Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,585 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Its up already

Posted Image

thx for the pic. looks pretty good. they'll just spotlight it and make a quick mention. the deboer quote is gold. who celebrates second place?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#62 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Just wondering...do teams hang banners for Presidents Trophies? I've never really noticed.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#63 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just wondering...do teams hang banners for Presidents Trophies? I've never really noticed.

Wings do.

Posted Image

#64 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Wings do.

Posted Image

Western conference regular season champs... they hang those up too.

An unveiling would be nice for the Devils but its clearly not what Lou does

#65 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

When we get more banners they better just reposition the current ones and have it wrap around that end of the arena.. Looks terrible to have rows of banners like Philly and Detroit have

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#66 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Jeez, I didn't realize the Wings were such glory whores. I'm surprised they didn't raise a banner in honor of the Avs retiring Bourque's number. Kinda cheapens how full their rafters look.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#67 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Glad the Devils don't do the Eastern Conference Regular Season Champs thing...that feels like an excuse to put another banner up. I'm on the fence about banners for Presidents Trophies. Presidents Trophies don't really mean much in the grand scheme.

Jeez, I didn't realize the Wings were such glory whores. I'm surprised they didn't raise a banner in honor of the Avs retiring Bourque's number. Kinda cheapens how full their rafters look.

Agree, the Devils could have some extra Eastern Conference Regular Season Champs banners if they wanted to. Bleech!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Philly has banners for guys inducted into the Flyers' HOF

But Philly's SCC banners are the worst.. Soooo ugly.. They look like they were designed by someone all the way back in the 70's.. Oh wait :P

Edited by Colin226, 22 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#69 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,758 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

But Philly's SCC banners are the worst.. Soooo ugly.. They look like they were designed by someone all the way back in the 70's.. Oh wait :P

Devs should definitely have a "Ring of Fire" someday. No banners for those players though. Keep the banners only for players whose numbers are retired.

#30 FOREVER!

#70 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

<br /><br />Philly has banners for guys inducted into the Flyers&#39; HOF<br /><br />But Philly&#39;s SCC banners are the worst.. Soooo ugly.. They look like they were designed by someone all the way back in the 70&#39;s.. Oh wait :P

Holy crap, you're right. I always assumed those "HALL OF FAME" banners were for former Flyers inducted into the real deal Hall in Toronto, but the only way guys like Tim Kerr and Joe Watson get in there is if they pay admission like you or me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#71 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

^^^ MY EYES. That puke orange. Bleh. :yucky:

#72 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Holy crap, you're right. I always assumed those "HALL OF FAME" banners were for former Flyers inducted into the real deal Hall in Toronto, but the only way guys like Tim Kerr and Joe Watson get in there is if they pay admission like you or me.

Posted Image

I was at Dave Schultz night back in 2009 when we lost 3-2 (with our 2nd goal coming a few seconds before the end of the game).. What jackass that guy was

#73 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm on the fence about banners for Presidents Trophies. Presidents Trophies don't really mean much in the grand scheme.

You could say that about the division championships, too,

But the division titles fans kind of care about simply because they mean you dominated the area. You had to beat your local rivals to get that. I like teams acknowledging that. The President's Trophy is much, much harder to win, you don't get that very often and finishing no. 1 after 82 games... no mean feat, if you ask me, so a banner is well deserved IMO. The no. 1 spot in the conference however (that is without the President's Trophy) I don't think people really care about that much and I find those banners ridiculous.

Wow, I didn't know it looked that bad until I saw it. The idea is pretty bad, too. I mean, if you want your player's name in the rafters, you put his jersey up. This... I mean, what are you even going to tell the fans when you put up a ceremony for those guys? Yeah, we're raising a banner for the guy. Yes, we're putting his name up there. No, we're not putting his number up there. We're not retiring his number either. No, we don't know why we're doing this, really.

The only special kind of banner I would like the Devils to raise is a mic banner for Doc. The guy is an icon.

#74 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I wouldn't mind the Devils raising a banner to acknowledge members of their team being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame and the year. I also know that Detroit and Boston raise banners to college hockey champions that stay-up all year as well. Boston has the Hockey East and Beanpot banners. Detroit has the CCHA and Great Lakes Invitational banners.

#75 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,899 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

For those who didn't see it, they discussed no banner raising ceremony on the pregame and quoted DeBoer as saying the Devils don't do ceremonies for finishing second.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#76 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I think the Rangers are raising at least tthree banners soon: One for starting the season 0-2, one for signing Rick Nash and one for Stanley Cup Runner Runner Up Champs!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#77 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

For those who didn't see it, they discussed no banner raising ceremony on the pregame and quoted DeBoer as saying the Devils don't do ceremonies for finishing second.

There was barely any acknowledgement (a good thing imo), just a couple minute video with playoff highlights, and they spotlighted the banner during the anthem - that was it.

#78 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Might anyone have a steady pic of the banner to post ?

#79 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think the Rangers are raising at least tthree banners soon: One for starting the season 0-2, one for signing Rick Nash and one for Stanley Cup Runner Runner Up Champs!

I read they're also raising a banner for Ryan Callahan for winning his fantasy football league. Said Callahan "It's a dream come true for a kid from Rochester. Makes the $20 league fee well worth it".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users