The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

Eventhough lundquist is really good, i eventhough i dont like to give credit to anyone on the rangers... You got to spread the credit it, hes good but theres ALWAYS like 3 guys right by him all the time blocking shots like crazy. They are helping him a LOT and hes getting too much credits

Eventhough lundquist is really good, i eventhough i dont like to give credit to anyone on the rangers... You got to spread the credit it, hes good but theres ALWAYS like 3 guys right by him all the time blocking shots like crazy. They are helping him a LOT and hes getting too much credits

Two breakaways and a complete robbery on Ovechkin off a tip, he is amazing. All of these games were all Capitals. It is funny how Ranger fans I know gloat about how many hits, blocked shots, and takeaways they have every game....ya because your team NEVER has puck possession. It boggles my mind how many times they find ways to win.

Edited by Zubie#8

With LA and Phoenix having commanding leads out West, if the Caps ever won this series all of a sudden the Devils-Flyers winner could not only get home-ice throughout the rest of the playoffs but also become the 'favorite' in a four-team tournament to win. Not that it means much considering all the favorites are biting the dust...but it's still nuts.

Edited by NJDevs4978

With LA and Phoenix having commanding leads out West, if the Caps ever won this series all of a sudden the Devils-Flyers winner could not only get home-ice throughout the rest of the playoffs but also become the 'favorite' in a four-team tournament to win. Not that it means much considering all the favorites are biting the dust...but it's still nuts.

I try so hard not to get too far ahead of myself when it comes to this stuff, I really don't, but I can't help it sometimes...thoughts like yours cross my mind. What the playoffs show is that these NHL teams really aren't very far apart anymore, in terms of talent, though some matchup better against some teams over others. I agree with Tri in that the playoffs really do feel more like a crapshoot now than they ever did. We may even see a SC winner take the Cup with 10 or 11 losses...that's never happened before.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Two breakaways and a complete robbery on Ovechkin off a tip, he is amazing. All of these games were all Capitals. It is funny how Ranger fans I know gloat about how many hits, blocked shots, and takeaways they have every game....ya because your team NEVER has puck possession. It boggles my mind how many times they find ways to win.

thats why the nyr will still win this series. their defense is a tremendous unit thats underrated. Today both goals had defenseman assists. They won a game 7 by defenseman scoring goals. They not only block shots, clear lanes and dont make many mistakes they add to the offense. the rangers attack starts from the defense.

I said that the biggest problem with the devils is they do not get enough offense or puck movement from the back end. it puts a ton of pressure on the forwards. i also think this contributes to some of the bipolar play. Imagine if the devils forwards actually had help back there?

I still think the Rangers win too BUT the Caps have a good history against them, and while the Rangers perhaps overachieved slightly in the regular season (which was enough to get them to the one seed as opposed to say, the six seed in a brutal division), the Caps massively underachieved for most of the year. Really the talent is close, and with Holtby holding up so far, they have every chance to win.

Plus although the Rangers have heart and intelligence like no team out there, you have to figure sooner or later playing 'every single' game like Game 7 (which they need to do to win) is going to catch up with them. Then again they have a good structure and don't need much out of the offense.

Edited by NJDevs4978

We may even see a SC winner take the Cup with 10 or 11 losses...that's never happened before.

It was close last year when Boston had 9...but they had a sweep sandwiched in the middle of three seven-game wars. But yeah, anyone that wins out of the East could well have double-digit losses with all the tight series.

lol at the rags fans (not on here), claiming that it's a conspiracy the league wants series to go long as possible/Washington advance. You have to be outside your mind if you think the NHL isn't drooling over the thought of a LA-NYR scf.

Pulling so hard for the Caps. Only NJD winning the cup would top the gif troll party on facebook/hf/twitter should the rags get KO'ed.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

I still think the Rangers win too BUT the Caps have a good history against them, and while the Rangers perhaps overachieved slightly in the regular season (which was enough to get them to 1 instead of say, 6), the Caps massively underachieved for most of the year. Really the talent is close, and with Holtby holding up so far, they have every chance to win.

