Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

Let's say you are coaching a game in front of your own friends and family in your own town or city. How would you feel if your team scored a goal, and all your friends and family did afterwards was mock the opposing team instead of showing support for you and your team?

Fans should be celebrating and showing support for their team following a goal instead of mocking the opposition. It makes it seem like we are focused on the opposition screwing up.

Class isn't the issue.

The Devils players likely don't give a sh!t what the fans chant after a goal is scored.  This isn't about them.  It's about the portion of the fanbase that complained and wanted the song changed due to the chant, and the others that didn't want the change and/or will continue the "you suck" chant regardless of what song is picked.  

It's clear that management has made up their mind and is not going to bend to the will of the large majority of this fanbase.  That's fine.  But, in reality, I don't personally think much will change (except for the song itself) because the "you suck" chant isn't going away with SNA.  Thankfully, this will all be over soon.

it is ridiculous how much it has been dragged out, but my point was that there are fellow FANS respectfully asking others to stop the chant. It's not just some rich guy who bought the team and made it priority 1 to stop it.

Except it really was just about 1 rich guy trying to make it stop. Only a very small percentage of the fan base appeared to actively detest the chant to the point of wanting the goal song changed. I never heard a devils fan, before the new owner came in, say that he/she wished rnr2 would be removed (aside from the pedo crap). Our society is so full of debate debate debate that everything just has to have two equal amounts of proponents to an issue. So it appears that the anti you suck ppl are in greater numbers than they actually are.

I want to put this here because I don't know where else to put it.  I really liked against Tampa how there was a chant for Jagr, Henrique and Marty.  I definitely think that is a tradition to keep going, for anybody who scores for the Devils, not just our favorites, and of course, when the goalie makes a nice save. 

I think we have been doing this for the fan favorites, but I would like to see it expanded to all players.

The Devils players likely don't give a sh!t what the fans chant after a goal is scored.  This isn't about them.  It's about the portion of the fanbase that complained and wanted the song changed due to the chant, and the others that didn't want the change and/or will continue the "you suck" chant regardless of what song is picked.  

It's clear that management has made up their mind and is not going to bend to the will of the large majority of this fanbase.  That's fine.  But, in reality, I don't personally think much will change (except for the song itself) because the "you suck" chant isn't going away with SNA.  Thankfully, this will all be over soon.

That's not the point.  When you go to the Rock, you're there to cheer for the Devils.  Whether or not the players care is irrelevant.  The point is, it doesn't look good when we're more focused on the opposition than we are our own team.

• Like 1

And your point?

you are a pot calling the kettle black

here are two quotes (by you) which side are you on?

"Fans should be celebrating and showing support for their team following a goal instead of mocking the opposition"

"I do have a confession to make.  I was actually partaking in the YS chant tonight simply because it was the Rags"

"Fans should be celebrating and showing support for their team following a goal instead of mocking the opposition"

"I do have a confession to make.  I was actually partaking in the YS chant tonight simply because it was the Rags"

I told him that like 30 pages ago, lol.

baha browns been caught!

Well I can tell you it's not that I don't like the chant.  I just don't like it after we score a goal.  And the one time I did do it, it was after our fourth goal against the Rags.

Well I can tell you it's not that I don't like the chant.  I just don't like it after we score a goal.  And the one time I did do it, it was after our fourth goal against the Rags.

I dont mind either way.......do it if you like it....its not up to me

many times after I come home from a game or a bar I say to myself...dude you shouldn't have said that..or did that...but I did it and its to late now !

I dont mind either way.......do it if you like it....its not up to me

many times after I come home from a game or a bar I say to myself...dude you shouldn't have said that..or did that...but I did it and its to late now !

I don't like it after we score a goal because I'd rather we be showing support for our team during that time.  I'd rather be yelling "What a shot Henrique!" or "Way to go guys!" instead of "you suck".

Any other time during the game, I'm more than happy to tell the opposition that they suck.  Out of 100 goals the Devils score, you might catch me chanting "You Suck" twice or even less.  On very rare occasions do I partake in the chant.

Except it really was just about 1 rich guy trying to make it stop. Only a very small percentage of the fan base appeared to actively detest the chant to the point of wanting the goal song changed. I never heard a devils fan, before the new owner came in, say that he/she wished rnr2 would be removed (aside from the pedo crap). Our society is so full of debate debate debate that everything just has to have two equal amounts of proponents to an issue. So it appears that the anti you suck ppl are in greater numbers than they actually are.

I don't really care about the chant and in fact I've partaken in it many times. But it's clear on this message board that there is a significant enough portion of the fan base who have asked that it stop and so I defer to their wishes.

When a significant enough amount of people have a problem with something and it's within reason, it's easier and better for everybody to just stop doing it. When people refuse, I'm glad ownership stepped in and did something about it.

caught trying to play for both sides of the fence my man

Well if you read through the thread, you would see which side I'm clearly on.  And when I posted that one statement, I never actually supported or condoned the "You suck" chant.  Notice how I qualified it by saying "I have a confession to make."?  I'm not playing both sides of the fence as you say.  It's more like I had an instance of poor judgment that I thought I would share.  I'm prone to alcohol much like anybody else here.

Edited by Mike Brown

Well if you read through the thread, you would see which side I'm clearly on.  And when I posted that one statement, I never actually supported or condoned the "You suck" chant.  Notice how I qualified it by saying "I have a confession to make."?  I'm not playing both sides of the fence as you say.  It's more like I had an instance of poor judgment that I thought I would share.  I'm prone to alcohol much like anybody else here.

yeah its called being human and having a good time

thats why I think this thread should be 7 or 8 pages....not 78

lol thats a funny post boss.. dont take life on a forum board so seriously i was breaking your balls.. believe me i dont care if yourself or someone else on a forum board chants you suck at a game... however you enjoy the game enjoy it.

lol thats a funny post boss.. dont take life on a forum board so seriously i was breaking your balls.. believe me i dont care if yourself or someone else on a forum board chants you suck at a game... however you enjoy the game enjoy it.

Sorry man.  My bad.

That doesn't make you not a hypocrite. You campaigned as hard as anyone that the chant needed to go, then you took part yourself.

In addition to that, "I have a confession to make..." is not a qualifying statement and using one, even if you had correctly, would not make it less hypocritical.

That doesn't make you not a hypocrite. You campaigned as hard as anyone that the chant needed to go, then you took part yourself.

In addition to that, "I have a confession to make..." is not a qualifying statement and using one, even if you had correctly, would not make it less hypocritical.

Jesus....back off McCoy  :wacko:  He did it, alcohol was alluded to (which probably plays a part among others who do) and that was that. I'm thinking he recognizes how silly it is BY partaking in it, which is more then i can say for those that continue to do so. 

• Like 1