick it to the New Jersey Devils, saying the puck-heads stole one of his songs.

Rob Traynor and the rest of Black Water Rising filed a $30 million suit after the team allegedly refused to pay for using "Rise" in a video.

His lawyer, Wallace Collins, said the Devils "are . . . offering an insultingly small amount of money to settle."

A spokesman for the Devils said the suit is "without merit."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/band_faces_off_against_devils_AWGk8mkBJvU30FoeTfD8IM#ixzz1VlSIgUCh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the 'Rise' song that plays during the start of the games?

If so, good sue, we stop playing it and go back to "Hells Bells" or even Yani.

Totally agree.

Plus that Rise song sucks ass.

Plus what is an amount to him that is not insulting? Does he want a million dollars?

Edited by DevsMan84

Is that the 'Rise' song that plays during the start of the games?

If so, good sue, we stop playing it and go back to "Hells Bells" or even Yani.

i really miss the Yanni intro song... so epic

and im sure im not the only one... but whenever hells bells comes up on radio/playlist, i think.. DEVILS!

The band Mastadon should sue that band for using the term "crack the skye" in the lyrics.

Then we should all sue them for making terrible, terrible music.

Seriously, Brooklyn is a teeming mass of incredible music, how in god's name can you possibly live there and still churn out overwrought nu-metal like it's 2001 again?

i really miss the Yanni intro song... so epic

and im sure im not the only one... but whenever hells bells comes up on radio/playlist, i think.. DEVILS!

I echo that sentiment. The Yani song needs to be brought back. Maybe that's the "missing piece of nostalgia" that can finally rekindle a winning attitude...Sure's heck that Marty and Patty will remember it... :-)

Marketing doesn't make the intro video

Haha anything the Devils do wrong is always obviously the marketing department's fault. I think people are programmed to blame them for everything. "Zajac missing the beginning of the season??? Damn that marketing department!"

Edited by devilsfan26

Devils being Sued

The leader of a Brooklyn band wants to stick it to the New Jersey Devils, saying the puck-heads stole one of his songs.

Rob Traynor and the rest of Black Water Rising filed a $30 million suit after the team allegedly refused to pay for using "Rise" in a video.

His lawyer, Wallace Collins, said the Devils "are . . . offering an insultingly small amount of money to settle."

A spokesman for the Devils said the suit is "without merit."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/band_faces_off_against_devils_AWGk8mkBJvU30FoeTfD8IM#ixzz1VlSIgUCh

can we trade fraser for the rights of the song and put the song on waivers?

can we trade fraser for the rights of the song and put the song on waivers?

Yeah but then no one will pick it up even after re-entry wavers and then we will have to buy it out! :evilcry:

I guess these guys graduated from the Lars Ulrich School Of Suing The Sh!t Out Of Everyone Who Gives Your Crappy Music Free Publicity.

:giggle:

And on another note, I hope the Devils are now completely embarrassed for using such a crap song. Stick to Hells Bells or something that makes sense and game highlights in the intro instead of generic nu-metal and shots of fans standing up.