Plus although the Rangers have heart, guts and intelligence like no team out there, you have to figure sooner or later playing 'every single' game like Game 7 (which they need to do to win) is going to catch up with them. Then again they have a good structure and don't need much out of the offense.

the fact that the capitals have had past success against them might factor in some mentally if it all, but its so different the way these teams now play and are that the only one who would feel effected is lundqvist if at all i a said.

i had the capitals as my dark horse this being the year if they got in as they look harmless and burned out that they would finally do what the previous "powerhouse" couldnt. sounds weird but its a wierd team lol. i give them alot of credit they are buying into a system and hanging tough and they are mentally as tough as any team including the rangers. its really a good a story if they can pull it out.

i really dont see the rangers burning out. they played all year like this. the one team that could really exploit them for any burnout in a later round is gone. i think maybe thats the reason biron played more as they knew theyd need queen to save them in the playoffs and without him theyd be swept. i just cant count them out. theyve passed every bit of scrutiny and test and erased alot of excuses.

The Ranger fans thought there was a conspiracy against them against OTTAWA when that Neil goal in Game 6 got allowed lol. I really don't get why they would think the league is against them...as much as I hate to bring it up, the NHL was at its peak in the last twenty years when the Rangers made their run in '94, so it would be foolish for the league to 'not' want its biggest US market to do well.

Christ, if the next series was ever Rangers-Devils, you could market two American golden boys in Callahan and Parise, among other things. And Rangers-Flyers they would be able to further capitalize on the Winter Classic/24-7 publicity with two big East markets.

Edited by NJDevs4978

the fact that the capitals have had past success against them might factor in some mentally if it all, but its so different the way these teams now play and are that the only one who would feel effected is lundqvist if at all i a said.

i had the capitals as my dark horse this being the year if they got in as they look harmless and burned out that they would finally do what the previous "powerhouse" couldnt. sounds weird but its a wierd team lol. i give them alot of credit they are buying into a system and hanging tough and they are mentally as tough as any team including the rangers. its really a good a story if they can pull it out.

i really dont see the rangers burning out. they played all year like this. the one team that could really exploit them for any burnout in a later round is gone. i think maybe thats the reason biron played more as they knew theyd need queen to save them in the playoffs and without him theyd be swept. i just cant count them out. theyve passed every bit of scrutiny and test and erased alot of excuses.

Man, you're just gonna beat this horse until it's dead. No one is built to do this close to 110 times, which is what the Rangers are going to have to do, because you could put them in a series with the Columbus Blue Jackets right now and it would be long and drawn out. This one was predestined to go 7 once the Caps tied it up in Game 2. They cannot come out of their shell to put someone away. They're going to keep flipping coins and eventually something is going to go wrong.

Man, you're just gonna beat this horse until it's dead. No one is built to do this close to 110 times, which is what the Rangers are going to have to do, because you could put them in a series with the Columbus Blue Jackets right now and it would be long and drawn out. This one was predestined to go 7 once the Caps tied it up in Game 2. They cannot come out of their shell to put someone away. They're going to keep flipping coins and eventually something is going to go wrong.

the blue jackets? come on. now youre just pulling it out of your ass.

we'll find out by wednesday or friday wont we?

the blue jackets? come on. now youre just pulling it out of your ass.

we'll find out by wednesday or friday wont we?

Why, is Friday Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals? They're not even halfway through the playoffs, they barely beat one bad team, and sh!t, it was on total happenstance, a Ranger blowing a wheel in front of a Sens d-man who TRIPPED over his corpse, which let Staal jump up into the play.... and now they're in a tight series with the 7 seed, and I'm supposed to be in awe of them? Yeah, they put out a great effort, unfortunate the great effort is in their end, giving themselves up to keep shots off goal.

If they keep reducing their games to coinflips, eventually they will be gone.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

The Caps have and are putting up the biggest fight with every team they come across so far. Honestly, I think I'd rather play the Rags then the Caps if we make next round. Holtby is a start and is keeping them in it in every way. rags are about goalie and defense. Caps have better offensive strength. Both are dangerous.. The Kings? Never thought I'd see them almost sweep the best defensive team. I was expecting as we all were, a NSH vs STL now looks totally opposite. Im Fine with PHX goign forward watching them write their own History this year great for them. As they are nearing a deal to stay in Phoenix, very good for their fans as they make history all together.

Why, is Friday Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals? They're not even halfway through the playoffs, they barely beat one bad team, and sh!t, it was on total happenstance, a Ranger blowing a wheel in front of a Sens d-man who TRIPPED over his corpse, which let Staal jump up into the play.... and now they're in a tight series with the 7 seed, and I'm supposed to be in awe of them? Yeah, they put out a great effort, unfortunate the great effort is in their end, giving themselves up to keep shots off goal.

If they keep reducing their games to coinflips, eventually they will be gone.

The Senators weren't a bad team, but everything else here is correct. The rangers could win, but they are clearly breaking even with anyone they play. Real hard to win 4 playoff series that way.