2015 New York Jets thread

NJDevs4978

It's not about development. Sanchez just wasn't that good a player and neither is Geno. They flat out picked wrong both times. They didn't screw up a prized prospect, they screwed up in selecting and trying to find something that isn't there.

This is the true beginning of the end of the Rex Ryan era. The season is about to get away from them 2012 style. They WILL be 1-6 in a few weeks. There is already cracks showing (fans booing, chanting we want vick, geno cursing at the fans, rex saying he'll stick with geno despite a real QB on the bench...Mo Wilk and Sheldon making some comments)

plus today we had Antonio Allen, Harrison, Nelson, and a few other guys get hurt. It's all starting to go to hell in a hand basket soon and it's not about to get any better

Idzik didn't go the extra mile in the offseason. Steve Smith, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks...notice where these receivers signed with. Elite NFL franchises who have super bowls in the recent past. Is it a coincidence that THOSE TEAMS know you need to stock up at WR? Idzik got Decker. Great! But he didn't go the extra mile at WR. He didn't go the extra mile at CB.

Still I think Idzik will stay. Maybe he sells Woody on a long term plan...I do believe he has one but I believe he let an opportunity to contend in 2014 go by the board

Rex will foolishly fall on his sword and just play Geno until he turns in a Sanchez vs Arizona type effort. Then he'll have no choice but to go to Vick. But the season will be over by then.

Sanchez was compromised by a bad elbow for two years supposedly, until he tore it.  I don't know how much the Jets can or can't be blamed for that.

http://articles.philly.com/2014-08-12/sports/52692451_1_mark-sanchez-new-york-jets-torn-labrum

If you look at Sanchez's ineffectiveness, a lot of it was just flat out dumb throws...not so much arm strength issues, but screen pass pick 6's, errant lobs in the middle of the field under pressure. He just never played smart, torn labrum or not.

It's not about development. Sanchez just wasn't that good a player and neither is Geno. They flat out picked wrong both times. They didn't screw up a prized prospect, they screwed up in selecting and trying to find something that isn't there.

I have the feeling we're gonna find out before the end of the season between Foles' inconsistencies and the sketchy offensive line play Sanchez probably will play meaningful snaps in Philly before the season's over.

But yeah sadly I agree about the season blowing up...I can't see them being any better than 2-5 after they get through with Rivers/Peyton/Brady, and even that might be pushing it.

I have the feeling we're gonna find out before the end of the season between Foles' inconsistencies and the sketchy offensive line play Sanchez probably will play meaningful snaps in Philly before the season's over.

But yeah sadly I agree about the season blowing up...I can't see them being any better than 2-5 after they get through with Rivers/Peyton/Brady, and even that might be pushing it.

I would sign for 2-5. heh. If the Jets have ANY saving grace right now it's that they haven't even played anybody in the division yet and their only conference game was a win.

Still, it's a certainty they will be 1-6. Rex has never had anything close to this kind of disaster. By 1-6 it will probably be very apparent Rex is a goner...will he become totally unhinged?

Is he really going to let Geno Smith drive the final nail into his Jets casket? With a better QB sitting on the sidelines?

Credit to Herman Edwards. He recognized it in 2002. And went to Chad. That was our last division title

Parcells saw it in 1998. And gave the reign to Vinny.

For the love of god Rex. Let the better QB try and pull this out of the fire while you still have a chance!

Edited by '7'

Is he really going to let Geno Smith drive the final nail into his Jets casket? With a better QB sitting on the sidelines?

For the love of god Rex. Let the better QB try and pull this out of the fire while you still have a chance!

I was very surprised by Rex's comments, and his insistence on sticking with Geno.  For one, Rex isn't THAT secure here that he can afford to punt a season, and one more loss puts the Jets perilously close to doing that.  For another, why even bother bringing Vick in at all if you're not going to use him?  Rex has given Geno four full games to show him something.  The schedule is about to get a lot tougher for them, and the AFC East remains wide open (I think the Pats are going to lose tonight).  I think the Jets HAVE to go with Vick at this point (though they're clearly not going to). 

