Devils at Rangers, Tuesday Feb 7

Triumph

The more I see it, the more I know it was the right call. Volchenkov wasn't pushing him, he wasn't even hooking him ... his stick was on Gaborik's stick. Clean stickcheck. If anything, the way he was leveraged should have slowed Gaborik down. But Gaborik didn't slow down. He plowed full-speed into Brodeur, sticking his elbow into Marty's grill at the last second. Not only was it the right call, but it was a bush league move on Gaborik's part. To me, that's someone clearly taking a run at a goalie who was hobbled the last time a Ranger took a run at him.

I'm glad it cost the Rangers the game. I'm glad it caused Torts to lose his sh!t. I'm glad it preserved a shutout for Brodeur, who played through pain and had to listen to those dumbass Ranger fans try to heckle him even though he hadn't allowed a goal.

Great win. I now just hope Marty's ankle is OK.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the game. Anyone else a little disappointed how the Devils won? Thought the Rangers got screwed. Would have liked them to have won with a clean finish. Oh well.

2 points.

Not disappointed at all.

The refs missed a blatant high stick and trip..............is Tortarella bitching about those?

"I tried to talk to [the referee], and he just looked away," Lundqvist said. "I'm on one foot, trying to get up, and I get pushed back in the net and I get a diving call. . . . It's embarrassing.

"They hit me probably three times before that, an elbow in the head, a couple times they ran me over, so I didn't understand that call at all, but it is what it is."

Not disappointed at all.

The refs missed a blatant high stick and trip..............is Tortarella bitching about those?

callahan slid in on marty by himself in the 3rd, im waiting for the replay, to me this is why the refs called it that way later.

...no way, big win, who would have expected 1 zip and except for our PPG it felt like we were PK'ing the whole game

Edited by lazer

i am not trying to be funny but am i the only one who thinks arguing with a rangers fan is a lost cause. when we didnt make the playoffs last year, all they did was rant and ridicule me. on the other hand, the rangers went on a 5 or 6 year stretch of not making the playoffs, but to them that was not considered to be bad :blink:

• Like 1