Sat, Dec 14 Tampa Bay at New Jersey7:00 MSG+ (Snow Edition))

DevilMinder

He said hes trying to get a goalie going and ride him, pretty clear marty is going to start against Ottawa unfortunately.

Oh.  Well Ottawa would make some sense in that they're not a great team themselves.  Marty always finds ways to prove me wrong, and the problem is nowadays is you never know which Marty you're gonna get.

good for you zubes; thank you jagr.

brunner's goal was very skilled

cant believe stamkos is skating today

Zubrus is having a great season.  He's on pace for around 40-45 points which is good for him.

Brunner has looked like a completely different player these past 3 games.  Hope he keeps it up.

I don't think Stamkos is human.  But it's such a great thing to hear.  When he's playing, it's only good for the league.

That was a nice win, and one we needed badly. Hopefully Phoenix helps out tonight.

Absolutely.

lol good luck with that one.  Marty probably got the next two starts with tonight's game.  

Yeah I know.  lol

Yeah, that was supposed to be a six month injury! Pretty incredible.

Seriously, I can't figure out how he's doing it.  Just incredible!

I don't like the Hawks defense.  They're absolutely terrible at preventing goals.  I'd take the Sharks over Chicago everyday of the week.

Did Pete say who was starting already?

he said if one of them get hot thats who he is going to ride until else wise.. marty had a sh!tout clearly he is the hot one to ride for the next game.. we will see him wednesday unless something happens in one of their practices

Marty is still capable of playing good games, but for every solid one, there seems to be two CBJs. In any event, it's nice to see him extend his records.

Brunner is back to his early October form and it's definitely needed. He brings an element that not many forwards on this team have.

I thought Gelinas played one of his better defensive games lately. He was getting a bit out of control but he was pretty sound tonight and even made a nice pass to Brunner

• Like 1

Marty is still capable of playing good games, but for every solid one, there seems to be two CBJs. In any event, it's nice to see him extend his records.

Brunner is back to his early October form and it's definitely needed. He brings an element that not many forwards on this team have.

I thought Gelinas played one of his better defensive games lately. He was getting a bit out of control but he was pretty sound tonight and even made a nice pass to Brunner

I think he looked better with Larsson than he did with Merrill.  Not that he looked bad with Merrill by any stretch.  If I'm Pete, I'm willing to throw caution to the wind and pair Merrill up with Greene.  Merrill has a great one timer from the right side, and Greene is a good passer.  I'd put Fayne and Volchenkov on a pairing to form a true shutdown pairing.

I'm looking forward to a Clowe-Elias-Brunner line once Clowe starts playing again.

Until then, it would be nice to try Elias-Josefson-Brunner again for a couple games. Although Josefson may not be the best solution, I'm starting to feel like Bernier is getting too much ice time.

Plus, wtf is going on with Henrique?

Marty always finds ways to prove me wrong, and the problem is nowadays is you never know which Marty you're gonna get.

And that's the problem and remains the problem...it's always nice to see him have a game like last night's, but Marty is now like a .330 hitter who's become a .230 hitter who has an occasional 4-for-4 day or an 8-for-20 burst over multiple games.  His valleys (especially this year) are really bad and have cost the Devils points.   

That being said, Cory has to realize there's a double standard right now, and DeBoer favors Marty.  Cory's in a tough spot, because it looks like DeBoer either doesn't trust him or doesn't want to trust him.  It's not fair, but Cory is going to have to be terrific for 3-4 games at least before he gets any leeway.  As long as he doesn't do that, Marty will continue to get at least half of the starts...sometimes it almost feels like DeBoer wants him to have a 'meh' start so he can go right back to Marty. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Cory needs to run away with the job like he was doing earlier in the year.

Marty had a great game last night, I didn't want him to start, that's for sure. But from the first save, he looked pretty controlled out there.

