‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Tom Gulitti just tweets, Peter DeBoer just said on NHL Live that he's "optimistic we can get something done" with Zach Parise.

And as far as Crosby luring him Travis Zajak is his best freind they played in ND together he loves it here. The only reason we don't sign Zach is going to be because of the debt the Devils are in plain and simple.

Sorry Moustic typing on a phone!, lol

Edited by Devs1965

I think DeBoer is really referring to the fact that he's hopeful and believes in his mind that something will get done.

Highly unlikely he knows anything or has any inside info at this point to lead to that conclusion, he's just making a personal statement.

He could have zero insider info and still be "optimistic." That statement means nothing.

That's a bit untrue. He doesn't just have insider info, he's also part of the Devils organization, where every word is picked very carefully, especially around a sensitive subject like this. What I take from his statement is that signing Parise looks within reach. But maybe that's just me.

Dreger tweeted that "its a good possibility" that the Caps trade Semin's rights.

If we lose Zach, Id say count Semin out. I personally didn't think that was a good chance anyway, but yeah.

Gotta hand it to the Caps if they do so. They got something out of Wideman (no matter how paltry) and may get something out of Semin too.

Posted this in the wrong thread, but I guess it kinda fits here lol

Edited by ghdi

People way, way undervalue Zach Parise around here. Dude was a monster playdriver carrying around Kovalchuk's corpse for most of the playoffs.

The idea that Kovalchuk's skills won't go away has SOME merit to it, but look at the history of goal scorers - it's not a pretty history. Kovalchuk has back problems also, that's not exactly saying 'perfect future'. Yes, there are players like Selanne and Hull who've maintained their scoring. There are also plenty of players whose careers were over by 32.

And again - what has changed about Kovalchuk that would make him tradeable? I guess the salary cap, but no one was willing to sign him to that deal in 2010. Has really that much changed?

People way, way undervalue Zach Parise around here. Dude was a monster playdriver carrying around Kovalchuk's corpse for most of the playoffs.

The idea that Kovalchuk's skills won't go away has SOME merit to it, but look at the history of goal scorers - it's not a pretty history. Kovalchuk has back problems also, that's not exactly saying 'perfect future'. Yes, there are players like Selanne and Hull who've maintained their scoring. There are also plenty of players whose careers were over by 32.

And again - what has changed about Kovalchuk that would make him tradeable? I guess the salary cap, but no one was willing to sign him to that deal in 2010. Has really that much changed?

Kind of. While he's not gonna win a selke anytime soon, his two way play his wayyyyyy better. He's also one of the top penalty killers in the league which no one knew about

I think to a degree it has, two years ago people didn't know if he could play for a winner or adapt his game and I don't mean just Manta. There was a lot of anti-Kovy sentiment in the league.

The biggest impediment to trading him (not that it would make any sense to) is the $11 million per in real money he's getting paid the next few years, not his cap number or anything else.

Perhaps but I doubt he's in the room negotiating. PDB seems optomistic by nature anyway :lol:

True, but at least PDB can pick up the phone and dial Lou to ask how things are going at the negotiating table. None of us can do that. We have to rely on the CAA security guard for all of our inside info. :lol:

Tom Gulitti just tweets, Peter DeBoer just said on NHL Live that he's "optimistic we can get something done" with Zach Parise.

And as far as Crosby luring him Travis Zajak is his best freind they played in ND together he loves it here. The only reason we don't sign Zach is going to be because of the debt the Devils are in plain and simple.

Sorry Moustic typing on a phone!, lol

Zajac

True, but at least PDB can pick up the phone and dial Lou to ask how things are going at the negotiating table. None of us can do that. We have to rely on the CAA security guard for all of our inside info. :lol:

You obviously know nothing. You don't talk to Lou on the phone. You get permission from the heads of the five families and maybe you get a sit-down at Panera.

• Like 3

From http://triblive.com/sports/2082976-85/penguins-parise-suter-crosby-defenseman-free-million-salary-agency-believe

Armed with salary cap space — and a captain they believe can serve as hockey’s finest pitchman — the Penguins aim to go nuclear when NHL free agency opens July 1. Their plan is to pursue the two top players on the market, Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter and New Jersey winger Zach Parise, sources told the Tribune-Review this weekend at the NHL Entry Draft. Team sources said Crosby soon will sign a new contract in the range of 10 to 13 years with an average annual salary of between $9 million and $10 million and will try to recruit Parise, his longtime friend, and Suter.

The Penguins do not believe New Jersey would deal Parise’s rights to a division rival, but they are banking on a couple of selling points when he hits the market. Fresh off a run to the Stanley Cup Final with the Devils, for whom he served as captain, Parise prefers to play for a title contender, the Penguins believe. The Penguins are favored to win the Cup by Las Vegas bookmakers. Also, Parise and Crosby are good friends and share ties to a Minnesota prep school, Shattuck-St. Mary’s. Crosby is already in the ear of Parise about the possibility of playing together. Though confident they can land Parise in free agency, the Penguins believe he will receive a heavily front-loaded offer from at least one club, most likely the Minnesota Wild.

I love it. When in the past five seasons have the Pens not been favored to win the cup. It's an easy bet. I also love the fact that although we got to the cup this season, inaugurated a new system that has strong defense and offense, and can roll 4 offensively dynamic lines, we're not considered close to being considered contenders. Technically, any team that makes the playoffs is a "contender". Whatever. I guess this writer is correct since we lost in the opening round 4-1 against the Flyers. Oh Wait!

The whole DB quote is important : (from TG)

As for Parise, in an interview NHL Live this afternoon Devils coach Pete DeBoer sounded hopeful that the team will re-sign him.

“I think we’ve done all we can do,” DeBoer said. “I think Zach recognizes how important he is to the team. We’ve made that clear. Without his leadership we don’t get to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. I think he saw the rewards of the work he’s put in come to fruition in getting as close as we did and I think he sees an upside with some of the young guys that are not only contributing now, but I think they’re going to take another step – the (Adam) Henriques, the (Adam) Larsson, the (Jacob) Josefsons.

“So, I don’t think it’s lip service when the consistent message from Zach has been that he likes the situation, he likes New Jersey and I’m optimistic that we can get something done because I don’t want to consider life without him yet.”

Link

You obviously know nothing. You don't talk to Lou on the phone. You get permission from the heads of the five families and maybe you get a sit-down at Panera.

'In my city, you'd keep the traffic to the blues, the Ranger fans. They're animals anyway, let them lose their souls.'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.