GDT: Devils @ Sharks 10:30PM

PWW

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez that was a late one, game ended at 2am for me

Im glad the boys fought til the end, we could have tied and get a point too came really damn close, no shame tho the sharks are a fvcking good team.

2-1-0 is excellent on that trip.

My only worry is when salvador and volch comes back, a lot of our goals came from the D, with those 2 taking lots of minutes we'll restrain our chances. Of course they are better defensively but thats not really our problem either

Edited by SterioDesign

Wow.  People are actually acting calmly.

Anyone throwing sh!tfits about this team at this point isn't being realistic or fair.  That schedule was murder.  And it's obvious the Devils are not a SC contender at this point, but are at least a playoff contender in a division that hasn't had anyone pull away yet.  It's not great, but it could be a lot worse, especially considering how they started.

Was at the game - nothing to add really to what was already said, one funny moment was on of the numerous well-executed Sharks transitions in the first period, Sharks were getting a 3 on 2 break and Jagr was trying to catch up but it was clear he was really not catching anyone,one of the Devils forwards further from the forecheck trying to back-check along with Jagr (one of the Zs) gave Jags friendly whack in the tuch with his stick - which either meant try to catch up faster or try to backcheck on the other side :)

I don't think we win unless you crash. It hurts but sometimes you gotta #takeonefortheteam

Well that didn't work...I was crashed about 10 mins into the game!

Glad we're back to regular time games! :)

What the heck happened to MB? He got hit in the neck? anyone have a link to replay of it?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Well that didn't work...I was crashed about 10 mins into the game!

Glad we're back to regular time games! :)

What the heck happened to MB? He got hit in the neck? anyone have a link to replay of it?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Yea it didn't look bad at all, but he was down for a long time.  My guess is the puck hitting him in the back of the neck really knocked the wind out of him.

Yea it didn't look bad at all, but he was down for a long time.  My guess is the puck hitting him in the back of the neck really knocked the wind out of him.

a puck hitting you in the back of your neck wouldnt knock the wind out of you lol... enless you breath with the back of your neck.. thats your spine and a ton of nerves which was why it was so damn scary.. he got hit back there and then didnt move not even a finger .. he couldve been paralyzed(god forbid) my first thought was he got knocked out just because there was zero movement. he said it felt like an electric shock and he was afraid to move at first, said hes never felt anything like this before.

a puck hitting you in the back of your neck wouldnt knock the wind out of you lol... enless you breath with the back of your neck.. thats your spine and a ton of nerves which was why it was so damn scary.. he got hit back there and then didnt move not even a finger .. he couldve been paralyzed(god forbid) my first thought was he got knocked out just because there was zero movement. he said it felt like an electric shock and he was afraid to move at first, said hes never felt anything like this before.

You can get the wind knocked out of you if you get hit in the upper back though.  Granted it doesn't look like the puck hit him in the upper back.

I was prepared to be thrilled if we could get 3 points out of the possible 6 this week. We got 4 and almost a 5th, the boys did amazing and exceeded everyone's expectations, through bad play and good. Their ability to get an ugly win here and there is just as important moving forward as getting the nice pretty ones.

And if I had to pick the one or two games I wanted them to win on the trip, it was the Anaheim and L.A. ones. Expecting a S.J. win is pretty unreasonable and we shouldn't feel bad losing to one of the powerhouse Western teams 2-1, being a shot or two away from making it 2-2.

Edit: I always knew San Jose fans were great, but they really showed their class when Marty got back up, he pretty much got a standing ovation. As far as the crowd during the game, they were nice and loud and I've heard that building is one of the loudest in the league, mostly due to its design and the acoustics. Would love to go there for a game, always really love their team and Anaheim's, the two teams I generally push for to succeed out West.

Edited by DJ Eco

Geez that was a late one, game ended at 2am for me

Im glad the boys fought til the end, we could have tied and get a point too came really damn close, no shame tho the sharks are a fvcking good team.

2-1-0 is excellent on that trip.

My only worry is when salvador and volch comes back, a lot of our goals came from the D, with those 2 taking lots of minutes we'll restrain our chances. Of course they are better defensively but thats not really our problem either

The Devils need defense, especially on the PK.  

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201314&sit=4v5&pos=skaters&minutes=20&teamid=18&type=shots&sort=A20&sortdir=ASC

People like Zidlicky and Harrold are just not getting it done on the PK.

You can get the wind knocked out of you if you get hit in the upper back though.  Granted it doesn't look like the puck hit him in the upper back.

Also, the windpipe is located in the neck.  Getting struck there will knock one loopy.  Also, pinch a nerve and one could lose the functionality of their voice box.