USA v Mexico

Jimmy Leeds

If it's true that American servicemen were waving Mexican flags, they should be handed their fvcking discharge papers. And I don't care if they have Mexican backrounds... if you were born in this country and you're fighting in the US military, you're an AMERICAN... so fvcking act like it.

wait a second, here. that ^ is total jingoism.

those soldiers who were holding up the mexican flag are, most likely, of mexican heritage. yet they are in the US military. they are fighting a US war. on their shoulders there is a US flag.

they should absolutely be allowed to support whatever country they want to support when it comes to international soccer. they may support the mexican national team, but they put their lives on the line for the USA.

why can't they love the USA, believe in everything the USA stands for, and still support the mexican national team? i don't see the two as mutually exclusive. when it comes down to it, those guys are showing more patriotism then most USMNT fans are, because those guys are the one who are actually willing to die for their country.

chanting USA at a soccer game doesn't compare to taking a bullet or getting blown up. so let them wave their mexican flag.

.Just because i would die for my country doesn't mean I have to root for the soccer team....I always hear comments that if you were born and live in this country you need to support the US National team....well I think that's bullsh!t......

HERE'S A SECRET,TO YOU IGNORANT MOTHERfvckERS:

THE US MILITARY EMPLOYS NON-CITIZENS IN THEIR RANKS. They can apply to become a citizen afterwards if they so choose or die in the line of duty. Let those soldiers root for whomever they want. THEY ARE LITERALLY WILLFULLY LAYING DOWN THEIR LIVES FOR YOU so you can talk sh!t about them here. Have some fvcking respect.

and mexico won, dont go on about the ref.. im sick and tired of everytime mexico plays the us, the us fans bitch and moan about the refs when they lose. stfu!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true that American servicemen were waving Mexican flags, they should be handed their fvcking discharge papers. And I don't care if they have Mexican backrounds... if you were born in this country and you're fighting in the US military, you're an AMERICAN... so fvcking act like it.

Good post MD.

Your post also applies to Italian Americans, Irish Americans etc etc.

Oh BTW, you are either American, or not, there is no Italian, or Irish etc etc. IMO if a person is so fond of their heritage or decent, fvck off back.

Nothing pi$$es me off more than seeing cars/trucks with a foreign flag hanging from the rear veiw mirror.

wait a second, here. that ^ is total jingoism.

those soldiers who were holding up the mexican flag are, most likely, of mexican heritage. yet they are in the US military. they are fighting a US war. on their shoulders there is a US flag.

they should absolutely be allowed to support whatever country they want to support when it comes to international soccer. they may support the mexican national team, but they put their lives on the line for the USA.

why can't they love the USA, believe in everything the USA stands for, and still support the mexican national team? i don't see the two as mutually exclusive. when it comes down to it, those guys are showing more patriotism then most USMNT fans are, because those guys are the one who are actually willing to die for their country.

chanting USA at a soccer game doesn't compare to taking a bullet or getting blown up. so let them wave their mexican flag.

.Just because i would die for my country doesn't mean I have to root for the soccer team....I always hear comments that if you were born and live in this country you need to support the US National team....well I think that's bullsh!t......

HERE'S A SECRET,TO YOU IGNORANT MOTHERfvckERS:

THE US MILITARY EMPLOYS NON-CITIZENS IN THEIR RANKS. They can apply to become a citizen afterwards if they so choose or die in the line of duty. Let those soldiers root for whomever they want. THEY ARE LITERALLY WILLFULLY LAYING DOWN THEIR LIVES FOR YOU so you can talk sh!t about them here. Have some fvcking respect.

and mexico won, dont go on about the ref.. im sick and tired of everytime mexico plays the us, the us fans bitch and moan about the refs when they lose. stfu!

I completely disagree with this sentiment, if the US military LETS you join, the LEAST you can do is support the country you are fighting for.

Or is it more of a case that a foreigner would only join on the grounds for financial reasons but still spit in the face of the country that gives them an opportunity to make a living.

Like I said in another post, if a foreigner is so proud of their "native land" fvck off back and fight for your own country instead of pulling a Brent Sutter and only do it for the money when your heart isn't in it.

Respect works NOTH ways, don't $hit on the country that you CHOSE to serve. Or is the real reason you chose to serve for money ? looks like I'm getting to the truth here.

Loyalty sir, if those said foreigners will not support the country they chose to serve (be it for money or not) what use are they on the battle field ? They obviously don't believe in the US because their "loyalty" lies elsewhere.

I completely disagree with this sentiment, if the US military LETS you join, the LEAST you can do is support the country you are fighting for.

Or is it more of a case that a foreigner would only join on the grounds for financial reasons but still spit in the face of the country that gives them an opportunity to make a living.

Like I said in another post, if a foreigner is so proud of their "native land" fvck off back and fight for your own country instead of pulling a Brent Sutter and only do it for the money when your heart isn't in it.

Respect works NOTH ways, don't $hit on the country that you CHOSE to serve. Or is the real reason you chose to serve for money ? looks like I'm getting to the truth here.

Loyalty sir, if those said foreigners will not support the country they chose to serve (be it for money or not) what use are they on the battle field ? They obviously don't believe in the US because their "loyalty" lies elsewhere.

its a fvcking soccer game. they should be able to root for whoever they want.. as i stated before. youve got your head soo far up uncle sams ass, your making no sense.

its a fvcking soccer game. they should be able to root for whoever they want.. as i stated before. youve got your head soo far up uncle sams ass, your making no sense.

Football (soccer) isn't a matter of life or death, it's more important than that.

Bill Shankly 1913-1981

I'm from England sir, but now that I live in the US, work in the US, Married a US girl, I support the US, then England.

The US supports me by enabling (permitting) me to live and work here, the least I can do is return the favor and support the country in all aspects from the military to the soccer team to the Olympic team etc.

I'm not a fair weather fan who will support whoever is winning. It's a cop-out, if the US wins, those "soldiers" would have put away the Mexican flags and chanted USA USA, same with "Italian Americans" etc You cannot trust people like that, I don't anyway.

Oh Christ, we're not going down the "your heritage means nothing" road again, are we?

If you're a soldier in the American armed forces and you root for the Mexican soccer team, at least have the class to pipe down and put the flag away when they're playing against the country that signs your paycheck.

Oh Christ, we're not going down the "your heritage means nothing" road again, are we?

If you're a soldier in the American armed forces and you root for the Mexican soccer team, at least have the class to pipe down and put the flag away when they're playing against the country that signs your paycheck.

Bullseye. This is my point of view entirely.

Nothing pi$$es me off more than seeing cars/trucks with a foreign flag hanging from the rear veiw mirror.

This does grind my gears a bit though...

I don't get how some people don't get why some Americans might be offended by other Americans rooting against their own country's team.

Sure, there is no law against Americans rooting against the U.S.A., but that doesn't mean most people are going to appreciate it.

I don't get how some people don't get why some Americans might be offended by other Americans rooting against their own country's team.

Sure, there is no law against Americans rooting against the U.S.A., but that doesn't mean most people are going to appreciate it.

Aside from the usual flag chest-thumping I get it...but really to play devils advocate here, what's so different from someone making their living in one country rooting for the one they were born in as opposed to say, changing team loyalties just because you're in a different state? Do I have to become a Hurricanes fan if I move to Raleigh and make my living there? I was born in New Jersey and love the Devils, why should my loyalty switch just because I move to another state for whatever reason (economic, climate, family, whatever)?

Edited by Hasan4978