I still think the decision to play and continue to play Geno is coming from upstairs.  Rex giving Sanchez blind loyalty is one thing, Sanchez was a top ten pick and actually gave Rex some results his first two plus years - plus let's face it they really didn't have a better option.  Rex giving Geno blind loyalty when Vick is standing next to him and his own job may be on the line makes no sense, even for Rex.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I still think the decision to play and continue to play Geno is coming from upstairs.  Rex giving Sanchez blind loyalty is one thing, Sanchez was a top ten pick and actually gave Rex some results his first two plus years - plus let's face it they really didn't have a better option.  Rex giving Geno blind loyalty when Vick is standing next to him and his own job may be on the line makes no sense, even for Rex.

If Rex is still neutered after the job he did guiding last year's squad to 8-8...that's ridiculous.  And really not fair to Rex at all. 

Rex will foolishly fall on the sword.

I've been thinking that all season long.. until I read this:  http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11605699/some-new-york-jets-disenchanted-gm-john-idzik-plan

At first glance when I saw "unidentified\un-named players" I assumed this was the same rhetoric spewed by a Manish Mehta, or a Rich Cimini. Some bullsh!t TMZ beatwriting hack. But here's the difference.. Adam Schefter is not a hack. He is the Bob McKenzie of football, and there is absolute credential to the information in that article. How can Woody honestly block it all out?? The media, fans, analysts, and now, even the players on the Jets themselves are all talking about the failure of Idzik. How can Woody possibly be defiant in the face of reality??

Rex is loved by his players.. absolutely loved. If they fire him and he gets a gig elsewhere, it is very likely that players will follow him there.. much like Ravens followed him here. (Reed, Leonhard, Mason, Scott, Landry, Pryce, etc) The Jets are going to try desperately to resign Mo Wilk next season.. but if they fail, then it was essentially a wasted year to carry over all this money under the cap. Likewise, look at the free agents on defense alone next season: Ellis, Landry, Pace, Harris, Douzable, Harrison, Allen, etc.

If the players are so in love with Ryan, that they're empathizing with him against Idzik.. do you really think they'll resign to stay with the Jets if\when Rex gets fired?  :noclue:  Who holds the cards here? Furthermore.. if Rex was really "coaching for his job" wouldn't he put in Vick by now?

Maybe, just maybe.. we got it all wrong with the front-office and Rex. Maybe he was told in advance that: no matter what, you're coming back next season. Just a thought.

I was very surprised by Rex's comments, and his insistence on sticking with Geno. Why even bother bringing Vick in at all if you're not going to use him? The schedule is about to get a lot tougher for them.

Could this possibly be the answer to the Jets hidden agenda? Are they saving Vick for the winnable games after this stretch?

Perhaps the thinking is: "Look, we're probably not going to beat Denver anyway, with or without Vick. So why bother playing him and risk injury?" Maybe the train-of-thought is to stick with Geno though this stretch, and then make the move to Vick when the Jets play: Minny, Buffalo, Tennessee, KC, Pittsburgh, Miami, etc.

3 years ago, the Denver Broncos started 1-5.. made the switch to Tim Tebow, and finished the year 8-8. Alot of what went into that run (along with luck) was the timing of making the switch. Not saying the Jets will go win 6 games in-a-row in November & December.. just trying to find some rationale here.

Edited by Beezer34

I've been thinking that all season long.. until I read this:  http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11605699/some-new-york-jets-disenchanted-gm-john-idzik-plan

At first glance when I saw "unidentified\un-named players" I assumed this was the same rhetoric spewed by a Manish Mehta, or a Rich Cimini. Some bullsh!t TMZ beatwriting hack. But here's the difference.. Adam Schefter is not a hack. He is the Bob McKenzie of football, and there is absolute credential to the information in that article. How can Woody honestly block it all out?? The media, fans, analysts, and now, even the players on the Jets themselves are all talking about the failure of Idzik. How can Woody possibly be defiant in the face of reality??

Rex is loved by his players.. absolutely loved. If they fire him and he gets a gig elsewhere, it is very likely that players will follow him there.. much like Ravens followed him here. (Reed, Leonhard, Mason, Scott, Landry, Pryce, etc) The Jets are going to try desperately to resign Mo Wilk next season.. but if they fail, then it was essentially a wasted year to carry over all this money under the cap. Likewise, look at the free agents on defense alone next season: Ellis, Landry, Pace, Harris, Douzable, Harrison, Allen, etc.

