NFL Week 6

CRASHER

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause it turned out as a win.

What? They didn't play the game yet; Chargers/Packers is in Week 9. :lol: I think Crasher meant that people are overlooking the possibility of the Chargers beating the Packers before the Lions/Packers matchup.

---

That altercation between Schwartz and Harbaugh was funny. Both were guilty of being jerky. I thought Harbaugh was a bit disrespectful but Schwartz was probably looking to pick a fight after forgetting what losing felt (that was the Lions' first loss -- preseason included -- since the beginning of last December!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zp1Q0MZE9Y

Edited by nmigliore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7115217/denver-broncos-trade-receiver-brandon-lloyd-st-louis-rams-sources-say

Brandon Lloyd goes to the Rams.

Supposedly the Pats were interested (I'm guessing they would've cut Ocho, who apparently can't catch onto the Pats' playbook, much less actual footballs)...would've been nice for depth pruposes, but Ocho's problems aside, the passing game hasn't been much of an issue for the Patriots.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Can anyone with deeper knowledge of NFL free agency explain to me how Lloyd could potentially bring back a compensatory draft pick to the Rams? Peter King mentioned it in his MMQB piece:

I think the reason Denver wideout Brandon Lloyd should go somewhere -- my choice would be the Rams, for a fourth-round pick -- is pretty simple. The acquiring team would owe him only $1 million for the rest of the year, and it would get a supremely motivated player because he's got to play for a new contract. And even if the acquiring team doesn't sign him, it would probably get a compensatory draft choice in return in 2013. So trade a four in 2012, get Lloyd to use for 10 games, and get a fifth-rounder, in all likelihood, in 2013 if you don't sign him.

I did some brief reading up on NFL free agency and I thought draft pick compensation only applied to free agents with less than 4 years of service time (restricted free agents), which Lloyd doesn't appear to be....

If the Rams could work out an extension, I think the deal could look pretty good for them given the low cost.

Edited by nmigliore

That altercation between Schwartz and Harbaugh was funny. Both were guilty of being jerky. I thought Harbaugh was a bit disrespectful but Schwartz was probably looking to pick a fight after forgetting what losing felt (that was the Lions' first loss -- preseason included -- since the beginning of last December!).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8zp1Q0MZE9Y

Last night, I couldn't get enough of watching those highlights, LOL. Schwartz said someone dropped the F-bomb. Harbaugh said he shook his hand too hard. It looked to me like the slap in the back knocked Schwartz off balance and that was what set him off in a rage.

Cause it turned out as a win. Eagles suck and they played bad their game to and they won.

Green Bay is IN San Diego, 11/6...you've simmed too far ahead in your little Madden season :P

Thanks Matt Moore!

Jets look awful so far though.

Thank the refs. Definitely not Moore's fault there. Marshall got caught trying to sell it too...to no avail.

I don't know if Marty's son needs to be fired, but the offense looks lifeless. Sanchez has a solid game...1 every 4 games it seems. Jets are very lucky they are winning. Blown coverages everywhere.

Anyone still wanna accuse me of being too cynical and jaded about this team??? :P

At least your offense can gain a ****ing first down :rant:

It's a joke the Jets still have the lead. God, twice in three weeks the Jets are embarassing themselves on national TV. The only thing saving them from nuclear disaster is a lucky non-call and a Marshall drop :lol:

I don't know if Marty's son needs to be fired, but the offense looks lifeless. Sanchez has a solid game...1 every 4 games it seems. Jets are very lucky they are winning. Blown coverages everywhere.

Brunell's either going to be the QB or the OC by halftime. But they need to change one of those spots right the **** now.

And Rex's defense ain't doing all that great either.

Edited by NJDevs4978

A first down!!!!! Yeah baby!! Progress. :P

The Jets really couldn't look much worse so far. If not for the missed call/bad Moore throw and the Marshall drop, they would be down at least 2 scores.

Don't forget Marshall running out of bounds with just open field in front of him.

Edited by devilsrule33

Don't forget Marshall running out of bounds with just open field in front of him.

The guy can be just baffling at times. You watch him and you could clearly see he just oozes with talent; he's done well versus Revis so far and he completely owned Cromartie on the one play you're talking about. He puts up great numbers (80+ catches, 1000+ yards) yearly. But the drops, the disappearances in the redzone (4 TD in 2 years with the Dolphins is not acceptable for a WR of his caliber, bad QB's or not), the jerky off-the-field attitude... has to be frustrating to Fins fans.

Edited by nmigliore

In an effort to Suck for Luck, I think the Dolphins coaching staff secretly soaked their wide receivers' gloves in butter before the game. :P

Seriously, the Jets are catching so many breaks with these dropped balls. Some of Moore's throws really aren't that bad.

In an effort to Suck for Luck, I think the Dolphins coaching staff secretly soaked their wide receivers' gloves in butter before the game. :P

Seriously, the Jets are catching so many breaks with these dropped balls. Some of Moore's throws really aren't that bad.

Like I said, he was ridiculously good down the stretch in 2009. He was awful last year, and it was clear, but he has talent. The Dolphins skilled players are brutal. That is a TD at the end to any of the top receivers in the game. Go get that Marshall. Two brutal drops before that on pretty balls.

With that being said, Jets caused two fumbles tonight that are usually recovered by the defenders. One went right to the TE, and the other out of bounds.

Plaxico looks so bleh out there. At least he's made a few nice blocks. That Santonio TD is pretty much game.

It hasn't a very good game for the Jets; they'll need to play a lot better versus teams that care. But it was nice to see Sanchez finally getting some good pass protection. Wayne Hunter in particular has surprisingly made Cameron Wake a non-factor in the pass-rush tonight.

Edited by nmigliore

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Green Bay is IN San Diego, 11/6...you've simmed too far ahead in your little Madden season :P

Don't play or watch im not much of a fan. Just Eagles hater and packers fan always have been. As of now Packers remain undefeated. if they lose next week then so be it.

Well..here I was thinking I was a Matt Moore pick six of somehow pulling off another fantasy football comeback. But Holmes TD clinches it for Has. I really need a RB.

lol even I'm not that unlucky all the time, at least the Bears gave me enough breathing room last night to not be too nervous...but I was starting to think I'd somehow blow it after the pick six :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hello Andrew Luck! The Miami Dolphins are easily the worst team in the NFL. This has been painful tonight. And the Jets have been below average on both sides of the ball...and they are still up 18.

Damn, without that Holmes play, this would have been very interesting.

Edited by devilsrule33