I still Pete needs to give Cory more leeway, and I think next week should still be Cory/Cory/Marty.

marty was solid. he played technical. brunners goal was huge, everyone was thinking "here we go again".  zubie's horrible on that first line! gotta move him to the third where he belongs!! LMAO  want to teach a kid how to play hockey, just watch zajac then work on his shooting :)

bolts gave up in the 3rd, no one wanted the puck behind their net

Cory's had some bad games right when Pete has been waiting for him to take the job, but at the same time, he has played against much better teams. It's been frustrating. Deboer has certainly given Brodeur more leash than Cory. Marty has put up way more stinkers than Cory.

I imagine Brodeur will start Wednesday and that sucks. Cory is the perfect goalie for this game. Looking at the last 3 Devils-Senators games: NJ has completely dominated outshooting Ottawa 42-22, 33-11, and 34-14. They have lost all 3 with Brodeur being in nets each time. Simply unacceptable and so have the goals Brodeur has let in.

Having said all that, Brodeur was great last night. 

And since I have been giving Deboer and Janssen crap...the 4th line has been awesome for a while now. A lot of good shifts when the other team isn't quickly jumping Malkin or St Louis on the ice when they see Janssen. But when they have gone against non-superstars, there have been some great shifts. Maybe the positive words from Pete have helped Janssen relax and not try to do to much.

Time for you to upgrade to a full season plan.

4-0 vs the Rags

5-0 vs the Preds

3-1 vs the Pens

1-0 vs the Sabres

3-0 vs the Bolts (I did not attend this game)

I've also been to two games not part of my 13 game plan.  They're 0-1-1 in those games (opening night vs the Isles and the game vs the Flyers).

Would you....

PUT henrique on the wing with elias and brunner? I mean he need to play with good player and need to produce often... Elias and brunner seems to start clicking.

If Brunner play the rest of the season the way he play the last 3 game, he could become a really important player for us for a long time. I love him, but i felt he was invisible at some point. He start well and was really good lately i wish he can produce on a daily bases 

I would love to see

Bernier-Loktionov- Ryder

I know that mean boucher would be out... but i think he need more time in the AHL.

Your thought

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good. I was happy that I made it up there from Toms River. It was pretty nasty going up the parkway but we took the train from Metropark and it was smooth sailing from there. All rain on the drive home too so no worries there. I was also pleasantly surprised at the amount of people there given the storm. Anyway, up in the 230's it was pretty loud, frequent chants and people very into it. Then leaving the game everybody was going nuts too, the skyway walking back to Newark Penn reminded me of the tunnel from CAA over to Giants Stadium. Good times were had.

Great game all around.

Overall our attendance has been poor and the atmosphere in the arena horrible this season.  However, considering what people went through to get to that game on Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout.

Oh, and the "let's go santa" chant started by the Diablos was funny, and probably the most original thing they have come up with to date. 

Looking at the last 3 Devils-Senators games: NJ has completely dominated outshooting Ottawa 42-22, 33-11, and 34-14. They have lost all 3 with Brodeur being in nets each time. Simply unacceptable and so have the goals Brodeur has let in.

I could be wrong, but wasn't the first Ottawa-NJ game one of Schneider's starts? I think I remember it because it was probably the first subpar game that Schneider played, a few early goals, etc.. Maybe I'm wrong though..

I could be wrong, but wasn't the first Ottawa-NJ game one of Schneider's starts? I think I remember it because it was probably the first subpar game that Schneider played, a few early goals, etc.. Maybe I'm wrong though..

The first two games in dr33's list date to last season.  The Devils have only played one game against the Sens so far this season.  Brodeur was in net for a 5-2 loss.

The first two games in dr33's list date to last season.  The Devils have only played one game against the Sens so far this season.  Brodeur was in net for a 5-2 loss.

And it was easily Brodeur's worst game of the year, he let in 3 awful goals, and afterwards he talked about the net going to Schneider and all that.

But this game against Tampa was great.  I can't really explain it.  One thing I will say is that this is a game where NJ did the opposite what their critics usually accuse them of doing - the Devils didn't put up a ton of shots, but they got 4 breakaways and capitalized on the chances they got.  Meanwhile Tampa had a lot of shots and attempts at net but they didn't put up a ton of scoring chances.  I bet chances were close to even.  Nice to see NJ play that sort of game.