If the players are so in love with Ryan, that they're empathizing with him against Idzik.. do you really think they'll resign to stay with the Jets if\when Rex gets fired?  :noclue:  Who holds the cards here? Furthermore.. if Rex was really "coaching for his job" wouldn't he put in Vick by now?

Maybe, just maybe.. we got it all wrong with the front-office and Rex. Maybe he was told in advance that: no matter what, you're coming back next season. Just a thought.

Could this possibly be the answer to the Jets hidden agenda? Are they saving Vick for the winnable games after this stretch?

Perhaps the thinking is: "Look, we're probably not going to beat Denver anyway, with or without Vick. So why bother playing him and risk injury?" Maybe the train-of-thought is to stick with Geno though this stretch, and then make the move to Vick when the Jets play: Minny, Buffalo, Tennessee, KC, Pittsburgh, Miami, etc.

3 years ago, the Denver Broncos started 1-5.. made the switch to Tim Tebow, and finished the year 8-8. Alot of what went into that run (along with luck) was the timing of making the switch. Not saying the Jets will go win 6 games in-a-row in November & December.. just trying to find some rationale here.

its a thought, but i cant see the jets just punting away games. any given sunday in the nfl. u still got 2 play the games. its possible a vick led jets team could beat sd. not sure where u would get that from

not sure where u would get that from

Because it DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!! I'm trying desperately to make sense by finding ANYTHING, due to the fact that it doesn't..... make... any...... fvcking..... sense, to continue to play him. --on the field, or off the field!

On the field, Geno's ranked 1st in the league in turnovers.. and 38th in QB Rating. Off the field, he's imploding.. with reports surfacing that he was sulking after the game yesterday... cursing off fans.. and now getting fined as a result by the NFL. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/43863/geno-smith-subject-to-11k-fine-for-cursing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is NOT something that makes sense for EITHER Rex or Idzik to be okay with naming him the undisputed starter for Week 5. As CR said earlier.. WHY DID YOU EVEN SIGN VICK IN THE FIRST PLACE if you weren't planning on using him???!!

It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense whatsoever.. AND THAT'S SAD!

Because it DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!! I'm trying desperately to make sense by finding ANYTHING, due to the fact that it doesn't..... make... any...... fvcking..... sense, to continue to play him. --on the field, or off the field!

On the field, Geno's ranked 1st in the league in turnovers.. and 38th in QB Rating. Off the field, he's imploding.. with reports surfacing that he was sulking after the game yesterday... cursing off fans.. and now getting fined as a result by the NFL. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/43863/geno-smith-subject-to-11k-fine-for-cursing?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is NOT something that makes sense for EITHER Rex or Idzik to be okay with naming him the undisputed starter for Week 5. As CR said earlier.. WHY DID YOU EVEN SIGN VICK IN THE FIRST PLACE if you weren't planning on using him???!!

It's the only thing I can think of that makes any sense whatsoever.. AND THAT'S SAD!

It could be as simple as Idzik saying to Rex 'this is my guy, he's playing, and I don't care what you say'. As crazy as that seems, I think it's the most likely scenario here.

It could be as simple as Idzik saying to Rex 'this is my guy, he's playing, and I don't care what you say'. As crazy as that seems, I think it's the most likely scenario here.

That seems pretty far fetched.  Since last year, Idzik has been chomping at the bit to get rid of Rex and bring in his own coach.  He can really only justify doing that to the fans and the owner if the team isn't winning.  If Geno is really bad, and Rex brings in Vick and the team performs above expectations after that is Idzik going to really fire him for that? 

I think people are also overestimating how attached the Jets are to Geno.  He was the 39th pick in the draft.  That's not the type of investment in a QB that makes you stick with him long after you should. 

The weird thing about it all was that Vick was brought in here for exactly this scenario:  Geno struggling on multiple fronts, the team looking like its season might be over before it begins...if you really feel like Geno is your guy, you don't bring in a guy like Vick...you bring in a lesser quantity who is much less of a threat to play better than the guy currently holding the job.  The Jets were clearly prepared for this very thing...but now don't want to do what they should. 

I give Vick credit, he's saying all the right things...but inside he must be thinking "Are you fvcking KIDDING me with this sh!t?!" 

Guess I was wrong about Geno being forced onto Rex:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/rex-ryan-says-changing-quarterbacks-mid-game-is-jets-decision-1412042276

Head coaches in the NFL typically have the ultimate control of their teams on the field—who enters the game, who exits, whether to punt on fourth down or go for it.

Apparently, Rex Ryan is not one of those coaches.

In an interview with ESPN radio host Michael Kay on Monday, Ryan said it wasn't solely his choice to keep playing struggling quarterback Geno Smith, even as veteran backup Michael Vick sits on the bench.

When Kay asked Ryan whether he had the authority to change quarterbacks during a game, much as a baseball manager would remove a pitcher having a rough day, Ryan demurred.

"Every decision we make in this franchise is a Jet decision, and I'll just leave it at that," the coach said.

Kay persisted, saying that the in-game decision as to which quarterback gives the team a better chance to win has to belong to the head coach. Ryan again deflected the question.

"It's always a Jets decision, and I'm just going to leave it at that no matter how many times you ask me the question," he said.

It's a mantra that both Ryan and general manager John Idzik have often repeated: Every personnel decision comes from Ryan, Idzik and their lieutenants. But that didn't make it any less startling to hear an NFL coach infer that he didn't have the authority to replace a quarterback who was having a bad game.

This is really no way to run an organization.  Even if Rex isn't much of an offensive line, at least leave it up to the offensive coordinator, or someone that's actually on the field.  Perhaps at some point, Rex gives an F-U to Idzik and puts Vick in on his own.  Just like last year when Idzik tried to go Rachel Phelps on Rex, if Vick performs well and wins some of those tough games, it'll be another humiliating defeat for Idzik. 

The weird thing about it all was that Vick was brought in here for exactly this scenario: Geno struggling on multiple fronts, the team looking like its season might be over before it begins...if you really feel like Geno is your guy, you don't bring in a guy like Vick...you bring in a lesser quantity who is much less of a threat to play better than the guy currently holding the job. The Jets were clearly prepared for this very thing...but now don't want to do what they should.

I give Vick credit, he's saying all the right things...but inside he must be thinking "Are you fvcking KIDDING me with this sh!t?!"

At this point I think Vick was brought here solely to mentor Geno and to provide the illusion of real competition so when Geno 'won' the job he'd have more credibility beating out Vick.

Sanchez did some good things with the Jets. He won some big games, both in the regular season and the playoffs.

Sanchez was a top ten pick and actually gave Rex some results his first two plus years.

sanchez was far from bad. looking back he got a raw deal w.the jets. that franchise doesnt know how to develop a qb

Sanchez was a good QB that was saddled with no O-line, RB's, TE's or quality WR's his last few years.

“Hi, my name is Mark Sanchez. I was a quarterback for the New York Jets from 2009 to 2014. I have the best postseason record in New York Jets history. On two occasions, I actually came close to going to the Superbowl. My rookie year was about as good as Brett Favre’s the season prior to mine.. (he’s the guy I replaced) --and I’ve even played in as many Championship games as Joe Namath, believe it or not. I had a win\loss record of: 31-19 over my first 50 regular-season\playoff games with the Jets! I was apart of that organization for 5 years, and had only one losing season. We made the playoffs my first two years, but.. we didn’t make the playoffs the next two. Couple that with a butt-fumble on Thanksgiving, and somehow, that was enough to destroy my tenure in New York. So they started looking to replace me. They first thought that guy would be Peyton Manning, but he signed on with another team. Then they benched me for this other kid named Greg McElroy, but.. he got sacked an NFL record high 14x in one game.. and now he doesn’t play football anymore. Then they signed Tim Tebow & David Garrard…….... yeah, they’re both not playing football anymore either. Mark Brunell lasted 2 seasons.. Kellen Clemens lasted 1.. Brady Quinn lasted 3 weeks.. Drew Stanton lasted 3 days. (no, seriously.. he was here for 3 days) Eventually they signed Michael Vick, and then two days later.. fired me. But the guy they finally settled on to be my replacement was Geno Smith. Geno Smith has played 20 games for the New York Jets. Thus-far, he’s thrown for 16 touchdowns, and 3,968 yards. (an average of 198 yrds per game) He’s turned the ball over 32 times.. and carries a 56% completion percentage. At the end of the day.. who am I to judge?? Afterall, I’m only a lowly backup quarterback, and Geno Smith is a starter. But I just have one question for the rabid fanbase of the New York Jets. Miss me yet?:thumbsup:

IMG_6734_zps858363b8.png

Edited by Beezer34

Welp I picked a good week to go a family movie over watching the game at least :rolleyes:

At least we can end the fallacy of Vick being a savior though.  It should be Geno for the rest of the season then if (when?) he doesn't show improvement then they can get another QB at the end of the season.

Easy and inaccurate to simply call #Jets QB's bad. They are set up to fail. Go get some real weapons first. #Joke

Yeah as much as I don't trust Geno this is true too. Chris Johnson is awful and unneccesary with Ivory/Powell. Decker can't stay on the field. This offense has been an utter joke for years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Welp I picked a good week to go a family movie over watching the game at least :rolleyes:

At least we can end the fallacy of Vick being a savior though.  It should be Geno for the rest of the season then if (when?) he doesn't show improvement then they can get another QB at the end of the season.

Yeah as much as I don't trust Geno this is true too. Chris Johnson is awful and unneccesary with Ivory/Powell. Decker can't stay on the field. This offense has been an utter joke for years.

That's on Idzik. Emmanuel Sanders was there, Hakeem Nicks. But no for some reason he decided we didn't need them. Just like we didn't need a legit NFL secondary.

I'm unhappy with Rex, but I'm REALLY unhappy with Idzik. He's the one who should go first after this abortion of as season. He put all his eggs in the Geno basket and failed.

Rex is starting to sound hopeless and beaten down.

The problem with the Jets is mostly...everything. And I don't want to hear about injuries because San Diego was literally losing a guy every other play and they STILL kicked our skulls in. I hear David Harris might be out for a while (MRI tomorrow) so that's another big blow looming

QB is a disaster. Geno is showing why he slipped in the draft. No pocket presence, no awareness. A litany of overthrows and underthrows. Has no touch on the ball. Throws a bad deep ball. Just a hot mess. Can't read a defense either. Vick came in when the game was over already. He really doesn't get 1st team reps so it was into the fire and he couldn't do anything to turn the tide. When the ball actually got there it was dropped.

Chris Johnson looks about done.

Greg Salas and David Nelson are #4 receivers AT BEST.

Offensive line is a nightmare. Willie Colon commits a penalty every other down. Winters is a total bust and that's on Idzik (as is Geno) Pryor is not the playmaking, ballhawking S that we need him to be. And I question the wisdom of drafting him in that slot when what was desperately needed was Marqise Lee or Brandin Cooks or Kelvin Benjamin. Plus neglecting to get a solid #2 through UFA (James Jones) is looking like a major whiff by Idzik. This is all on him. The entire 2014 draft is looking like sh!t as of now except for Amaro. It is early, but not promising 

Denver will put 50 up on us. Peyton can throw all the lame duck TD's that he wants. He'll score at will.

Edited by '7'

First game in the Rex Ryan era that I felt like one could make a case as to why he should be fired...not because it's all his fault (Idzik just seems like he's all wrong for this job), but just because it's starting to feel like he's run his course here...for the most part, his Jet teams have always seemed to play hard for him, but yesterday, it felt like his team quit (to be fair, lousy QB play can kill an entire team, and the Jets have had to deal with their share of awful QB play this season).  I think he'd get another job down the line if he's let go...I just wonder if he'd have to take a D-coordinator job first. 

And someone needs to teach Geno that, when he's under pressure, there's directions to run other than backwards, which seems to be his only reaction.

If Michael Vick had played well, no way the Jets go back to Geno. 

“Hi, my name is Mark Sanchez. I was a quarterback for the New York Jets from 2009 to 2014. I have the best postseason record in New York Jets history. On two occasions, I actually came close to going to the Superbowl. My rookie year was about as good as Brett Favre’s the season prior to mine.. (he’s the guy I replaced) --and I’ve even played in as many Championship games as Joe Namath, believe it or not. I had a win\loss record of: 31-19 over my first 50 regular-season\playoff games with the Jets! I was apart of that organization for 5 years, and had only one losing season. We made the playoffs my first two years, but.. we didn’t make the playoffs the next two. Couple that with a butt-fumble on Thanksgiving, and somehow, that was enough to destroy my tenure in New York. So they started looking to replace me. They first thought that guy would be Peyton Manning, but he signed on with another team. Then they benched me for this other kid named Greg McElroy, but.. he got sacked an NFL record high 14x in one game.. and now he doesn’t play football anymore. Then they signed Tim Tebow & David Garrard…….... yeah, they’re both not playing football anymore either. Mark Brunell lasted 2 seasons.. Kellen Clemens lasted 1.. Brady Quinn lasted 3 weeks.. Drew Stanton lasted 3 days. (no, seriously.. he was here for 3 days) Eventually they signed Michael Vick, and then two days later.. fired me. But the guy they finally settled on to be my replacement was Geno Smith. Geno Smith has played 20 games for the New York Jets. Thus-far, he’s thrown for 16 touchdowns, and 3,968 yards. (an average of 198 yrds per game) He’s turned the ball over 32 times.. and carries a 56% completion percentage. At the end of the day.. who am I to judge?? Afterall, I’m only a lowly backup quarterback, and Geno Smith is a starter. But I just have one question for the rabid fanbase of the New York Jets. Miss me yet?:thumbsup:

Problem with Sanchez was in his last 18 games as a Jet, his play was clearly headed in the wrong direction...18 TD and 25 INT, and in both 2011 and 2012, he was bad down the stretch, saving his worst for the wrong time.  It's not working out with Smith so far, that's obvious (and the good thing is he was only a middle 2nd-rounder, so it's not like the Jets have to give him 3-4 years to prove himself...if they think he's not going to be anything, he won't (or shouldn't) get the same leeway a QB picked in the first round will get).  But there was no way the Jets could've stuck with Sanchez (just seemed like too much had gone wrong), and the league has spoken on that as well...if there were teams that thought Sanchez could step right in and start, he'd be doing that right now.  Team are ALWAYS trying to find decent starting QBs.

My only complaint with people who kill Sanchez is that they sometimes forget that he did some good things here, especially early on.  Problem was he never truly built off any of it...not all his fault, but he was definitely a part of his stagnation. 

Geno is showing why he slipped in the draft. No pocket presence, no awareness. A litany of overthrows and underthrows. Has no touch on the ball. Throws a bad deep ball. Just a hot mess. Can't read a defense either.

The whole thing that's really eating at me, is: Why in the blue hell, did Rex rush to name Geno the starter again for next week directly after the game? What has he done to warrant that?? He's been fined by the league for conduct.. he's turned on the media.. he's cursed at fans.. and now reports have surfaced (as of this morning) that he missed the team meeting on Saturday, the day before the Chargers game. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-bench-geno-smith-michael-vick-better-blowout-loss-chargers-article-1.1964297

..this is only off the field antics, nevermind his horrid performance on the field. What the hell is going on with this organization??! Who is pulling the strings??

Vick came in when the game was over already. He really doesn't get 1st team reps so it was into the fire and he couldn't do anything to turn the tide. When the ball actually got there it was dropped.

..there were 3 drops to be exact. (all would have been for 1st downs) It is incredibly difficult for a cold QB to come off the bench without any 1st team reps in practices, and do much of anything. Notwithstanding, he still played better than Geno.

If Michael Vick had played well, no way the Jets go back to Geno. 

Vick had more completions than Geno.. more passing yards.. more rushing yards.. and less turnovers. He had a TD barely called back, and 3 dropped passes by his receivers. Granted, none of that is anything to write home about.. but he still looked better than Geno. --and this is taking into account that he was cold, with little to none 1st team practice reps.

This Sunday will be Geno Smith's 22nd start if his career. He has 3,995 yrds.. 16 passing TD's.. 33 turnovers.. with a 69.3 rating. He has manufactured 4 victories, over his last 12 games! Geno has done NOTHING to remain the starting quarterback CR.. absolutely NOTHING! No matter how Vick played\looked during the 2nd half in San Diego.. it is extremely suspicious why they would immediately go back to Smith.